Flashlight Brand Name fight

I am a flashlight manufacturer in China. I would like to know what local people expect from flashlight brands. Because I want to sell some of my products, I want to make a small brand to listen to people’s opinions. Starting our story with a brand name, I will pick a brand name to send out one of the flashlights I have made for free.

Thanks for all the thoughts and have a great day!

4 Thanks

Thanks for stopping by, Winjoy!

Thanks

Wut?

Welcome to the community! We already have a few “community favorite” manufacturers who work closely with us and listen to our recommendations - if your products are good and you implement feedback, I can see your company becoming popular quickly :slight_smile:

Just be warned that following the wishes of enthusiasts will gain you favor among them, but the mass market has different interests and priorities than us.

So you want us to help with finding a good name, and in return the person who delivers the name you will choose gets a free flashlight?

What kind of lights are you making? Headlights, weapon/tactical lights, normal flashlights? More small lights or more big lights? More premium/expensive or affordable/budget?

I think that information will make it easier coming up with good names.

2 Thanks

Ok, what about these names:

Luminite
LumoLite
RadiantRayz
ShineOn
TorchTech
LuminaLux
FlashFusion
IllumiTech
TorchCraft
BeamBlaze
ShineBright
FlashGlow

4 Thanks

Could you show some products or mockups or designs or perhaps describe a thing or two about your vision or emphasis, so that people could get inspired suggesting a name for you?

1 Thank

I want to give this product away and my brand wants to start with price and performance. I know I have a lot of shortcomings, but I would love to hear from everyone.

Thanks!!!

2 Thanks

Performance should be above 1000 lumens in my opinion. Price around $45

This is what I want to do, but this penlight is 2AA driven and only has 350 lumens

1 Thank

I want to learn from everyone and make more good flashlights, and I’ll listen to all suggestions!

1 Thank

350 lemons is fine for 2AA.

Good quality emitters like 519s are Highly Regarded.

Simple modes like low/high are fine. To me at least, even single mode (simple on/off) is fine, but I’m probably in the minority here.

Strobe means I probably won’t be buying it at any cost. Strobe in a small light is retarded.

TIR lenses in small lights give a nice smooth beam vs reflectors. Reflectors can have nasty artifacts in the beam (rings, corona, “fried egg” beam, etc.).

Cut out at voltages less than 2V to keep NiMH cells from being ruined (eg, 1.2V and 0.8V).

4 Thanks

I can understand why you want to start again with a new name after posting images like this on Amazon trying to sell an AAA light. That is just one example. Start by taking down fake images. Let us know when that is done.
When I see those removed I can take you seriously.

2 Thanks

First of all, you need a Western name for your brand. Think of some exotic name. It doesn’t have to mean anything.

Then making sure your flashlights are reliable and affordable – just look at Sofirn and Wurkkos as examples.

Good luck.

1 Thank

If its a penlight, it should be a practical tool of illumination. it should be small ad portable but also have simple UI. i suggest about 3 modes. low, medium and high. make the low quite weak so its possible to extend the runtime if desired. No strobe/blikies unless activated by a specific button sequence, eg. 3 clicks. Instant access to low/turbo is a desirable feature. Another suggestion I have is a dual fuel driver which allows you to use AAs for availability or rechargable 14500 batteries for added power.

EDIT: No zoomie. instead, use a reflector or TIR optic

1 Thank

First of all thank you very much for your input, this product is not a branded product by Amazon right now, it is made by me personally in China, KUNHE is just because of my name, it is a 300 lumens 2AA pen light, it will be re-branded with a logo on Amazon after I take the brand name, the price will not be more than $15.

Thank you very much.

1 Thank

Thank you very much.

I will 100% start with reliable and affordable!

I am clearly referencing the products that you already have on Amazon. Edit. It sounds to me like you’re not going to take any responsibility for what is currently on Amazon.

2 Thanks

The name is also fine if you keep KUNHE…sounds good! But I think you have to build up your reputation first… start by removing those fake images

3 Thanks

Yes the imsges dont do the brand any favors. This is not what a 2xaa flashlight beam will look like.