Fireflies E07 nad PL09MU Antique-Color Brass versions are ALIVE

well, you have my measurements. it really is lower than 3500K.

Ps. I think the PL09MU have the best button, off all firefly flashlights. Better than sticking out like in Fireflies E07X Pro, Fireflies E12R, Fireflies NOV-Mu

Yeah, as long as it’s over 3000K I’m happy. I like warmer lights.

I’m most curious about the DUV. This will be my rosiest light so far, so that’s the big question mark for me.

Apparently FF is out of brass switch rings and covers for the PL09MU (polished brass) and stainless steel was offered instead. I tried finding a photo of this combo, but came up empty handed. Anyone here who has that combination?

that's probably the Fireflies E07X Pro, Fireflies E12R, Fireflies NOV-Mu switch
First you have to know is it the same size. Because the stainless steel on is a little sticking out in other flashlights. And I don't know is it from the switch, or button
Second I would not go for it, the polished brass side button is one of the best / unique features of this flashlights.
Does he have ETA when he will have them back, or it's just the end and they'll not be brass side button anymore available?

It’s the SS switch of the PL09MU red/blue aluminium version, so the usual ring and cover, just different material. In the mail he said they’re down to the last 10 pieces, all the same.

No idea if the brass version will be back, I’ll ask tomorrow. Going to sleep on it for a night before responding. I probably don’t mind the look at all, although all brass is preferred off course. My biggest worry is that one the brass has a nice patina, the switch will still look very shiny. And then there’s the price. It’s the promotion sale, so roughly 27% discount. I’d be lying if I said that doesn’t influence my answer.

I went for it and it shipped today. Photos of how it looks once it arrives.

Concerning whether or not they come back again, Jack wrote the following: “All brass version or full copper version might come back at end of this year.”

Sweet, I hope you like it. You’ll have a more unique and rare version then. It’ll have a little Ti/Brass look to it too which I’m sure won’t be a bad look at all.

Hey gang. I wanted to point out that jack recently added the option of customer designed auxiliaries. $5 option. I just received an E07 2021 with purple and green mixed auxiliaries and it looks fabulous…almost like the MF01 Mini and very bright. You can definitely navigate with them at night. I posted some pictures on the Fireflies Flashlight Facebook page a few days ago if you want to check it out.

Thanks
Seth

My E07 Brass Special Edition shipped April 26. Nichia 291B. Samsung 40T. I’m excited. Hurry up!

Ah, Seth… this is JUST THE THING I did not need to hear. :person_facepalming: Crap. Now I want another! I just wish Jack upgraded these to Anduril v2 already…

I know, I’m so glad Jack is willing to do this. It doesn’t get much more enthusiast customization than this. Here’s an example.

https://www.reddit.com/r/flashlight/comments/un9118/some_e07_custom_aux_leds/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

There's is a sale for almost all of the models on https://www.ff-light.com/
For me it's actually cheaper to buy in EURO

$55.00 $39.99

^ Nice.

I’m wondering if Jack can actually place AUX-LEDs by color in specific positions. And also if he’d allow for changing of resistors to either brighten a dim LED (e.g. orange) or slightly dim a bright LED (e.g. green).

I wrote to him and he responded. There was no acknowledgement of what I had suggested in terms of an LED tint selection & placement, but he offered a “rainbow” sequence of colors for the 7 positions. He said he uses one resistor type for each LED.

BTW, I noticed with the E07, there’s an Osram option: Osram 10W KW CSLNM1.TG

I’m guessing that’s not 7x emitters, whereas all of the others have 7x emitters (Nichia, SST20, XPL HI). So is there some TIR installed? No room for a standard reflector. The FF website doesn’t show an example.

It indeed is 7 Osrams. It obviously gets super hot fast, but it is what it is with Hot Rods

Yeah, that’s way too intense. I had asked Jack about any difference in optics and he confirmed it’s the same but discourages choosing this option—recommending XPL Hi. It sounds like he plans to do a central single Osram with TIR, which for the E07 sounds like it’ll be similar to the Noctigon DM11.

He said it would be for the E07? That would be pretty cool cause the E07 is a pretty perfect host. The only single Osram I know of Jack was working on (aside from T9R) or rather that was done already, was the T1R. Problem is it had his Pro/Lume 1 buck driver, and as soon as the shortages hit, Jack had no choice but to shelve it. It’s already been built and ready to go, but all that’s missing is the drivers. It was supposed to come out January 2021.

It looks so damn awesome, I still haven’t seen a new thrower released that I want as much as this one. And it has Auxilaries too FFS. This shortage has really hurt Fireflies. Jack was on a magical roll releasing some of the best lights this community has ever seen. Now he is on pause and has to do what he can with what’s available to him. I can’t even imagine the other gems Fireflies would already have out if not for him being handcuffed like this.

Is there a way to make the switch and aux leds to be much dimmer? Both mine are blazing bright, even on low. Unless I need to but an all new mule headlamp with red switch and aux leds. Mine are purple aux and white switch. Far too bright.

Aux LEDs can be changed with 7 clicks (but you already tried this), but not the switch LED. And these light don’t looks exactly openable and easily modifiable. Having the same issue with them as you. Way too bright. I’ve read FF’s orange LEDs are pretty dim. Some people complaining about that, but imho that dimness is a good thing.

The switch on the PL09MU can be turned away from view and then it’s quite ok in the dark/bedroom (the 2000K with the silicone cap is a fantastic bedlight). But the big lighted button on the PL47 is a non-starter for bedroom use. Talking about the default white.

Yep. They are all like searchlights. Not great for semi stealthy bedroom use.

Ah… you are correct then. I saw him type “T1R” in his response and I thought he meant “TIR.” So it’s a whole new model. And that makes more sense. He did say there was a driver shortage that he’s waiting to clear. Thanks for the correction.

I agree. Jack has really stepped up his game in designs. I have two PL47mu’s in my FF arsenal and they’re terrific. But Hank is also amazing with his designs and I keep going back & forth!