Firefly Lite E07X Cannon FFL351A 5000k

I have to say that I’d been a Firefly-Lite customer for a few years and yet had also run into some difficulty with orders (3rd strike was it) that pretty much had me drop the idea of future purchases. But apparently things have improved tremendously. I’d seen the new models put out by Jack with some great options. And the appearance really grabbed me. Like this brand has stepped up to Emisar/Noctigon territory. I was already well set for flashlights and didn’t plan on buying any more, but the recent sale was too good to pass up. I figured I’d give the brand another try. And I’m glad that I did.

The E07X Cannon is a lumens powerhouse for the size. It’s a seriously solid flashlight. I’m really digging the gloss black anodized bezel. It’s thick, beefy, and bold. While I did like the polished steel switches on the PL09 and Nov-Mu, this new black finished switch is excellent. Good tactile feel. And one photo I failed to take that I should have, is the magnetic USB-C cover. THIS… is spectacular. The magnet is strong. The covering is secure. And there’s no fuss with jamming silicone into an opening to seal it up. You just let go and the cover swings into place with a “snap” sound. This is premium.

The machining is as FFL quality has always been, really good. Excellent threading. Tough flaw-free anodizing. I also like this new clip. It’s firm and yet just springy enough. Well thought out.

I also picked up a PL47G2. I’d ordered one last time, but a mistake was made and I was sent a PL47MU. But now, it’s on a really good discount… so I figured, why not? Especially with the new FFL emitters. I opted for 4000k and it’s a terrific temp. I like it a little better than the 519A 5000k/2700k combo I’d gotten previously. Customaux-LED option. I had 4 quadrant clusters of 4 LED’s each - red, yellow, orange, light green. Not sure if the green is “leaking” over to the orange side or if there was 1 emitter mix-up. But overall, I like the glowing gelatin “jujube” look.

FFL E07X comparison to Noctigon DM1.12

The “grater” grid for the tube grip is a bit aggressive, but not too badly. It’s maybe a little less extreme than on the DM1.12. I may still cover it with heat-shrink tubing that I’d gotten for the DM1.12. As you can see on that, I put translucent o-rings first, then covered it. It’s a little bit “sloppy,” but it works well. I’ll probably omit the o-rings for the E07X.

I plan to eventually do some beamshots, although I’m not quite sure how to white balance the camera on my Android phone.

5 Thanks

It’s good to see Emisar and Firefly have moved away on some models from the bastard press fit switches. Does firefly still glue their drivers? Given the choice for warranty I’d go without it. I’m still burnt from receiving a faulty Rott66.

They had a rough period with very inconsistent consumer experiences. Some people would have no problems, others would have nightmares (the worst being no communication). I didn’t have any catastrophic problems, but order mistakes that were extremely frustrating. And you couldn’t return an item for replacement. The cost of shipping would be too much. In some cases, a new replacement was sent out without requiring the faulty unit returned, but that was not the norm. And again, communication problems would result. I had 3 separate problems. I wasn’t going to ever buy again, but I saw how much things changed.

It has been a long road, but Jack (the founder/owner) has stepped up his game. The new “high efficiency 6A constant current buck driver (up to 95% efficiency) with FET turbo” is a game changer. There was some good testimony coming out for the top FFL flashlights and I decided to take a chance. I’m seriously glad I did.

2 Thanks

Please excuse me if I missed it your description, but what’s the color you show in photo, Grey MAO?
How’s it wearing and washes dirt and debris off easily?

I thought of ordering 5000k. Now, I’m wondering if XPL Hi is a better choice for outdoor user

Is the 5000k a clean white beam, without yellow tint shifts?

XPL Hi and Osram would be great for outdoors.

Contacted FF email however it came back addy not found, unknown

It would be the grey MAO - my X1-S is the same body finish.

It’s a very smooth finish and should be easy to keep clean. I’m not going to do any durability tests on mine. :laughing:

It’s my first MAO finish flashlight and I was surprised how smooth it is (almost like the finish you get with satin spray paint.)

1 Thank

Having one of both colors (grey NovMu and white X1S) I’m 99,9% certain it’s the dark white mao.

