Fireflies E07 Osram led

25 Amp draw with a 50E?
Funny I was thinking to buy both as I need 2 21700’s But if the 40T would likely be hardly perceptible regarding lumen decrease/increase I was on the fence regarding the 40T & 50E, but maybe I will buy one of each as I always like to have a spare and the E07 is my first 21700 light.
My edc has been the Emisar D4 XP-L Hi V2 3A 5000K which has served me well.

Surprised me too. I was using 12 gauge wire and a clamp meter. The light throttles very quickly. I would guess when it starts from cold the temperature increases so quickly that the software thinks it’s going to go through the roof and it throttles back almost immediately. After it starts to throttle I can bump it back up to turbo and it actually stays full brightness longer the second time even though the light is warmer.

It’s the only light I have that you can hear the pwm of FET.

I received a response from Fireflies.
The lumen output with the 50E would be 4500l (–2800l) compared to 7300l with the 40T. Taking into account that 7300 may be slightly on the high side, an almost 40% less lumen is a little too much difference for me to consider using it.
I saw that Vinh recommends the 50E though.
Can anyone confirm in their experiences that the reduction in lumen would be that much?

I tried mine at night and without a side by side comparison I can’t see the difference with a full battery. After a short time turned on the 50e does seem to not hold the turbo as bright anymore, P42a will hold the output pretty well even as the battery starts to drain. (P42a should be similar result as the 40t, 40t should be a little brighter than p42a when completely charged.)

You can compare different batteries at different currents here:

https://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Common26650comparator.php

@Pip
Thanks for checking that out along with the 50E.
I’ll likely order both the 40T & 50E.
I’d like to check both against the Emisar D4 I have.

My E07 shipped today.
And I ordered the Fenix are-D1 charger which I’m getting today.

I just received my E07.
Can someone let me know if I have the White Flat 2 emitters from the photo. I ordered the Osram KW CSLPM1.TG 6P 6500K from the Fireflies USA Warehouse.
Thanks……

Yep, that’s the osram white flat 2. Lots of info on the LED here:
https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/53735

I’m going to take a look now.
I appreciate all of your help….

Edit:
That was the thread I read previously which lead me to believe that I may not have the White Flat 2.
Thinking that the White Flat 2 was not rectangular (2x2 in the thread’s photo of the linked thread)
I likely misinterpreted the photos.

I think the white flat 2 is 2 square mm total area, not 2x2

I gotcha. Thank you again……

Has anyone heard from fireflies if and when a gen 2 E07 is coming? I saw some rumors several months ago that there was, but haven’t seen anything recently.

OMG Yes!! E01 sucks! Extremely ringy and green! Mine was also turning purple with my 40T. I will try with a regular 30Q now… This thing is garbage

Received my EO7 on July 23rd and was loving it up until today. I noticed that one of the teal LEDs was not illuminating. I just sent an email to Fireflies to see how we’ll remedy this.
Anyone else have an auxiliary LED stop working?

Update 1:
When I turn on the primary LEDs and shut them off the problematic auxiliary LED intensifies before going very dim again.

Update 2:
Jack got back to me very quickly. He mentioned that it is likely bad soldering on the LED and that I can attempt to re-solder. If that doesn’t work he’ll send me out a new aux board and that he’ll do his best to solve the issue.
Those solder points are very small and I don’t have the equipment for that. I have a portable for those rare occasions where I need to solder electrical connections on my Bike, etc.
I’m sure we’ll get this resolved fairly quickly.
Other than this small issue the light works really nicely.
And I’m very happy with Jack’s fast response.

Update #3
Jack & Olivia of Fireflies took very good care of me. They sent me a prepaid shipping label, I sent the defective EO7 back for exchange and received the replacement very quickly.
They both responded to my emails promptly.
Great Customer Service and a fantastic product, the EO7!!
Thank you again……

I have received an E07 Osram version today. I paid for 2 batteries (one 40T and one 30T) but received only the 40T, and it’s a second-hand battery with very deep craters on both + and - from numerous inserting in and out.
Anyway, let’s get to the flashlight. Appears to be almost equally powerful as the XPL HI version except that it overheats in 11 seconds. Yes, I’m not making this up, eleven seconds and it’s a toaster when you push it on turbo, you can barely hold it. Maybe using a lower current battery is a good idea. Also, the beam pattern on the edges is diamond-ish, it must be because the LEDs are so small that you can see the entire bead looking from the front of the glass.

I’m waiting for the night to get a better impression of this fella.

I can also see that the E07s have changed a lot. It’s overall more than 1mm shorter than my older E07 (XPL-HI). The steel bezel is much thicker on the front, the machining is more smooth, and the button is significantly batter and more tactile.

Some silver linings at the end of this terrible year...

Yesterday, a beautiful one-of-a-kind E07 with 7 Osram KY CSLNM1.FY LEDs arrived at my door. For comparison I have put a deep red Sofirn C01R next to it.

Provided that each of these LEDs clock in at a maximum of roundabout 330lm OTF, the full array of 7 LEDs should do about 2300lm. I did not get to measure actual numbers but I can tell for sure it’s getting quite bright. :-))

Machining and assembly looks flawless so far, no complaints at all. I calibrated the sensor to 21°C and programmed the stepdown to very moderate 40°C. Using a Samsung 50E battery the light got really hot after only 10s on turbo and surpassed my so far hottest hot rod Lumintop FW21 Pro.

I am really satisfied with that special version. The only issue I encountered was the muggle mode in Andúril. It seems to have a flaw when ramping to the ceiling. The brightness ultimately drops to the floor level on ceiling. Fortunately, I will rarely use the muggle mode.

Nice. Seems like Anduril 1’s muggle mode is bugged.

I’m waiting for the E07v2. Supposedly throw will more than double along with Anduril 2 among all the new upgrades. A high powered red thrower would be pretty fun to play with.

Interesting use of red led. May I ask what the purpose of having very bright red light? Is it for use in night time? But if only red light, it seem like it will be difficult to see much color and be difficult to use? For red, usually the voltage is very low, about 2V so likely using linear driver will cause it to be ineffcient. I think best is to use buck driver, but nobody seem to be making one for one cell flashlight, except for maybe the new Fireflies flashlight.

Sure...

My purpose of having very bright red light?

Actually, the E07 has seven emitters, so they can be driven at rather low power consumption to still get some decent brightness, unlike the C01R that needs to be driven hard for high brightness. This version here uses amber colored emitters, so it’s not a true red but more orange-like beam. Now, getting to the very point, this kind of light is both very pleasing with darkness-adapted eyes or for indoor illumination (ceiling bounce). Moreover, red/amber light will attract less insects for these are more sensitive to shorter wavelengths. I tested this with a Wurkkos WK30 in a hot summer night. UV light felt like a pest invasion while red light was a relief even with dozens of moskitos around me.

Difficult to use / to see much color?

Well, in the beginning it’s quite confusing to only see your environment in monochromatic light. Thus, some details will go missing but contrast of bright and dark still remains. After some time the eyes get adapted and it feels quite comfortable, at least for me.

I am curious about Sofirn‘s new CC buckdriver they are using for SP35(T) and SF47T. Maybe they are going to pick up the idea to offer colorful Osram LED flashlights, too.

4 pages and not a single beam shot…. :question:

Anyone actually have the Osram version in the end?

Specs on the Fireflies site are different now:

“7x Osram KW CSLNM1.TG 6500K 6500 lumens (powered by 40T) ; 60 000cd”

Guess the LED might have changed, as this is the W1. Was it using the W2 previously?

still no beam shots of the osram ?