FireflyLite E12R 12*emitters 15000LM 1x21700 Flashlight

I think if it has usb charging maybe you can just open once and leave it close since there is no need to unscrew flashlight :person_with_crown:

Is the top thread also unanodize?

No it is not. Really nice and smooth.

Size differences between a few lights.

https://i.imgur.com/58L3Hzj.jpg

The top threads are anodized, except at the very top rim of the tube. I assume this is for high current carrying capacity?

Thank you for comparison. I realise the E12R look like a trumpet!

In this case, I think firefly design the bottom thread to carry current from battery, and for the top the ring of the tube is use to transfer current, so the bottom thread should be always closed like the FW3A, and the top thread is the one to open and close to remove battery. That is my guess.

MD, I have contacted Jack through the hotmail addy and he responds pretty fast. Keep in mind the time difference

Compare the threads on your sample to first post (prototype) in this thread…

Your body threads appear cut off center and/or using dull tooling

I’m sure Jack will send replacement parts!

Sent an email earlier. Hopefully something can be arranged.

EDIT: Wow after looking at the body threads in the opening post to mine, uh huge difference.

All 4 of mine are exactly like this, it is a line where anodizing stops and the threads end/taper in the cut. Mine had some machining chips, and I cleaned them off with a cotton rag and then lubed it, and they feel pretty nice to me, do look a bit weird though.

Thanks for the info.

Considering 4 of yours and one I ordered have it, this definitely is not an isolated issue. One difference with mine as what you stated is mine still is not smooth when loosening, and tightening the tail cap to the body.

If you look at the OP (Image link here: https://i.imgur.com/1H2c9pB.jpg) those threads on the body are not even close to what you and I received. Curious what Jack’s take will be to the email I sent.

Here are my Fireflies E12R runtime measurements. I have done the same runtime tests with my two Fireflies E12R and NOV-MU, and all of them demonstrate almost the same runtime on the same brightness level (except the purely FET-driven turbo, of course). The lumen numbers are rough estimations and should never be taken seriously.

“Cooled” means that light was cooled by a fan. That “Turbo, Cooled, Accumulated” curve was obtained by repeating the following steps:

1. Put a fully charged cell into the flashlight, turn on the light, switch to Turbo mode. A fan is on to provide additional cooling and extended Turbo runtime.
  2. Switch off the flashlight once the thermal step-down behavior is observed. This is relatively easy here since there is a huge gap between purely FET-driven and 6A buck-driven.
  3. Cool the flashlight for quite a while by a fan, until it’s down to room temperature (cooled for about 10 mins each time, I think). Then go to 1. That’s why there are many “spikes” in the curves. Note that the flashlight can also step-down due to low voltage, that’s why you see some “stages” in the end of that curve.

This test was done to examine how the brightness may decrease along with the battery energy (and temperature).

That 70°C temperature limit was set intentionally to prevent the light from stepping down due to thermal regulation. So you can see how long that brightness level can be used if no thermal step-down happens. I also have that “Turbo, Temperature Limit = 50°C” curve (this one was done without cooling) to show you the true brightness range (after step-down) I got under my room temperature condition (~22°C).

Totally 4203.3mAh/21558.4mWh measured from the USB source. The battery voltage is 2.82V/4.198V, before/after charging.

EDIT: calibrate the lumen numbers with maukka’s 219B standard light. But they are still rough estimations though, because it’s difficult to accurately integrate the output of a light with multi-emitters like this.

Thanks for taking the time to do the tests and sharing the results. Super useful! Finally we have a high CRI tool that can actually maintain lumen levels brighter than household light bulbs

70 degrees Celsius and Cooled scenarios are far from any handheld usage scenarios.

Sure, “Cooled” means that light was cooled by a fan. That “Turbo, Cooled, Accumulated” curve was obtained by repeating the following steps:

1. Turn on the light, switch to Turbo mode. A fan is on to provide additional cooling and extended Turbo runtime.
  2. Switch off the flashlight once the thermal step-down behavior is observed. This is relatively easy here since there is a huge gap between purely FET-driven and 6A buck-driven.
  3. Cool the flashlight for quite a while by a fan, until it’s down to room temperature (cooled for about 10 mins each time, I think). Then go to 1. That’s why there are many “spikes” in the curves. Note that the flashlight can also step-down due to low voltage, that’s why you see some “stages” in the end of that curve.

This test was done to examine how the brightness may decrease along with the battery energy (and temperature).

That 70°C temperature limit was set intentionally to prevent the light from stepping down due to thermal regulation. So you can see how long that brightness level can be used if no thermal step-down happens. I also have that “Turbo, Temperature Limit = 50°C” curve (this one was done without cooling) to show you the true brightness range (after step-down) I got under my room temperature condition (~22°C).

toobadorz, would you mind telling us where you got the Samsung 50S battery from? Did you use Vapcell‘s T50 or an actual Samsung cell?

I have both, and both of them were purchased from Vapcell. The one used here is the original 50S without being re-wrapped.

Thanks a lot for sharing your test results, also the ones regarding the 50S battery on TLF. I wish I had discovered that battery earlier. ;-)

You are welcome. I also ordered another E12R with XP-L HI 5000K (actually I like the 5A tint more, but not available…), but it’s not shipped yet. May share my results after receiving that.

Fireflies told me T1R and E07X parts are already in their warehouse, and they will be available after Chinese New Year. That means yet another purchase… :person_facepalming:

About the E12R charger: Totally 4203.3mAh/21558.4mWh measured from the USB source. The battery voltage is 2.82V/4.198V, before/after charging.

Anyone know if you can turn the brightness of the LED’s higher. Besides the changing the mode in the 7 click option which is off, low, high, blinking?

With the E07 you could turn the screws slightly to adjust the brightness to higher, or lower.

EDIT: Bicycle flasher, party strobe, and tactical strobe both emit a very audible clicking noise when running. Anyone else experienced that before? Never has done that on my E07.

Great runtime tests, but I would like to see the top 3 modes tested with default temperature calibration.