FireFoxes 4 HID, [originally a GB thread], ($230., shipped via DHL), ($205 via Singpost) w/ beamshot links in OP

Look at post #11 above, or

http://flashlight-torch.com/firefoxesff4-p-68.html

Does anyone know how much is the final price of the FF4 (USA) group buy?

Lips said that he had not heard any info on prices yet. .though he did mention ‘too good to be true deals’.

I have read a few comments in various places saying it will be a lot more than $210 as his GB for the FF3 was high, how true that is I do not know.

Nor has he said what the shipping costs overseas approx’ would be (I have asked). Considering the closeness of claimed shipping dates (from various sources) worrying there is so little info about.

I believe FT will be looking into getting FF4

Surely they will be getting from the same manufacturer since there are no clones of the FF, however just like in any business, selling prices can be varied, depending on the seller’s desired profit margin. As to whether $210 is too good to be true, I have previous dealing with Bill as well as my friend who bought 2 Blackshadows and genuine Panasonics. He has consistently given very competitive prices and so far I have no reason not to believe him. The internet is a small place now someone who does not live up to his word is easily exposed.

Edit: Remember how Thrunite’s TN31/30 prices dropped by almost 100% (plus a free Ti at that) after its sales was fast eroding due to the advent of the K40s? That was also too good to be true!

Agreed they all must be getting the FF4 from the same place. But the wholesale price would be dependent on the quantity ordered. I don’t know Bill but I will take your word about him. If he says that he can supply 20 @ $210 I don’t disbelieve him. From other prices I have been quoted it is a good discount but not unbelievable.

I do not know the import duties levied by the US (if any) but that might just add a fair bit to the other GB and might account for the differing views on price. But I must admit that I am fearing that the price for the US GB might be a lot higher than I first thought.

As I said in an earlier post things are seemingly getting ugly with all the ‘who supplies where’ issues. A real pity. And maybe a reason why no firm price has been finalised for that GB.

And you are absolutely correct the internet can destroy a reputation fast.

flashlight torch.com is taking preorders at $270
did anyone else get this email from them? i have no idea why they sent me that.

You are not alone. They sent me this too:

We will have the FF4 on sale at the begining of the May
And very limited units of it .
The price will be $289 without discount .
Thanks
Judy

I think the import duty is 12.5%. “Lips” will have to pay it. Someone like “Bill” wouldn’t with shipping one light at a time to the US. I would expect that “Bill” and “Lips” have different amounts of overhead / costs and probably have different expectations on profit margin.

Legally, there is nothing preventing other retailers from shipping the product to the US. Many companies have tried to restrict grey market imports, but it’s perfectly legal thanks to the doctrine of first sale. However, Fire-Foxes can stop providing a supply of products to the retailers outside the US if they want.

Cheers for the info… Unfortunately today, I am hearing that things are getting more complicated and nasty at the moment (just hearsay no proof) silence from a lot of the players and now the FF4s page on flashlight-torch has disappeared which is worrying for those that ordered from them.

Has anyone else heard what is going on, and has Bill been in contact with anyone over the GB recently? tatasal? Lips has also been silent.

In my emails with Bill, he has mentioned about protectionist policy of the manufacturer. He can pre-order from them, provided those lights are to be sent to non-USA addressed customers. For all other countries, no problem. He does not want to buy all the lights and sent to him, then re-send individually to ALL customers, for he does not want to lose their trust on him, and cannot buy from the manufacturer again.
So far that policy has not changed I think.
For those interested in the FF4, regardless of your geographical location, you may contact him directly through at bill.qiao@163.com for your concerns.

I’m pretty sure everyone’s on a wait-and-see position. Anyway, the projected month of May release is fast coming up.

now available for pre-order at $270, free ww shipping, 1 yr warranty
http://flashlight-torch.com/firefoxesff4firefoxiv4-p-68.html

Yeah I saw that it was back up.

tatasal have you seen this? might be an option for you if gb fails, Price looks good.

Link

Thanks for the link. I have gone through the link maybe five times but I can’t seem to see how much is the price…is it $238 plus freight?

¥1,280.00 CNY = $207 plus shipping EMS:¥30.00. mind you can’t work out where that shipping is for!!!

I was just in contact through his email address (bill.qiao@163.com) with Bill and he says this group buy is almost a go at nearly 20 pre-orders. In fact, we were already making arrangements with what courier I prefer. FYI

I just saw on fire-fox website that if u are in U.S. and dont buy from lipps than u have an invalid warranty. If he wants to jack up the price I hope all non U.S. buyers go with a different supplier.

http://www.fire-foxes.com/

Vote with your wallets, guys.

Two vendors have assured me that they will have warranties with their FF4s even the ones to the US.

Be interesting to see if the other vendors get together and pressure FF to stop omni from supplying anyone outside the USA. May not happen this time but have a feeling that this is not over and some people have very long memories.

oRAirwolf, it will be interesting to see, and I will be looking to see just how many in the States do vote with their wallets, as there are alternatives out there.