First Solarforce host. L2P...Good host but a few minor dents. Coated lens options ? Edit: +1 Solarforce !!!

Know any discount code ?

Fancy Flashlights /CNQG has coated lenses.

Hmm I’m not sure if it fits the L2P. Does it ?

This forum thread said to get the one from KD.

Anyway I ordered it already. Only 3 bucks. The triple nichia won’t be that bright anyway (compared to xml2s and stuff) so the extra 5-10% light should be nice.

This is newer thread for KD’s ar coated lens, this is thread for CNQG’s

The Fancy Flashlight/CNQG AR Lenses fit as well. I have both but I’ve lost track of what is in which light so there can’t be much difference. :slight_smile:

I have/had a few lights well into the $300 range. They are more than just lights, its a true hobby, and fascination for some.

I don’t buy the big guns for the most part, and almost half of my collection of lights is from Solarforce. But I do have $600+ into one… the one in my Avatar. It’s with me 24/7. :slight_smile:

Wtf 600 for a flashlight ? With you all the time ? EDC ?

Link it !

Wow Dale, didn’t know that set you back that far! Whew that’s a lot!

Truly a beautiful light though! :wink:

Just found his thread: Photon Fanatic Build, Ti Neck Light (Pic Heavy) *8-5-14 Upgrade*

Holycrap. That’s a chunk of titanium lol

The labor was of course the majority of the cost.

Texas Poker by Photon Fanatic And yes, THS89 found it first. lol

About 14 years ago my best friend was a gunsmith. Times were slow so he he went to work at a machine shop that made surgical implants. He gave me a 1” bar of Surgical grade ti (Grade 23 or 6AL4V Eli) and I’ve been looking for a purpose for it ever since. I did cut 3 rings from it. Made me and the first wife matching wedding bands then got divorced about a month later. Anyhoo, I sent the Ti to Fred and got back this exquisitely made 3” neck light, wear it on a Ti curb chain with a Ti gate hook.

He also made a very sweet pill fob from the remains of the bar for my wife. She barely lets me see it. lol

Well, probably. I’d just sold my truck, a 92 F250 diesel with Banks Turbo, so I had the money to do it. Don’t now, but that’s a whole nutha story. :wink:

I’ve bumped output on my Solarforce S2200 to 2657 OTF lumens at 30 seconds, love it! My M8 was destined for an MT-G2 from the get go, it’s now making 2322 OTF at 30 seconds from a sliced and diced emitter. I have an L2M shorty with my very first triple build, making 1163 OTF @ 30 sec, and the K3 head,mounted on the L2X extended body, with a 3 ounce copper slug under the MT-G2 making 2412 OTF @ 30 sec.

Even the M3 didn’t escape, it’s got the original XM-L emitter but it’s de-domed and making 980 OTF @ 30 sec. and a misleading 71Kcd. I have an L2P being used in the Lantern set-up with a Nichia 219, and supposedly one of the best UV P-60 drop-ins on the way for another L2P. The Gold L2P sporting MattAus silver-plated copper shell with 3 Nichia 219’s in the Hi CRI variant is making 493 OTF and utilizing Matt’s Hyperion firmware. Fully adjustable 7 modes in 2 groups, on the fly through the switch. :slight_smile:

I really really like my Solarforce lights! :slight_smile:

Solarforce just gave me a partial refund for the dented L2P I received.

+1 Solarforce !

:smiley:

Actually solarforce sales has been slipping quite a few times!

you can read more in their Review thread..

Quite a few people got B-grade... don`t know why, but it doesn`t sound like they are having good QC!!!!!

China and QC lol

I think the customer is the QC…

Any pics of the l2p? Curious about the damage it came with.

They are very minor. My phone isn’t really good enough to see em up close. Tbh if I had known it came this way I would have just got the L2 for half price. I told em this so they refunded the difference.

My l2 came in perfect condition. $13 with 7 day shipping during Xmas rush. One heck of a beautiful light.

It looks pretty similar to an l2i 3aaa my friend got me a while back, except for the tube diameter obviously, but he paid nearly $40 for it. I’ll have about $22 in it once I build the module and have a significantly better performing light.

interesting

ive bought a l2t, p1d, l2m, and l2p in the past 3 months, all A+ quality, not a scratch on anything and fast shipping

maybe some people just got unlucky and some bad hosts slipped through?