flashlight fetish

I have real problem when it comes to knives, guitars and flashlights. I have way more of all these than I can possibly use. I am constantly acquiring new flashlights and my wife is fed up, lol. I have one in every bag that i have, every car, nightstand, in my pocket, camper, garage, gym. You name it and I have a flashlight there. I have tons of knives too, some that are too nice to carry. I don’t know why I even bought them. Anyone else have this disease?

Good luck with your illness. I know of no one else here that is afflicted with this disease.

^
LOL.

Yup, you’re in good company here fireman9170. Welcome to the forum Budget Light, you can check in any time you like, but . . . :wink:

Consider this: Do a “shoot out” comparison of your collection, then sell off the lower 50%. Use that money to buy something REALLY special. That should be the “cap” on the collecting… because what more could you want? This is especially true of knives and guitars.

The problem with flashlights is that the technology keeps improving. This was particularly hard over the last 10 years. It’s hard to stomach your cherished and expensive Surefire light being totally out performed in brightness, efficiency, and function by an OLIGHT (a brand I saw as just another “affordable flashlight brand”, until more recent years where they’ve stepped up the game to serious levels). It’s hard to resist getting a better light for cheaper!

The good thing though, is that the progress curve is starting to slow down. There are so many quality made “task lights” out now, at very affordable prices. Those just won’t go obsolete. Throwers are still having at it, but it’s coming down more to longer runtimes on high before overheating. Just how long do you really need a light on full blast? Plus, quality batteries are so affordable now, with reliable chargers easily had… and even lights with built-in charging.

In the end, you can reason it all to death… but what’s hard to resist is “something new.” Developing resistance to that takes lots of practice!
:wink:

I did a count on my collection. I have 120+ flashlights, but I’m fine. I have about another 20 on my wishlist. But I’m fine.

Really, I’m fine!

I think.

Oh boy. :confused:

Should have known that one of these days, a flashlight fetishist (FF) would appear.
Rule 41

Calling Sb! Give them their own FF subforum, please? Pretty please. Before the rule 34 pictures appear!

Sorry, couldn’t resist!

Maybe you should get interested in womens shoes next

hahahahaha

Good advice on the selling of the 50% least nice things and get something really special.
This I will take as something to do!

Hahahahahahha!

I too have the fetish, but mine is because I want the brightest possible combo. All of my lights have the most current emitter and FET drivers with the guppy v2 firmware in them (except for the special GB lights like the X6). What sucks is when a new emitter comes out and i feel the urge to suddenly upgrade ALL of them to the newest emitter. Or when I want to buy a flashlight, but there isnt a host option available, so i end up gutting the light to put in a noctigon and a fet driver… and i never end up using the old parts for anything.

If its not a FET and on a Noctigon, it will soon.

It’s not an illness it’s a hobby. Who doesn’t like flashlights? They are a handy everyday tool. My wife comments on how much I spend on flashlight parts but she has at least two in her purse, one in her car, one on the nightstand, another in the kitchen…………
Just remind her how this is like any other hobby. You could easily blow 10k on a mountain bike, truck mods, tattoos, guns or whatever.
Or you can tell her it keeps you out of the bars drinking and chasing women.
But my 150 a month flashlight budget is a cheap hobby that benefits everyone.

Exactly this. Everybody’s got a hobby of some sort. You ever priced a round of golf at a nice club? Geez… Or how about good fishing gear? Fishing fanatics spend fortunes on their hobby. Or like Solar said, lots of folks just go to the bar on a Friday night and drink up the price of a good flashlight. Whatever works for each person, as long as folks aren’t spending the grocery money then I hope they’re having fun, whether drinking, golfing, fishing or playing with flashlights.

You need to go look at this link if you want to know who has a flashlight addiction on here. (the ones who have spoken up at least)

Im not so bad after looking at some of these folks

Are you actually a firefighter? Me too!

I am a professional firefighter yes

Kinda interesting you posted the exact same thread over on CPF? Perhaps, you really do have a fetish! :disguised_face:

They have that weird thing where you have to post 3 posts before you can post or something. So I posted it there also, yes its true. It is a true statement though, i did not put false information in either site.

Instead of that Im going to give something away. I like to pay it forward. I have a youtube channel that I just started and I will give away a light soon over there. Here is the link for anyone thats interested.

There is no cure. :smiling_imp:

thats what i was afraid of!!!