Fireflies E07 CU Titanium Limited version Preorder interest?

ah thanks, makes sense. i guess i’ll do the 4 clicks for lockout then.

They would coat it because they decided the copper bezels are not strong enough. Since they’re already coating the copper they might as well coat the stainless, maybe they do the whole light in one shot idk. And for the uncoated versions they don’t coat any of it.

Plating metals is a completely different thing than just putting on a clear coat of something like a thin layer of conformal coating.

Ok, maybe it’s a copper colored coating and not plating then. I mean that’s just what they told me as I said in my previous post.

Ah ok then.

Your complaint is 100% valid then. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the clarification.

After reading your post again and seeing mine I’m pretty sure you are misunderstanding him.

Above poster and I got protective clear coat on the Copper. I assume yours is raw? I think he is saying they shipped the raw Cu with SS bezel.

It still doesn’t make sense but it is consistent somewhat.

He says he will send you copper bezel not coated or painted anything. He is explaining the website pictures.

I received my Cu E07 with SS bezel today! What a pretty little thing. Heft is amazing too.

I don’t want to jump the gun, but it seems like even the tailcap might be SS with the gold plating? It doesn’t seem to be the exact same color as battery tube or heatsink, and isn’t tarnishing as fast.

Interested. Can I still get the coupon?

I got a Ti and a Cu, Ti has Cu bezel or SS with Cu color - would be nice to know if the Cu version has SS tail cap as well - I don’t mind if it does as I like the idea of extra protection.
Also I’m wondering if the clear coating on the Cu would trap/stop the heat getting out? and if I decide to remove the coating what would be the best way…

Came in today…

Interested. Can I still get the coupon?Please.

Interested. Please send me the coupon.

Thank you!

The one with the purple aux LEDs is about 2-3 weeks old, and uncoated.

There are couple things wrong with the flashlight that I received.

1. One of the button leds does not work :frowning:

2. I ordered pure, uncoated copper and received coated :frowning:

3. Bezel should be titanium, but is coated copper :frowning:

4. Amber aux leds looks more like yellow than amber, but that’s not that bad

EDIT: Jack replied that he will send me a new flashlight head.

EDIT 2: Received head, it is not good

thats really bad :confused: i thought FF would have improved their QA by now… since this model costs more thats no cool…

Edit: Contacted Jacky, gtg.

Just a thought… Curious did (all) FF customers who received dead aux leds use a discount code?

Maybe getting a price break = slight defects?

Agree with member quality control should be 100% on these limited edition lights as they are in a sense custom orders as to type emitters, aux color, and coated or uncoated Cu, etc…

I too have not received emails from FF (Jack Chan) after Paypal was sent. However, before sending payment emails were consistent which has me little concerned

If could cancel my order i would immediately

Exact same problem with mine (I asked for Ti+Cu coated, orange auxiliary and e-switch LEDs, flat button cover) : 3 mini-LEDs are working when OFF, 1 mini-LED when ON.
I don’t care much for aux LEDs as I’m not using it but the one that is not working in the e-switch kind of bother me.
Ordered with coupon code.

I asked a replacement for 1 orange LED + button cover + retaining ring. I hope that I will not damage the copper when removing the retaining ring. I’m waiting for an answer.

Interested in full copper (Depending on price)

I’m interested in the Ti with coated Cu if still available. I was actually just eyeing up getting an E07 and would love one in Ti.