FireflyLite E12R 12*emitters 15000LM 1x21700 Flashlight

I feel the same… I was hoping that since these were second generation lights from FF, small issues like these would have been ironed out.
On the other hand, I have read alot of posts on Reddit of people receiving them and loving them.

I see Fireflies just made a new video for the new E07 flashlight!

The blue color look very nice, but I think I prefer more simple 'diamond' knurl for the grip.

Yes they do seem more positive in Reddit and they mentioned that the tail cap threads are not supposed to be lubricated.

I have several new gen FF lights on order but haven’t received them yet. I’m glad they didn’t lubricate the threads because I clean off the stock lube on every one of my flashlights I receive. Once the lube gets on the contact, you can lose tremendous amount of lumens. I know this because I test output all the time with my TA lumen tube. If the threads go on rough, I use the electrically conductive grease NO-OX-ID. Works great.

Seems like FF intentionally anodized the top threads but not the bottom threads. There must be a design reason as it would not have made a difference in cost.

Wow that E07 v2 beam is mighty impressive. So smooth, round, and no artifact! Looks like a high powered thrower!

I want that E07X Pro definitely with SST-20 4000K 95 CRI.

That optic is way much better, than anything I have seen before in flashlights with 6+ emitters.

It would be even better, if they would make Andúril 2 level 125 as maximum regulated output, and give us the rest of the levels as an intermediate between max regulated and max FET.

You’re going to have to clean the head side threads then, since they came lubricated, it’s a bit of a pain because of the fine threads (I replaced it with my lubricant).

I forgot to mention but it came with a litle jar of lubricant, never seen that before, an aluminium spacer to put in place of the magnet, which is nice for whom wishes to remove it. And the usual lanyard and o-rings.

The beam is also perfect with the E12R, 2 quick shots (WB 4500K, it’s not as pink in reality) :

Wow that looks very rosy. Beam looks great but E07 v2 beam is one of a kind for multi optic lights. Looks like a single led thrower but with the output of 7 emitters.

Wow that’s a nice beam on e12r

E07v2 optic doesn’t look too dissimilar from MF01 mini.

Wow, that e07x pro!

That is the first MUST HAVE fireflies for me, because I don’t own Ff yet.

The body color is awesome, the design is awesome, the BEAM is awesome, the aux leds look great. I’m buying that day 1 when it comes out.

I would take any beamshot video and especially photo with a grain of salt. It is impossible to see the areas that are too bright and clipping (over exposed), and depending on how the camera exposure is set, you can make a beam look narrower or wider than it really is. You can also make the spill appear brighter than it actually is if the main spot is overexposed.

Thinking a bit further, for the E07X Pro, I would like to ask FireFlies to get an intermediate batch of SST-20 emitters as well.

FA3 is a great batch as a nearly neutral white, also JA3 is good as the “warmest” SST-20, but for outdoor usage, where E07X Pro will really shine, I would also use a GD2 tint with much pleasure (it is in the lower half of the 3500K-ish tints, being a so-called “soft white”). I have a GB4 in a Convoy C8+, which is already very nice at 3.5A, GD2 would be at the right tint spot probably already at 1.5-2.0A, and it would turn considerably more rosy at ~3.5-4.0A (where this flashlight design is capped with the current batteries).

MF01 has alot of artifacts in the beam. The E07v2 looks like a perfect round circle.

My E12r shipped yesterday, so hopefully I will get it next week.

This will be my next flashlight… however… I do not want to buy the first version… I will wait for the second revision that sort out all problems… Please notify me when second revision is ready… hopefully it will be in 2 months. I keep using my E07 it works fine.

I am no expert…but the new high quality driver… how much better battery life are we talking about in percent ?

Now in the winter E07 batter life is not much…cause there is a lot of envoirmental cooling using it in 12 minus degrees means you can use the turbo mode a lot longer…and yeah… you drain the battery a lot faster for sure.,…

Now when it have a usb port… I hope in future I can connect it to the computer to set up all settings… cause I will always be too stupid to understand all these things how to set it up… .like change the temperature and ceilings and all this… its really hard… it would be ok if the instructions where good, but the instructions for the E07 is not very child friendly…

Also looking forward to the E07x… I assume it will be the new EDC king… and hopefully same high quality driver as E12.

For a good driver 100 usd is the sweetspoot… its ok…for people more sensitive to the price… or does not care about battery life it might be good with an option with cheaper driver…
Personally I am very eager to the better driver… with higher cost however… expectations of quality will be higher… Perfect threads… and I would prefer to be oiled… out of the box.

Anyway… I hope this design will also be good built so you can drop it…cause this will happen… I use it at work… and you can’t really baby the flashlight there… time is always hectic…in and out of car all the time…

Magnetic tail cap will be good for me in the work car…

USB charging will be very nice… Finally I do not need to bring my usb charger to work…

Also noticed they changed name to FireflyLite from fireflies… might be a good thing… hopefully… this new products will represent a higher quality chapter…

Biggest demand right now seem to be mixed emitters… FireflyLite should listen to these voices…

Also I am interested in below 4000k… I think 3500K might be the sweetspot 4000k is in my opinion little bit too much on the white side…

Anyway nice to see FireflyLite back in full force, and also nice to see they use high quality driver…

Eh, really hard to tell from the short video. The throwier the optic, usually the more you’re able to see the flower petals of the corona. my MF01 mini has a perfectly round hotspot, but the corona does have flower petals. E07v2 might not have quite as throwy optics as MF01 mini, but definitely seems to be throwier than original E07.

E07 has a 10deg optic, which is as narrow as it gets for this multi emitter optics. Throw should not be less than the MF01 mini, but until we see it in person, it’s all a guess.

Received my E12r yesterday, love it.
You guys…lol. This group could find fault in anything!
As far as my brief examination and testing -
I don’t see a flicker at moon/lowest, and I’m pretty sensitive (see rainbows on DLP projectors, see it and hate it in fluorescent fixtures, etc.)
I can’t recreate any aux led issues - they work according to the Anduril instructions.
The tail cap is not anodized or lined because the threads are the primary contact - in the bottom of the cap, there is a spring clip that holds the spring plate assembly in place over the magnetic pill. I’m assuming the little triangular spring clip can be removed and the spring taken out in order to replace the magnet pill with a spacer pill, as that was also included in the box. SO, there is no point in removing the pocket clip in order to screw the tail cap on a bit tighter - its only contacting a couple of minute points on the retentiin spring clip in the tail cap, NOT the bottom of the cap or the spring plate. In touching the retention clip, I’d guess your increasing the electrical contact surface maybe 1%? Thats why the cap threads and the bottom of the tube are polished non anodized and non-lubed - that area is intentionally designed to be the primary contact at that end. As mentioned, they are polished and smooth and well cut - they go on and off easily.
regarding the beam and color, There is a large gap between the top of the ramp and the turbo setting. I like it! The top of the ramp is hugely bright, and on a hike in the snow last night it seemed to never dim and barely got warm. I’m not sure if from the factory the top of the ramp is at its max setting or something less, but its very practical, functional.
On turbo, the step up is impressive. I carried and compared my E07 to it, and the e12r is MUCH brighter on turbo, and too of the ramp.

All in all, the fit and finish is well done, and the kit with the non magnetic pill, o rings, Hugh quality lanyard with spring clip, and lithium thread lube jar is very nice! An incredibly well thought out light, and hits all the right points for me.

Hi TSO,

Thanks for your impressions. May I ask which version you got?

Cheers