Flashlight Comparison Request Thread

Let me know if you want to get rid of D4v1

I’m, still checking if I can get a new driver/switch for it, but if not, I’ll contact you. :+1:

Would you be interested in the host only?

Yes, only host. But complete light would be great too.

Hank sells new (white) drivers for $12. Rings, rubbers and buttons $1/pc.

Oh, thanks for the information on that, gotta check it :wink:

I was asking because the switch is gone (puft, really), the driver is now on the Acebeam H20, and I will reuse the leds because those XP-G2 are the rosy one.

But if I can, I will get things back together, specially if Hank sells those parts to me.

But I will keep you posted depending on that :+1:

Hank doesn’t have an aux board for v1 which has 21mm mcpcb.
If you are interested, you can use my project. Already tested, everything works.

And here are the leds I used (cathode) - link

Thanks for the links and for your work!
Even if I get the new driver, i am not sure if I will venture myself on this, as normally I tend to screw these small solderings quickly :smiley:

But now I know I have an option on that, thanks to you :+1:

I ordered a driver from Hank for my D4v1, so I guess I will try to make it whole again! In case anything fails, or in case I figure out I want to sell it, I will let you know , Chatika vas Paus :+1:

Nice comparisons there, Chatika vas Paus. I didn’t realize that the EDC18 w/18350 tube would be so close to the FW3A.

I had an FW3A with 18350… but somehow lost it. It’s so small! And with no clip, I’d installed a lanyard ring and put a mini carabiner-like clip on it. Still haven’t exhausted all places (I’m a bit of a clutter bug)… but yeah, when I convert my other FW3A to 18350, I’m going to be sure it uses a clip onto a belt-loop.

Just wanted to give an update. I received the driver from Hank last week. I thought it would be a Ramping IOS driver but instead it has Anduril installed (like the FW1A). It came with wires for a board with AUX leds, but I opted to remove them as I don’t have such board :weary:

I tried to swap in Luxeon V2 4000K leds in a led4power board but I had soldering issues and a burnt led (later on, after trying to put them into a Noctigon MCPCB, due to bad solder/dirty) so I kept the original rosy XP-G2 leds :wink:

I added some orangish GITD tape around the MCPCB/optic and I’m happy with it. Maybe later on I can try a board with aux leds :wink:
My D4 is back in business :sunglasses:

So, this time I would be glad to see, side by side, a Fenix E12 V2.0 and a Lumintop FWAA.

Does anyone have both to show them here? :innocent:

Ah the Fenix E12.

I have a 1.0 that I tried to mod without success. Apparently Fenix used an entire tube of red threadlocker to hold in the pill. I couldn’t remove it no matter what I tried. I ended up completely destroying the driver in my attempts with no success.

One of these days I’ll take a hacksaw to the head and see if I can salvage the optic.

Uh, it was thar glued ? :o They were afraid of something , IMO :wink:
The E12 V1 seems/seemed a good flashlight and host, sturdy and compact and reliable at the same time.

The E12 V2.0 is smaller, much smaller, only a tad taller than the FWAA. However, from the photos I’ve seen I cannot tell a) how much large rit is and b) if it takes 15mm or 17mm driver :zipper_mouth_face:

That is my main reason for the comparison request! I really like how compact it is :blush:

EDIT: Found a reddit thread comparing them side by side with other lights:
https://www.reddit.com/r/flashlight/comments/n8s75w/updated_misc_1xaa_aaa_light_size_comparison_the/

Tactical_grizzly added some photos/scalling there:
https://imgur.com/a/xg0fpyK