Fireflies E07 preview

The first and last thing I used my hot air station for was to try to remove and replace a spring on a tail switch board. I thought I had found such a cool method for this until i flipped the board over and realized i melted my Omten and it was about to fall off.

I guess a MCPCB is a bit more resilient but i’m scarred.

Nah.

I personally use a very precise analog scientific hotplate I “dumpster dove” to get it for 0$.

It’s extremely nice to be able to easily control the temp :slight_smile:

This looks like very nice bright flashlight, like a bigger version of Emisar D4! Do anyone have an idea of what the driver is and any photo of tail and driver?

Hmm do you want to put in a GBX172/GBX202 inside?

It would be soooo dope. I know a lot of people would pay a bunch for a boost driver with an excellent UI E07.

What is UI E07? No I currently building gxb172 with convoy s2+ host. I do not see gxb202 pcb yet posted by loneoceans.

The UI used by the E07 is Anduril.

I definitely not good enough to design driver, only putting together driver by soldering is ok :) You need to ask other forum member here to design new driver, but I am curious about this flashlight because it can be brighter than my (hopefully will work) convoy S2+ with XHP50.2 led and gxb172!

Damn.

That’s easily over 2000 lumens of constant output in a Convoy S2+.

Edit: Constant, not sustainable. Thanks for the correction Dale :slight_smile:

Is it Blue? Sustainable is a big word…

Thanks for the correction Dale. Meant constant rather than sustainable.

If it was in a host like the C8, maybe it would be sustainable.

Not even really constant. Boost a 3000mAh 18650 to run a 6V emitter and you’ll likely be pulling 5-6A at the tail, good for what, 30-40 minutes? Higher capacity cell wouldn’t likely run it… so in the end not a lot different than an S2+ making 3000 lumens from a triple. Of course, the heat then throttles everything anyway so the picture painted by words like “sustainable” and “constant” aren’t really as applicable as it may seem.

After seeing Dale's picture with the dry LED MCPCB, I had to know if mine was assembled the same way. Unfortunately, yes.

IMG_20190116_193344.jpg

IMG_20190116_193351.jpg

There IS some kind of gray spray on 'stuff' on the shelf. It polishes off very easy.

Ok Toykeeper was right.

This is not good for lower power emitters like the SST-20/219B.

They can’t take the same amount of abuse as large die emitters like the XP-L HI.

Oh boy.

Is it difficult to remove a glued bezel on the E07? I'm somewhat curious how mine will look underneath if they finally arrive one day.

Wondering if I should open my E07 to bevel the star and put fresh AS5 thermal grease underneath.

Not sure I should. Mine is an XPL HI version and it runs great. Servicing it to increase the thermal transfer might even be counter-productive if it means the outside of the head where it touches my hand gets hotter faster.

At least you will then know the same pain as your emitters and electronics are suffering all the time. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m always right, silly.

… even when I’m not.

If I open mine im not sure i’d be able to not switch out these 219B’s. Then what I would I do with them? Sell them as antiques?

Yes.

Sell them at high prices individually, or put them in your most beloved lights.