Flashlight for a truck driver

Hey BLF.
I need help to get a proper flashlight for a friend of mine who drives a truck 3weeks/month.
I have not searched for new flashlights for a while, I might have missed some interesting models (especially big ones).

Needed features:

- build-in charger (mini/micro/type c or direct cable from car outlet)

- build-in blinking light

- reasonable battery capacity. At least 5000mah. Build-in or replaceable.

- robust (should not break after fall from 3m/10ft height)

- simple UI. No hidden 15 click menus, no step-downs after the mid-duration press, etc.

- switch should be manageable in winter gloves

• mid (~50m/165ft) and close-range throw (not super tight beam)

Ready to spent up to $50 (including cells). I know its tight but we are still BLF :beer:

If you are an aff linker - please feel free to PM me with your offers.

Wurkkos WK30? Non affiliated LINK

I dont think this:
_How to use WK30 flashlight?

1. In the state of power off
  2. Single Click: enter white light memory level, click to cycle through Eco-Low-Med-High lighting modes, press about 1-2seconds to turn off.
  3. Double click: turning into red light mode, click to cycle Low-Med-High lighting modes,press about 1-2 seconds to turn off.
  4. Triple click: turning into UV light mode, click to cycle Low-Med modes,long press to turn off; double click to enter white light memory mode.
  5. Quadra click: lock out all function, click four times able release lock mode.
  6. Long press:enter white light Eco mode, click to cycle Eco-Low-Med-High lighting modes_
    can be described as “simple UI”

Sofirn SP 33 V3. Straight forward UI. XHP 50.2. USB C charging.

Excellent choice!

Its tough to find something rated for 3m impact resistance unless you up the budget or go with a potted light.

I would recommend the sofirn SP36 BLF, but it runs Anduril, which can be simple, but also has a lot of advanced features. Also, It’s 100% metal, so IDK about the drop resistance. Its on sale rn for 44 bucks on the sofirn website, but you have to buy it in the next couple days, or its 70 bucks from amazon.

Some suggestions:

Convoy M3-C - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001734784547.html

Jaxman X2 (no charging port, though) - ttps://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001063508644.html

On The Road X5 - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32849349339.html

WOWTAC A5
Simple to use
Has A blinking light option
Good 3650 max lumen output
Runs on one 5000mah 26650 cell (Included)
Cree XHP70.2 LED with orange peel reflector
Wide flood with decent throw for size.
Easy charging with micro USB input

…edited due to overpriced suggestion, sorry.

What kind of “blinking light”? Strobe? SOS? Beacon?

Along with a handheld, definitely a headlamp (ie. SP40).

Yes! Absolutely!

Last year went on a jeep tour with friends, took my Wuben T70 (which was handy because the lightbar of the leading jeep failed and the T70 functioned as such :smiley: ) but didn’t take an headlamp.

We had complications descending a hill ramp, jeep got stuck and we needed to work on it. That was when my friends - more experienced on that - picked up their headlamp to release the hands.

So, definitely, flashlight + headlamp!

just be clear up things for me….
is that $50 including batteries, shipping, taxes, etc.?

Im guessing 50 bucks including batteries, but not shipping or taxes. IDK though

To dependably survive 3m falls, you might need something that’s encased in rubber!

Yeh, like my ancient Taskforce lights. 2×AA but is thicker that it looks more like a 2×C light instead.

Internal plastic rails center the AAs, plus it’s got a thick rubber coating around it, even the head.

Thanks all, have not expected so many suggestions.

Actually, meeting these criteria is not as hard as it seems from the first look.
It all depends on the weight, proportions, and thickness to size ratio of the weakest part (glass lens?). For example, I still use a 6yo smartphone with a 4.7” screen and a little over 100gr weight. It lasts hundreds of falls from 1.2m (4ft) height to various floors and grounds and still has an original screen without damages. There are no ways to get the same effect with a 6”+ phone that weighs twice as much.
I think many keychain lights can be dropped from the airplane and turn on after.
Can-style flashlights with heavy movable internals (batteries) and big thin glass lens might have much more damages from drops, than more slim, lightweight flashlight.
In reality of Russia, 99% of drops will end on dirt road, snow or gravel filled road. Concrete or asphalt will get last 1%.

No-no, excuse me for the non-straight definition. I mean a lightened switch or extra LEDs that will light or blink (better) in standby mode.

This conversation deserves a spare thread.

Better yes than no. Shipping from Asia is usually included in the price. We still can import goods for personal use without taxes if a single package costs under 200EUR.

So we have:
Sofirn SP 33 V3 144gr+99gr
sofirn SP36 BLF 300gr+135gr
Convoy M3-C 290gr+99gr
On The Road X5 176gr+99gr
WOWTAC A5 213gr

SP36 and M3-C both too heavy and have a larger glass lenses.

Sofirn SP 33 V3
On The Road X5
WOWTAC A5

Last one is not available outside NA.

Sofirn SP 33 V3
On The Road X5

SP 33 V3 has a suitable led/reflector combo, but a tiny switch with little stroke is not something you need in winter gloves.

X5 is a little too throwy (with XP-L)

Both do not provide a lightened switch (in standby mode).

Anything else? Please correct me if I’m wrong?

More than 4 years ago I got nitecore EC4 around $30. Since I swapped led to XHP-70, it is my first choice for carrying in winter jacket. Isnt 4 years enougth time for any chinese brand to add internal charger and make a similar from-factor light? I even dont care if there will be no (hard to machine) rear cap and single non-removable li-po cell.

To heavy? Sure, because those flashlights are balanced for high output and perfomance . Why not consider to use 18650? Especially then you use it near trucks power socket.

2 lights from 5 suggested are too heavy (comparable with the other 3). Made with the same materials, they will get significantly bigger damages after each drop.
Single 18650 light can be a little lighter, but:

- there are not so many models with internal charge

• they are a little too slim to hold