Firefly Lite E07X Cannon FFL351A 5000k

Good video Gary…

You definitely got a weak magnet in that E07X cap.

My sample (E07X) is as strong, if not stronger, as PL47G2 cap

I can see where during assembly a weaker magnet might be overlooked, not being tested or quality checks.

Hopefully it’s a minor mishap, and there’s not many weak magnets assembled.

Please let’s us know how it works out.

1 Thank

Thanks, Kona.
Well the video did the trick. FFL customer service saw it and agreed that the magnet is too weak. They’re going to send me a replacement. I wonder if they’ve got different magnet inserts of different strengths and somehow they got mixed up in the bin and the person assembling the E07X tail caps didn’t catch it. I don’t know if they’re going to just send me the magnetic to replace, or a whole new tail cap. Hopefully the latter, for my trouble!

My E07X and PL47G2 are my first flashlights from FFL for over a year… where I’d sworn off buying more because of a 3rd ordering problem. But I’ve been so impressed with what they came out with lately and reports of better order fulfillment… so I took a chance. Glad I did. I have high hopes that they’ll keep it up. I am really so completely set with flashlights now, but if they come out with another great model and a good introductory price, I’m going for it. I got my E07x on that serious Chinese New Year sale (about 50% off the standard price). This was well worth it, as not only is the design great, but the machining and alignment… all first rate.

1 Thank