First battery pull

+1

best bang (i know im gonna hear about it) for the buck (pun intended)

Nice going ‘ChadB’… looks like you found an endless supply to pull from. Congrats……… :slight_smile:

Oh yeah, like has already been said, the LiitoKala Lii 500 charger is decently priced and does a good job.

!!

Pulled these today, notice I didn’t rip the heat shrink all up! LOL, I’m learning… All of these batteries in the photo were perfect, they tested on the volt meter from 3.68v to 4v averaged around 3.85v… Only 3 of the packs had cells that were bad or I didn’t want! some Ni-hm’s in one pack, bad cells in one, and then bad cells that were “C” sized lithium ion batteries.

I think I’m done for a while, I’ll let the supply build back up and make a day out of it!

ALSO is there a battery charger/tester comparable in price and functionality to the LiitoKala Lii 500 sold in retail stores or online that ships from the US?
I am going to order a LiitoKala Lii 500 but would like to find one now being it take a long time for orders to get here from China.

Plus with all these damn batteries a couple chargers wouldn’t hurt.

Thanks for everyones help, after I test these I’ll post results…

Wow…… I am jealous ChadB. :smiley:
Those look great!!!

Teach, your close enough to me…… Let me get these things tested and one day if you’re around my side of town hit me up and you’re welcome to have some!

I work very close to I10, PM me and I can give ya my #… I’ll trade ya batteries for advice!

That sounds like a plan ChadB! :slight_smile:
Are you in P’cola or close? If so we are practically neighbors. :wink:
I’ll PM you in a minute my friend…… :slight_smile:

What a beautiful sight!! You can never have too many batteries. You can even sell them on the forum.

You might consider numbering them so you can keep track of them. There are a couple discussions around here where folks talk about battery organization.

As far as chargers go, have you seen this topic: ” chargers for a $1”:DIY: Olight Magnetic USB Charger Make Your Own for $1. Tutorial Video

Thanks for the 1$ charger tip! I need a tester. I have a cheap charger.

In case it hasn’t been mentioned yet, just keep in mind that some laptop batteries are the higher voltage versions (max charge of 4.35v, not 4.2v). So, the resting voltages will be a bit higher on those than the standard 3.6v/3.7v cells. If you web-search the model number printed on the sides, you should be able to tell which are which. :beer:

The liitoKala will it charge up to 4.35

The only ones I’ve that are 4.35 are those blue ones. I’ve been looking them up when I pull em and taking a screenshot of the specs.

You can charge any 4.35 ones to 4.2 volt it will work fine you only lose a tiny but of capacity like 200 mah and it makes the life cycle of the battery last longer as well. Up to you if you wanna charge them to the full 4.35 volt

I ordered the Lii-500 from Banggood with a coupon I found here on BLF on Sept 26 and received it on Oct 11…a little over 2 weeks…so not too bad IMHO.

Another one I keep seeing mentioned in comparisons is this one I believe: (someone feel free to jump in and correct me if I’m wrong)
Opus BT-C3100 v2.2

Coming up with Free Prime shipping and only $36 from US.

(I’m about 30 miles from P’cola on the Alabama side….if you don’t have Prime and don’t want to fill your cart to $50 for free shipping, lemme know) :smiley:

HaHa, I have prime! That’s the greatest membership ever! Thanks for the offer though…

In regards to charging batteries, should I just get a hobby charger? I plan on making a few battery packs for camping and what not. Seems a hobby charger would be more versatile.

Any input?

Do those red cells have a model or part number on them? Something like this?

They do have a model # I’m not at home right now so can’t quote the number. Is there a reason you ask, should I worry about something?

I do know they are Sanyo and start with LG if I’m not mistake.

Lg and Sanyo are two different companies. Nothing to worry about with a normal flashlight, but you might want to know what brand cells and amp ratings though. That LG cell I posted is a 20amp HE2 for example.

I’ve been looking up the number on the cells and taking a screenshot of the battery specs. I’ll compose a list when I get a charger and verify all the cells are good.

No big deal, was just interested to know what the red cells were.

ill look when i get home from work, i was just making sure i wasnt holding a ticking time bomb or something lol