Fireflies E07 nad PL09MU Antique-Color Brass versions are ALIVE

I know, I’m so glad Jack is willing to do this. It doesn’t get much more enthusiast customization than this. Here’s an example.

https://www.reddit.com/r/flashlight/comments/un9118/some_e07_custom_aux_leds/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

There's is a sale for almost all of the models on https://www.ff-light.com/
For me it's actually cheaper to buy in EURO

$55.00 $39.99

^ Nice.

I’m wondering if Jack can actually place AUX-LEDs by color in specific positions. And also if he’d allow for changing of resistors to either brighten a dim LED (e.g. orange) or slightly dim a bright LED (e.g. green).

I wrote to him and he responded. There was no acknowledgement of what I had suggested in terms of an LED tint selection & placement, but he offered a “rainbow” sequence of colors for the 7 positions. He said he uses one resistor type for each LED.

BTW, I noticed with the E07, there’s an Osram option: Osram 10W KW CSLNM1.TG

I’m guessing that’s not 7x emitters, whereas all of the others have 7x emitters (Nichia, SST20, XPL HI). So is there some TIR installed? No room for a standard reflector. The FF website doesn’t show an example.

It indeed is 7 Osrams. It obviously gets super hot fast, but it is what it is with Hot Rods

Yeah, that’s way too intense. I had asked Jack about any difference in optics and he confirmed it’s the same but discourages choosing this option—recommending XPL Hi. It sounds like he plans to do a central single Osram with TIR, which for the E07 sounds like it’ll be similar to the Noctigon DM11.

He said it would be for the E07? That would be pretty cool cause the E07 is a pretty perfect host. The only single Osram I know of Jack was working on (aside from T9R) or rather that was done already, was the T1R. Problem is it had his Pro/Lume 1 buck driver, and as soon as the shortages hit, Jack had no choice but to shelve it. It’s already been built and ready to go, but all that’s missing is the drivers. It was supposed to come out January 2021.

It looks so damn awesome, I still haven’t seen a new thrower released that I want as much as this one. And it has Auxilaries too FFS. This shortage has really hurt Fireflies. Jack was on a magical roll releasing some of the best lights this community has ever seen. Now he is on pause and has to do what he can with what’s available to him. I can’t even imagine the other gems Fireflies would already have out if not for him being handcuffed like this.

Is there a way to make the switch and aux leds to be much dimmer? Both mine are blazing bright, even on low. Unless I need to but an all new mule headlamp with red switch and aux leds. Mine are purple aux and white switch. Far too bright.

Aux LEDs can be changed with 7 clicks (but you already tried this), but not the switch LED. And these light don’t looks exactly openable and easily modifiable. Having the same issue with them as you. Way too bright. I’ve read FF’s orange LEDs are pretty dim. Some people complaining about that, but imho that dimness is a good thing.

The switch on the PL09MU can be turned away from view and then it’s quite ok in the dark/bedroom (the 2000K with the silicone cap is a fantastic bedlight). But the big lighted button on the PL47 is a non-starter for bedroom use. Talking about the default white.

Yep. They are all like searchlights. Not great for semi stealthy bedroom use.

Ah… you are correct then. I saw him type “T1R” in his response and I thought he meant “TIR.” So it’s a whole new model. And that makes more sense. He did say there was a driver shortage that he’s waiting to clear. Thanks for the correction.

I agree. Jack has really stepped up his game in designs. I have two PL47mu’s in my FF arsenal and they’re terrific. But Hank is also amazing with his designs and I keep going back & forth!

The Fireflies PL09MU switch backlit is the same as in Fireflies E07
So there are 4 aux leds on the sides, and you only get to control 2 of them, the other 2 aux leds are always on max brightness (the same as in E07).

PS. Got mail from jack, about the important stuff.

"We will consider using 519A in near future.
Buck driver might be available at the end of this year, but not so sure , it all depends on the driver-components supply.
Best Regards!
Jack"

YAAAAAAAAASSSSSS!!!

I’ve been on him too to get some 519A’s too. Glad others have been peppering him about it too.

What are the qualities about the 519A that appeal to you? From what I’ve read, it looks to be notably more efficient than the 219B. According to Jon Slider: “519a is 55% brighter than 219b, both at same 4A power level, Plus the 519a can handle 6.5A … pushing it to double the output than 219b.”

Pretty much the same. The greater output and increased sustained output that happens to be Rosy and High CRI. Don’t have any yet, but I’m pretty sold on them. I’m not sold on them being better than 219B SW45k, but they are about as close as any other LED’s have come from what I’m seeing/reading.

How hard is it to open the PL47mu to dim the switch LED or change the boot?

I specified green and purple auxiliaries and he interchanged them evenly. They look great. Very bright as someone else mentioned, but I’ll take too bright over too dim.

As promised

Are you sure about that? I’ve never noticed any difference, no matter how many times I do the 7 clicks. Aux LEDs yes, switch LEDs no.

pics
pics
Pics
Pics
PICS
PICS!
PICS!!

look from the side inside the button.
the leds are 45 degree offset