Flashlight Firmware Repository

You need a build from @gchart.

Thanks, after looking at @gchart 's posts I came across this, but itā€™s still unclear where the source is for this light.

It should be in this branch:

https://code.launchpad.net/~gabe/flashlight-firmware/anduril2

Unpinned !

Looks to be it, thank you!

Iā€™m trying to get ā€œdynamicā€ mode group changes running with bistro.

Meaning that it changes between mode_group 1 and 2 with a triple tap

For that I removed the whole bit after

if (fast_presses > 0x0f)

And added

if (fast_presses > 5) {  // Config mode
            _delay_s();       // wait for user to stop fast-pressing button
            fast_presses = 0; // exit this mode after one use
			mode_idx = 0;
			if (modegroup == 0) {
				modegroup = 1;
			}
			else {
				modegroup = 0;
			}
			save_state();
			restore_state();
			output = modes[mode_idx];
            actual_level = output;

But it doesnā€™t seem to switch the group on the fly.
It wont switch between mode_group 1 and 2

Has anyone done something similiar before?
I know that lucidrv for example does the Turbo-Shortcut so it must be possible

Hello, on an S2+ with 4 modes 0.1% -3% -30% -100%.

Doesnā€™t this type have a tiny type micro controller and I canā€™t change it to 12 modes?

Or does it have a hidden function to change the mode.

I would like to have strobe.

I would like to have something like this 0.1% -3% -30% -100% -Strobe or another mode that includes it.

Thank you.

Many Convoy drivers donā€™t use the ATtiny microcontroller anymore, but a different controller that cannot be updated.

1 Thank

Ok I thought so, it would be nice if they were all mode 12 but locked in 4 and choose each one the mode.

I didnā€™t know anything about this and it was the first one I saw I just noticed it was with the sst40.

I still donā€™t have it, but I know about electrical and programming if I open it I would see it right away but I guess if it warns that they are 4 modes it will have a cheap ic that just does that.

It is a theory, without opening it I do not know.

Even if it matches the pibes could be soldered an atiny I have several models of 8 pins in smd.

Thanks for the heads up nor will I open it will be as you say.

Hi all, Itā€™s been eternity plus 5 months since Iā€™ve flashed any drivers and now I cant remember. Iā€™m working on something very basic. I have the old STAR firmware loaded into Atmel Studio 7.0.

1. EDIT: Nevermind the first part, I figured that out.

2. Also I cant remember. When I flash a 7135 driver can I just flash it with OFF time memory code, or does it require different hardware on the driver?

Offtime memory requires an OTC (capacitor) on pin 2. The ā€œnoinitā€ version, star noinit, uses a different method and does not require the OTC. Iā€™d suggest trying the noinit version.

If youā€™re actually using the AVRISP mkII to flash, (or ATMEL ICE) you can flash without AVR-tools / AVRDude, flashing directly from Atmel Studio, but be aware that these devices do not supply Vcc to the target MCU like the USBASP programmer does. You need to supply 2.8V-5V to the board with a liion or other source in order to flash it.

1 Thank

Are there any ā€œdouble clickā€ examples for clicky firmware?
I only know 3 clicky firmwares with this functionality and the source code isnā€™t available for any of them.

1 Thank

Which one do you mean exactly? There are multiple examples which have an action associated with double click / tap.

Lucidrv(2)/Guppy3drv/the L4P LD-A4/B4

Iā€™m planning to build a bunch of TA 17mm FET+6+1.
I basically just want to add double tap Turbo to tripledown or add 3channel support and double tap turbo to Biscotti

1 Thank

Crescendo has double tap, triple tap and quad tap options too and its firmware is avaible

3 Thanks

Sweet! Iā€™ll check it out!
Thanks Luna!

1 Thank

This is an incredible initiative! As a flashlight enthusiast, Iā€™ve always found it challenging to source reliable firmware. Having them centralized in one repository is a game-changer. Iā€™ve bookmarked your links and will definitely contribute if I come across any firmwares worth sharing. The README is also pretty comprehensive, especially for newcomers. Kudos for putting this together! :flashlight::ok_hand:

Hey all,

I am going to use Toykeepers STAR one mode firmware on a 7135 type driver that has the zener diode on it for a 6v setup. I cant remember how this effects the LVP values.

For example if I wanted a 5.5v target.