The dark white is similar to other manufacturer’s MAO (I had experience with emisar and convoy in this regard), maybe a tiny bit smoother, durability isn’t bad but definitely not on par with really good hard ano, something like emisar color cyan and dark grey anos

The fossil grey is very different, smoother yet and with a different texture both to the touch and the eye (it looks a bit grainy/crystalline instead of the absolute even of the white). It also seems a bit more durable - I had the light much longer and use it very often and it shows much less wear (it was my main area light on my two-week campervan trip being stuck to the sides of the car with the tail magnet, bumped it off to the ground plenty time, jostled in some cubby holes with other gear and barely any sign of wear. Plus I use it around the house for reading and moving around at night as I got a 2700K E21A only setup)

2 Thanks

It’s dark white. The other choice is fossil gray. I just got it, so it’s way too early to comment on wearability. I did get some graphite on it after lubing the threads, and it wiped off with not much trouble. It’s not glossy, being a matte finish, but it’s not abrasive.

I find the 5000k to be excellent. It’s a very clean neutral leaning temp. You get that nice brightness without the bluish tinge of 6000k. 5500lm vs 4700lm is not going to be discernable to the naked eye.

2 Thanks

Yes. As you can see in the photo compare, it’s a little lighter than the off-white MAO that Emisar/Noctigon produces. The matte quality is about the same. It almost feels a little porous, but does clean up fine. It’s true that it isn’t as resilient as HA III. But then it’s meant to show wear, as part of the look.

1 Thank

Wow, on my monitor it looks exactly like my fossil grey. I guess it’s the exposure/ lighting in the photo? Thanks for the clarification, apologies @Kona_G for the wrong answer.

2 Thanks

No worries. If I get a chance, I’ll try taking a photo of them together in bright sunlight. That may help reveal the differences better.

2 Thanks

“Dark white” lol!

That’s superb, a mate of mine described the ano on one of his torches once as “dark black”. I said, “so it’s black then?”. He kept trying to argue shades of black with me, I was in fits of laughter. :laughing:

In professional design-work, it would be simply “off white” or “light sand.” Yeah, dark white is a little… weird. :wink::smile:

1 Thank

Contacting FF directly through their chat icon online, you’ll get a response within 24hrs.

So, I ordered the darker of the two Moa in 5000k CCT “Fossil Grey” what we’d call Bone White, and a extra PVD coated magnetic tailcap should come very handy when camping

Thanks for all the information guys!

1 Thank

You can see why I got the two colours confused.

(I’m wishing I’d ordered a magnetic tail cap for mine.)

I to failed to order a magnetic tail cap (thought I did) and ended up with tiny lamp shade…. So, the separate tail cap is $8 +$8 for shipping ….

1 Thank

Overall satisfied with E07X… Now considering NOV-Mu V2 3700k CCT the newest non pink version.

Has anyone purchased FFL accessories?

I’m thinking of adding to my order this spring clamp for camping.

Fyi, the 21700 size magnetic tailcaps are SS machined heavier all around and the PVD plating thick and durable. The Acme threads head and tail are some of the cleanest tightest fitting of any of my lights, USA or imports.

Anybody try out one of these gadgets?

Anyone else find that they’ve got a weak magnet in the black anodized tail cap? Mine is seriously weaker than the one on my PL47G2 and PL47MU.

I contacted Firefly Lite about it. “Can you provide a video of it?” Seriously…:thinking::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I’d say mine has a good 1lb pull. I don’t have anything to measure, only when attached to refrigerator door it takes a good pull to release straight off. Of course when tilted it comes off easier.

I am ordering another magnetic tailcap with NOV-Mu so I’ll have two for comparison.

These are my first FFL since Jack has stepped up his game.

I have talked with Ivy, at first wasn’t sure if she was AI (-; Send her a photo of both tailcaps. Explain that videos won’t show magnetic strength. Keep your English simple and to the point. Unless she went to Harvard, I believe their translator app is limited.

Word back from FFL the jaws on the clamp open up max 40mm. Perfect for clamping onto branches and such. Appears quality engineered, not sure about the plastic, but for $9 I figured wth, ordered one along with NOV-MU 3700k

1 Thank

Here’s a video demonstrating the weak magnet in the E07x tail cap.

2 Thanks