flashlight fetish

Maybe you should get interested in womens shoes next

hahahahaha

Good advice on the selling of the 50% least nice things and get something really special.
This I will take as something to do!

Hahahahahahha!

I too have the fetish, but mine is because I want the brightest possible combo. All of my lights have the most current emitter and FET drivers with the guppy v2 firmware in them (except for the special GB lights like the X6). What sucks is when a new emitter comes out and i feel the urge to suddenly upgrade ALL of them to the newest emitter. Or when I want to buy a flashlight, but there isnt a host option available, so i end up gutting the light to put in a noctigon and a fet driver… and i never end up using the old parts for anything.

If its not a FET and on a Noctigon, it will soon.

It’s not an illness it’s a hobby. Who doesn’t like flashlights? They are a handy everyday tool. My wife comments on how much I spend on flashlight parts but she has at least two in her purse, one in her car, one on the nightstand, another in the kitchen…………
Just remind her how this is like any other hobby. You could easily blow 10k on a mountain bike, truck mods, tattoos, guns or whatever.
Or you can tell her it keeps you out of the bars drinking and chasing women.
But my 150 a month flashlight budget is a cheap hobby that benefits everyone.

Exactly this. Everybody’s got a hobby of some sort. You ever priced a round of golf at a nice club? Geez… Or how about good fishing gear? Fishing fanatics spend fortunes on their hobby. Or like Solar said, lots of folks just go to the bar on a Friday night and drink up the price of a good flashlight. Whatever works for each person, as long as folks aren’t spending the grocery money then I hope they’re having fun, whether drinking, golfing, fishing or playing with flashlights.

You need to go look at this link if you want to know who has a flashlight addiction on here. (the ones who have spoken up at least)

Im not so bad after looking at some of these folks

Are you actually a firefighter? Me too!

I am a professional firefighter yes

Kinda interesting you posted the exact same thread over on CPF? Perhaps, you really do have a fetish! :disguised_face:

They have that weird thing where you have to post 3 posts before you can post or something. So I posted it there also, yes its true. It is a true statement though, i did not put false information in either site.

Instead of that Im going to give something away. I like to pay it forward. I have a youtube channel that I just started and I will give away a light soon over there. Here is the link for anyone thats interested.

There is no cure. :smiling_imp:

thats what i was afraid of!!!

Oh yeah fireman9170, substitute hunting & fishing equipment where you have guitars…… and we might be twins… :person_facepalming:

It is a disease………. :wink:

I remember over 10 years ago, before my brother died of cancer; he was over at my house one day and asked me about all the knives I had in the safe. He asked what I did with them, of course I answered …“most of them stay in the safe, I ‘collect’ them”. He kinda smiled and said…… why don’t you get them all out, take pictures of them and lock the pictures in the safe. Then sell them and “collect” a pile of money.

Ya’ know, he had a good point…… it is just a matter of implementing the idea. That is where the problem lies… with me anyway.

What is it about the sharp, shiny, bright things that grabs our attention………. :question:

On the bright side, I guess it could be worse. At least we have something to show for our money and didn’t smoke it, drink it, or snort it up our nose left with nothing to show for it. :+1: Or at least I didn’t……… :wink:

So even though we seem to be out of control…. I guess there is a bright side…… maybe :slight_smile:

[edit for spelling correction.]

:laughing: Kind of person I could easily get along with.

Yep, thank you. :+1: He was a good guy. :wink:

Ive decided to just give away some of my knives from my youtube channel for subscribers. Probably not worth much, but free is always good. If folks are interested in that, I’m not sure. Check it out below

Hello I am here for the FA (flashlight anonymous) meeting! :stuck_out_tongue:

Do you guys also have double and triples and backups and more or the same light… or guitar or knife or… just in case you lose it/give it away/brake it/need it in several places/whatever… but more likely because it feel good to own several?

That’s when i started to realize i had drifted deeper into the addiction! :person_facepalming: :smiley: