Fireflies E07 preview

Can you show the wrapper in full? They do sell a Lishen battery on their site and before we do a witch hunt it DOES say 40T right?

imr has the 40T list as 21.1mm width.

The Aha! moment when the red lights first come on…

And yes, I turned the purple auxiliaries back up, they’re just too magnificent at this level… :smiley:

nah, not a witch hunt for sure, just making sure the battery is ok.

It says samsung on my wrapper

Very nice.

How did you get the purple aux’s to get brighter?

I’ve tried it based on what it says with Anduri and had no luck. Only options that I’ve come across is off, blinking, on.

Did see you can adjust them in lockout mode also, but didn’t work.

Or did you customize yours after receiving it?

See the potentiometers in the lower part of the first picture? The Phillips screw head? Those adjust the brightness of the Aux lights. The top left one is for the center red warning lights, the bottom left is for the inner peripheral ring, the bottom right is for the outer peripheral ring (the ones on the outside of each emitter). There’s not much adjustment, it amounts to a med and a low but it’s there. Designed to adjust the different color SMD’s I’m sure.

If you decide to go under the optic and do this, just remember that the potentiometer’s are rather delicate. Counterclockwise is brighter, clockwise is dimmer… it takes just the smallest of turns to see a change and one change is all there is, it’s not a dial up dimmer like you might think, dimmer, brighter, that’s all that’s there.

With a screwdriver.

The firmware can’t control aux LED brightness on any of Fireflies’ lights. The hardware isn’t compatible with the passive dimming method Anduril uses.

Don't the aux lights come set at maximum stock?

klrman, mine were at full brightness when I got it… I turned em down as they were lighting up the room. Then decided I like em better at full brightness, I’ll just turn em off at night or flip it and head stand it.

Well, it surely looks like a Lishen battery. So I guess I would say it’s safe but it’s definitely a $5 battery instead of a $10-15 battery

Mine are extremely dull so I'm going to adjust the screws and see if by mistake if they were set on the dimmest level.

Awesome thanks a lot.

Thanks TK. Also thanks for all you do making things work.

ok, I could have a faulty one. The screws have no resistance and will turn around forever with no stop. My aux leds are seriously dim. Can I try and adjust the brightness with battery inserted and aux leds lit to see if they will brighten up with a little turn or is that risky?

I want to get the Goddess outline lasered on the lens so it’d make a ghost goddess? lol

You rock ToyKeeper, seriously! :slight_smile: (I still get excited with Anduril and I’ve been using it for what seems like forever already. lol)

Think I have 12 lights with Anduril, just a quick rough estimate.

Hello, I am newbie here… so what is recommended battery with XPL HI emitters?

Also, after reading all the previous mentioned machining and/or assembly flaws such as mis-tapped holes (No drill/tap jigs are used?) Is this “chabuduo” to be expected, or have these flaws been corrected?
If it is hit or miss whether I’ll receive a messsed-up assembled light, think i will pass

The lights are working fine as they are, not messed up but there are a few details that can stand improvement. We look at everything under the microscope here, as we tend to modify lights a great deal. Nothing needs to be done to enjoy the Fireflies E07, it’s a really nice light with some small areas that can be improved upon. Not much new there, very few manufacturers can pass close scrutiny in this forum. :wink:

Would be disappointing if that were true.

Another fault we can add to the long list of disappointments is the aux leds in some E07's such as mine. It's so dim that it's not even worth having them on. The screws to adjust the brightness don't do anything either.

I was too curious to resist so I opened my light too. Same problem of missing thermal paste. I sanded down the edges of the MCPCB and slightly smoothed the burr of the holes with a countersink bit, then reinstalled it with Arctic MX-4 I had laying around. Heat now spreads much faster, which is a good thing. Glad I fixed that, even though I didn’t have any issues before.

Also orderd mine together with a “Samsung 40T”… What should I say, it actually looks like a rewrapped Lishen cell.

Legit re-wrapping companies (as much as they can call them that) like Vapcell and Shockli use their own branding and stats. They never try to look like the battery they are wrapping.

I guess the real question is if FF was also aware this wasn’t a real 40T. Makes you wonder since they sell both…

How do you know the batteries sold by Fireflies aren’t legit 40T.

As mentioned in prior posts, the indented circle on the bottom of the cell is found on some legit Samsung cells. I don’t think its presence is definitive.

Best way to tell for sure if the 40T cells sold by Fireflies are legit or fake is for someone to run a battery capacity test on these cells and compare them with cells known to be legit 40T from another supplier. If the FF cells are substantially worse in performance then they’re probably fake.