Fireflies E07 preview

Omg, let us know how it looks like afterwards! :open_mouth: Also output tests and stuff. Would be interesting if you achieve similar results as DB Custom :smiley:

i have no calibrated spere and i did not measure before disassembling --- sorry

Here are my two 40T's from fireflies. They both have the rings at the bottom, but with these cells, the E07's shine brighter than my ROT66's, so not sure if Lishen cells would be able to do that? Confusing really as the Lishen is rated at 12A continuous so it doesn't make any sense that they would put out so much more light than a 30Q in my E07. Based on lumens, they would have to be Samsungs even if the specs aren't 100%.

is it possible that the wrapper weighs the difference of 1,5g ?

I noticed the same thing. Using the “40T” from Fireflies, my light is much, MUCH brighter than if I run it on Sony VTC5A from Mountain Electronics. The VTC5A is rated for a much higher max discharge than the 12A Lishen.

Is it perhaps a bit of a stretch to assume the 40T Fireflies shipped are rewrapped Lishen given that they seem to perform so well? Maybe they’re rewrapped something else. Lishen aren’t the only cells that have the ring in the bottom.

They can pulse higher than 30Q. Doesnt make it a good 21700 cell. Dont make excuses for FF. Call them out on this they should admit their mistake regardless of intention. Samsung cells dont magically get longer, heavier, with different casing. Sorry.

Just ordered a few 30T and a VTC6A from Illumn. Guess when they arrive I’ll see how they compare.

Unfortunately, Illumn is out of 40T.

Ok, let’s clear something up on the Twisty E07…. if you have a short to the negative lead the MCU will be bypassed and you’ll have direct drive. If you have a short to the positive then you are in a dire situation and there will be smoke and melted bits inside the light. It’s really that simple. A short to positive is magic smoke, a short to negative is a bypassed driver or twisty flashlight.

Magic smoke. Lol! Sounds like if I screw it up, I’m wanting it to be the negative wire for sure:)

Hahaha yeah! Screw up one wire and you get a twisty light. Screw up the other wire and you get a pipe bomb! :smiling_imp:

Now that everyone has had the pep talk… aren’t you all excited to open up your light and start desoldering leads to fix the thermal compound on the star? :stuck_out_tongue:

This is the first light I’ve ever opened up that used 18 gauge wire for the driver. That wire is THICK and becomes VERY rigid once solder gets into it. I needed long-nose pliers to bend it vertical so I could get the star out. I applaud Fireflies for seeking to reduce resistance by using thick wire, but it is a new experience working with it. :slight_smile:

I'd love to order a legit 40T but nowhere to do that without paying an arm and a leg for just one cell shipped to Canada from within Canada or from the US. Think the cheapest option in Canada with shipping is $32.00 for one battery.

Illumn still has 30T. Capacity is lower than 40T, but they’re pretty cheap and peak output should be the same as 40T.

$61.41 cad including shipping for two 40t's from illumn to Canada. Just can't justify that type of money anymore for a battery.

My second E07 arrived today. First was in yellow, but I wasn’t a fan of the sharp edges on the fins or the gritty anodizing. Second one is in clear. Feels great in the hand and looks great.

Guess I’ll also have to open this one up to service the back of the star.

How about this:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Vapcell-hot-selling-21700-4000mah-30A-40T-gold-continuous-discharge-battery-3-7V-Li-ion-battery/1084158_32868893824.html?spm=2114.12010615.8148356.1.58e064568dn6Ox

Forgot about them, thanks contactcr Has anyone unwrapped a Vapcell 40T to confirm they are real Samsung 40T's?

They may even do a discount if you message them on the forum. Mooch and HKJ have generally found them to be honest

I'll send an email to Jack and see what he says.

I did pm them a few weeks ago and then forgot about that so will look into it thanks again.

Include the measurements you took and observations of the battery itself as evidence. He needs to verify this himself too if he is not yet aware of it.