First budget 18650 light - Solarforce?

Cool blog! In my fav's going to read it a little more later. Can you see why I thought it had a barbers pole on the seat tube?

http://www.merciancycles.co.uk/ (mine)

sorry to thread jack OP.

Marc.

Wow that bike likes so similar!
-Garry

Ok so my 2 choices are:

1. New version 2011 black L2 (non tailstanding but reverse clicky) with extra bezel = $17

2. Grey L2P (tailstanding with forward clicky) = $18.99

1 or 2? Tough choice! Ordered my Manfont UF drop in

L2

Because I'm very fond of mine .

Guys, do you have to actually turn the flashlight off to change the mode with a forward clicky (From high to low)?

Want the grey L2P, but really put off by the forward clicky. I could get the black and maybe buy a reverse clicky switch if it bothers me. Or are there known compatible reverse switches that I could put in the grey one?

Concerning: reverse switches for the L2T

You could try to contact SFS (Jo - Managing Director of International Trading Company & Solarforce) directly and ask for reverse switch internals... I think somebody mentioned a price of $3.99 somewhere... can't find it again.

Thanks Vectrex, looks like replacing the switch with an aftermarket one is a no go then!

And I did contact them but was told the L2 is reverse clicky and all L2P are forward. Doesn't sound like I can get separate internals.

Do you have to actually turn the flashlight off to change the mode with a forward clicky? That could be annoying in the middle of the woods while geocaching!

With forward or reverse, you have to turn the light off to switch modes. However, it's much faster with a reverse clicky as you can just do a short-press to start cycling through modes. With a forward clicky, you have to click it all of the way off, then short-press to start cycling through modes. Once you get to the right one, do a full-press. To me, not a huge difference, and I like the "tactical" feature on the forward clickys.

If you were in the US, I would just sell you my older style L2P reverse clicky.

Once you switch on a reverse clicky , you can cycle through the modes as often as you want with a mere half-press ...

Just received my grey L2P reverse clicky. Really happy with the quality but I think the threads could use some grease. Can anyone recommend some that I can get in the uk?

This is going to sound stupid, maybe. But how do you turn if off? A full click?

Marc.

Messed up with 'quote'.

But yes, a full click wil turn on and off the flashlight.

Thanks Gab, I have 2 L2s coming and 2 drop ins from Dino. I just had a head scratching moment.

Marc.

So hold on, if I have a 5 mode drop in with no memory, does that mean if i click it on and then say 15 mins later click it off, Then say after a few minutes I pick up the torch and switch it on again, it will always go to high?

Marc.

Yes, exactly like that.

But on the other hand, if dropins are from DD I would take specs with some sceptics ;)

My flashlights without memory come up with the next mode in line when turning them on..

I guess I'll soon find out, I have a DD XML and an XPG R5 drop in on the way. I will make sure to let everyone know what I think When I get them.

Thanks for the replies, Marc.

To keep things simple, you won't do anything wrong with a light coat of petroleum jelly. I've done that for decades.

Even a light drop of motor oil will work.

Just don't use anything that contains grinding particles, like MoS2-, copper- or graphite grease.

Cool, think ill just use some engine oil as i have some handy. Should i just use it on the threads or does it need applying to the o-rings as well? Will it harm the o-rings? I take it that i should use it on both ends of the flashlight tube? The head end thread is annodized but the tail end is bare alu...

Thanks