First Solarforce host. L2P...Good host but a few minor dents. Coated lens options ? Edit: +1 Solarforce !!!

EDIT: This host is very good. Had a few minor dents/scratches but Solarforce have me a 50% refund :slight_smile:

happy new year man ;)

seriously.

hh

Where did you buy it?

Haha thanks, you too !

Overall it isn’t that bad I guess. Much nicer than the 501.

The slightly loose threads are actually not really that squeaky compared to the 501.

The grease, I could probably get it from home depot or some place (silicon grease right ?)

The only issues are the minor dents and a missing 0-ring from the front (it has space for 2 but only 1 is there) and no extra 0-ring

I’ve contacted them. Hopefully they will send me the o-rings and maybe some grease and a partial refund for the dents or something.

Awaiting the Sportac 3x Nichia dropin now. Review when I get it.

http://www.solarforceflashlight-sales.com/

That second empty groove at the front isn't an o-ring groove... move the existing o-ring up and you'll see the head will chew into the o-ring. It's not supposed to be there.

It's a DIY flashlight kit. It's not supposed to be finished. I guess it's assumed that if you build your own light you will also have the stuff required to do so (like silicone grease).

edit: Please don't ever buy a LEGO kit, you will be highly upset at the discrepancy between the pictures on the box and what you find inside.

Fair enough. Still, an extra o-ring or 2 would have been nice considering it cost 20 bucks for just a host. Then there are the dents… Even the 501 from fasttech had no dents.

I think you might need to look into much more expensive lights, the budget stuff doesn't seem to be meeting your expectations. Cheap stuff from overseas is cheap for a reason.

Well I ordered a sunwayman D40A. Is that considered expensive ? I hope so, cost me 60 bucks lol

I don't know, nearly all the cheap stuff requires some handiwork & attention to detail to become something more than the cheap mass produced stuff it starts out as.

In my experience with Solarforce this is not normal, the finish on all mine is acceptable, they get used anyway so they will get the odd ding and scratch but they should be near perfect as new.
The threads on mine needed greasing before using, not good but a cheap fix.
I’ve never got a spare o-ring with any of mine. There should be an o-ring at the join between body tube and head. Between the head and glass there is an L shaped rubber and the bezel side there is a flat plastic washer (between bezel and glass).

I’m sure that Solarforce will do right by you, they’ve always been more than helpful with any query that I’ve had.

Any thoughts on a better lens ? I noticed this one is not AR coated.

What’s the best coated lens for this L2P ? (ideally something not too $$:money_mouth_face:

How about this ?

http://www.kaidomain.com/Product/Details.S004329

Start paying over $100 for a light and you’ll find the things you’re complaining about. $180, $230, there are some really nice lights out there. If you don’t mind paying for that level of perfection.

Ok I may be crazy but I’m not that crazy lol

I’ve used those and they are good, it almost looks like there’s no glass in the torch.
They arrived with plastic film on both sides, easy to peel off and it allows you to fit the glass without touching it so there’s no fingerprints on the glass.

Know any discount code ?

Fancy Flashlights /CNQG has coated lenses.

Hmm I’m not sure if it fits the L2P. Does it ?

This forum thread said to get the one from KD.

Anyway I ordered it already. Only 3 bucks. The triple nichia won’t be that bright anyway (compared to xml2s and stuff) so the extra 5-10% light should be nice.

This is newer thread for KD’s ar coated lens, this is thread for CNQG’s

The Fancy Flashlight/CNQG AR Lenses fit as well. I have both but I’ve lost track of what is in which light so there can’t be much difference. :slight_smile: