Fireflies emitter runtime/efficiency testing?

Yep, FFL351A produced a few more lumens than the domed 519a 5,000k in the 1lumen E07X Canon tests. 4,320 lm at 0 sec. on turbo, with the FFL351A’s vs. 4,182 lm. at 0 secs. with domed 519a 5,000k

2 Thanks

Performance is basically the same with a bit more intensity. I think the ffl351a works better in that particular optic, but we know fireflies has revised the optic to work better with the ffl351a (yet to receive the updated one…supposedly coming with the X1L sometime in April).

The difference was only like 200 Lumens so you’d never notice it in real life side by side with the 519a. I only notice it on the instrument. The difference is mainly in the tint. Its super rosy.

2 Thanks

Thanks for the feedback. I’ve put 4 together into my m21h, 36° optics, it’s indeed very rosy! I found it visually brighter than the 519a 5700k dd in the same setup, no measurement though.

4 Thanks

How’s the beam with the 36° TIR? I have a similar setup in my M21A. I’m using the same mcpcb with domed 5000K 519A emitters and a Ledil Iris TIR that’s supposed to be 10°. It’s actually pretty nice, but it’s quite floody. Maybe I’ll try the mcpcb in my M21H, but I only have the 12° and 8° optics.

Very floody, there’s no hotspot from 1m and onward. I wanted to use the 8° optic but as expected there’s a donut hole in the middle, will try to find some shim to adjust the focus later.

Oooohhh, that looks nice! Is that a drop in solution? Do You just switch the XPH70 pcb with the 4 FFLs pcb? Also, where to get the mcpcb? :slight_smile:

Yes, the hardest part was de-soldering the wire from the old pcb. I bought it from “HotRed Official” store on ali. It’s the 20mm 3535 4Chips 6V PCB.

1 Thank

Thanks a lot! I’ll have to check it out. One more question though - is moonlight still really high as with the XHP70?

Overall it’s less bright compared to the XHP70.3Hi, but still, not as moonlight as my sofirn sc32-519a.

1 Thank