FireFoxes 4 HID, [originally a GB thread], ($230., shipped via DHL), ($205 via Singpost) w/ beamshot links in OP

That’s mostly directed at Flashlightman just to clarify :wink:

FF4 runtimes from Bill:

60W 2-3minutes
40W about 40minutes
24W about 75minutes

Wonder what is the temperature for 40W after let’s say 10 minutes? Please report temperature measurement if possible.
I am guessing high temperature cause FF4 body to expand and crack the glass. Just guessing, anyone knows the real reason?

We will have those figures when the FF4 is finally reviewed by an experienced, thorough reviewer. As for me, I’m not at all worried about this breaking glass problem since the factory can easily address that specific problem, and most importantly, the FF4 is not their first product as they have been around to making HIDs for quite awhile with very good reputation to back up their name. Chances are high it might not be perfect but I can live with that if it is.

It would be more useful if we knew what exactly it was. It appears that the FF4 started out at 40W and throttled back to 24W after ~15 minutes, but that’s attempting to read between the lines and could be wrong.

Oh OK, it must of been someone else that has exclusive rights to sell these that said something. My bad. All in-kind PM? No need to go there, it looks like it must be other sellers that made the other two remove the option to sell to the U.S. No need to send me something that will make you look like a fool later. If you never once complained about Bill selling to the U.S. Than I offer you a genuine apology. I am sorry Lips you are not a tool. My bad. Have a nice day :smiley:

Flashlight man

That was a heartfelt apology 0:)

Is Bill the same guy that continuously spammed BLF until he was banned, re-registered and continued to post, post then deleted etc?

I didn’t complain about Bill selling to the US. Bill came to the ballgame late. He asked fire-foxes if he could ship to the US and they said no, not me…

I did complain about Judy from flashlight torch as she posted links in my sales thread pointing to her site, sent emails to USA customers, sold me a light shipped to USA, bid on lights meant for the Chinese mainland market after she was told it was strictly forbidden for dealers to do that. She was told months ago she had to stay in her own territory and not ship to USA.

To explain a little how the USA market came about I did the first run of the FFIII. A frame work for the USA market was talked about as I have had some history with fire-foxes. I wrote feedback reports about the light and offered suggestions about the FFIII and the next light (FFIV) that was under development way back when. I listened to those on the forums that had insights and wishes and reported them back to fire-foxes with my own suggestions. Stereodude had a good point about making the batter pack larger for protected batteries and I went to bat for it as I thought it was a good idea. Unfortunately the train had left the station on that one for now.

Basically the USA market is designed to have a forum guy be proactive for service and provide information. Also be set up as a repair station with a full compliment of spare parts and extra swap-out lights to address an issue with a light quickly. Also avoid expensive time consuming shipping back to China that is cost prohibitive. Also in time set up East Coast and West Coast places to buy from… etc.

Fire-Foxes didn’t say hey lets do USA market for LIPS because he is so good looking. There was some strategy behind it. I have been on the forums for 9 years and am into all kinds of lights… I’m cautious about what gets shipped (as Bill should be) and concerned about lights getting shipped with gross profit lower than what it cost to ship the light overseas. How many times would someone do that if there is a repair that need to be done. The price difference makes it harder to set up other buying points in the USA and causes deserved animosity from USA customers. Since I’m around almost everyday I’ll likely catch some flak if a grey market light can’t get fixed or the buyer badmouths the light because of a problem. So as a forum guy which is a main target market for this light I have concerns of price wars just to move a few units and sky up later. The frame work was set up a while back and I did not pressure them to do it. Their company and they call the shots. I was perfectly fine buying my light and going about my business. If I did do USA I wanted it done with a plan and at any time they want to do it a different way or the plan is unworkable I’ve said just let me know or I’ll let you know…

There will likely be other improved generations of the FFIV and other larger HID spotlights and for me its fun providing a little piece of the puzzle and some insights on

Hope that provides a little explanation and understanding on this…

Yes, he is the one. He also does not complain about anybody else getting exclusive rights to sell in the USA, whoever that person may be. FF the factory told him he cannot sell to USA residents, so he did comply, as announced in his website. To set the record straight, we as flashlight lovers also love to find the highest value for our money. I organized this group buy when I talked to Bill if he can supply, of which he said he can. (at that time I was not aware of any restrictions, personalities, etc.)
If Bill had repeatedly violated BLF policies on spamming, that is his problem, but at least he has not defrauded anyone for that matter, which, for me, is the more important thing as to where we send our money to, and also, I have not read anything from Bill talking bad about anyone of US.

Any Aussies getting one? Any ideas of shipping costs to Sydney, Australia?

From doingoutdoor’s website:

To Australia:
EMS $30
epacket $18

http://www.doingoutdoor.com/shipping-cost-for-ff4-p-345.html

Yep, I’m getting one.

$18 in epackaging to Australia. Best e-mailing Bill to send you a PP invoice, the website doesn’t quite work.

$30 if you want more traditional posting.

Looks like you are doing it right. I read threw you thread at flashforums I believe. Great idea to set up a warranty center here in the U.S. That will really take a lot of the waiting time out for possible issues. Hopefully all goes smooth for this very impressive little beast. Looks like it puts out a ton of power.

Ok cool. I might wait for a bit though, I’m wary about getting the first batch of anything now!

I am not in USA. But for me, I always think if I can save 10 or 20% just remove the warranty when I am very confident with certain brand. If only manufacturer let us choose to include the warranty or not. In my dream I guess. For example I bought Canon camera from USA and the warranty cover USA only but I am in Malaysia. So far none of them are having issues after more than 5 years, so I am quite confident I don’t need local warranty next time I purchase another Canon globally.

FF4 photos burning paper

Interesting, had the same affect to my wallet……! :wink:

hahahahahaha…you made my day today. Nice one

Well it’s the Monday that the FF4 is supposed to begin shipping to the dealers (after the lens delay). So is it actually going to happen or will there be another hold up?

Or are we actually getting our hands on these within the week?

Bill has just informed me that he expects the delivery of the lights to him tomorrow and that all the glass lenses has been replaced presumably to a more heat-resistant type.