FireflyLite E12R 12*emitters 15000LM 1x21700 Flashlight

I tend to be critical of everything, doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy things, I quite like this light.

About the end of the tube, it does fully make contact with the tail cap when the clip is removed, the inner diameter of the tube is 22.15mm and the contact self on in the tail cap is 22mm, though not with the full thickness of the tube unlike on the head side because it is chamfered, but the tube being very thick it still has a surface of contact of arround 60mm² which is quite large and has negligible resistance. So they could anodise it and go with the Noctigon KRx solution with the O-ring mentionned by toobadorz, though I don’t own a KRx so I don’t know how good this solution is.

If they want to keep the exposed threads they could put big square threads on the head sides (same threads on both side), for swapping cell from the front and it would be perfectly good.

About the flickering, some users reported flickering with the lume1 driver while others not, both drivers most likely use the same feedback circuit so it makes sense to see the same variation here.

Fireflies E12R 12-Emitter single 21700 Flashlight

• Emitter type: Sumsung LH351D 5700K W2 CRI80
  • color: Desert Yellow

Do anybody have Anduril one config for E12R? Really don’t like Anduril 2

Also, I don’t get how do I suppose to attach lanyard on the pocket clip, and the point of having pocket clip with this head size.

Here are a few pictures to demonstrate the KRx solution:

The clip is pressed to fit by the tailcap:

The threads are anodized, and there is an additional O-ring (black) there, to compensate the small gap and keep the clip stable:

Also checked loneoceans repo, I don’t see config for 219b. Is it safe to run them full FET? FET not PWM’d in single config I see in repo, there is only 100% on level 150/150

I’ve ran 219B on FET in the E07 with the 40T. It is not good to do but it didn’t damage the emitters. Now with 12 emitters, I think it should be fine.

TSO, how is the tint on the LH351D 5700K 80CRI? I ordered that too and waiting for it.

In direct drive with a 30amp battery, you will get about 2.5 amps per LED (at best). The 219B LED is rated a maximum of 2 amps, so this is only a little above the spec’d max rating.
In the E07, not safe, but in the E12R, I wouldn’t worry.

I can see in the description of E07 that it has 25 degrees optics

Hi guys,

I have some beamshots to share with you. The lights were held by hand and I tried to hold them all in the same matter, however it’s not perfect.

E12R 219B-V1 sw45k, Turbo, Samsung 30T

E12R 219B-V1 sw45k, High, Samsung 30T

E07 XP-L HI 3A, Sony VTC5A

D4S XP-L HI 3A, Sony VTC5A

D4S SST-20 3000K, Sony VTC6

SC600w Mark IV Plus, Panasonic GA

X6 3x219B-V1 sw45k, Panasonic GA

X6 3x219B-V1 sw35, Panasonic GA

I get 20.5A on turbo at turn on with a molicel P42A, fully charged in the flashligh (4.19V) (measured with a 20cm 4mm² cable ~1mΩ, and a currrent clamp). So it’s quite fine.

Edit : I thought that was maybe bit low so I checked again : 24.1A, it’s possible it’s my current clamp was acting up (UT210E) sometimes it shows wrong values and need to be turned off/on, this time I checked beforehand against a know current source. I get 22.5A with a 50E2 (well above its 10A CDR).

The cell max continuous rating is just a safe limit given by the manufacturer, it doesn’t mean it’ll draw that amount, it can be less or more depending on the resistance of the load.

No those are great :+1:

Thanks for the pics, that looks like a better solution.

Great photos.

Since I was one of the people who did receive a flashlight that did slip through quality control felt I needed to reply.
“You guys…lol. This group could find fault in anything!”
Glad it “hits all the right points for me”. Not sure why you had to write a post other than your thoughts on the flashlight you received. One time maybe in the future you will be on the receiving end of a flashlight that is not working correctly. It was a first time having a problem with a flashlight I bought. My instance wasn’t looking to find a fault. Tail cap doesn’t screw on properly. It’s that simple for me.

Is anyone aware of a code for these? I was on the pre-order list and had that code but had too much going on to get the order placed, but I’d like to pick one up now and the code has expired.

Thank you guys, you dispelled my fears!!

Also I think it will be much better with frosted / floody optics, any ideas where I can get one?

Not sure if there is a frosted one of this size. You can sand the stock optic or add DC-Fix. However, frosted, sanded, or DC-Fix will result in some lumen loss.

On the topic of Optics, does anybody know what specific optic (brand/model/size) FF uses in the E12R?
It would be super cool if FF sold the optics separately. I would love to put a 10 degree optic in the E12R instead of the 35 degree.

I would want both as well.
Optics are usually pretty cheap.

Are there any deals for the E12R in sight? I think it looks amazing, but it’s still quite expensive…

Fireflies generally don’t discount.

Maybe if they end up on BG.

Really? I’ve never seen anything above 103 or 104 (though to be clear, that doesn’t mean much). I’d love to see data and have a source of 107Rg emitters.

This light looks really good. I’m unusually tempted by it with the 219Bs.

I might remember wrong.

edit : 106 here and much more rosy (bob_mcbob has D200 IIRC)