Flashlight for a truck driver

“they will get significantly bigger damages after each drop” - Are you sure? You don’t know that. And if it falls so often why not consider to use headlamp to free up your hands?

Everything except 5000mAH capacity, the old/original SC31 (square button-pad w/ 4 screws, not round w/ ring).

Robust, good runtime, charging, “breathing” blue-lit switch, good general-purpose beam, simple UI (no crazy features or need to have PhD to use it).

Looked recently to get one for gf, not easily available, though.

Low-stress light, can take 3400mAH panny-Bs.

Still perfect perfect perfect light for The Muggle.

I have a start-up idea for BG:

- start Simplelux brand

- sell same models as Astrolux but with simple (old Convoy style) UI

• profit :money_mouth_face:

If you could find Tacklife LFL3A, would be perfect. Built like a tank. Lit tailcap red/green to show charge, but not lit when off (easy to find, though). 2 tailcaps, inner and outer. Remove outer to expose charging port, never ever ever have to remove inner except to get to the 26650.

Throwy ugly XP-G3, but light diffusion film makes it a perfect mid-range beam, heavier diffusion best (for me) as up-close wide-flood light.

That simple UI and a lighted switch requirement is going to be hard with a stock light.

Actually, that is easy, on the Jaxman X2, but the issue is that the light doesn’t have built-in charger…

Sofirn SP 35 is looking good. I think the button can be used with gloves from the looks of it. No lighted switch again though.

Another possibility is The Amutorch X9. The switch is lit when on but not off. Powerful little sucker. The UI is a little funky but you can’t get lost in it. I think if you used it a lot it would become second nature. On can be long or short hold. Same for off. Short click puts you into stepped mode and long hold from off puts you into ramped mode. Off is the opposite to on. Sounds worse than it is.

Some time ago Ive started thread to find out 21700/26650 cells with build-in charger:

Sadly, for some reason, liitokala USB-50A is not available anymore.
If we could find a 26650 cell with a built-in charger that can fit Jaxman X2, this would be a perfect solution.

Astrolux® EC01? Astrolux® MF01 Mini ?

The few batteries I have with USB charging are slow. Some of the better flashlights charge at 2 amps.

Soshine has some with built-in charging , but I don’t know if they’re any good.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33042006534.html

BTW, check this light (and there are more, similar, in other stores):´
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33006354410.html

Also, I have a suggestion for the absence of a blinking button: use a tritium fob! Will help in locating the flashlight, and will not drain energy :wink:

It doesn’t matter how long it will take to charge.

I’ve got a reply from Jaxman AE store:

• X2 does not support cells longer than 65mm
    Putty, it looked almost perfect option.

Tritium is not as bright as extra led. I don’t think a tritium is an option for non-premium flashlights - there is no place for it. I could mill out a pocket and use UV glue to fix it in place, but I’ve never tried such a mod and this case is not my experiment.

JKK flashlights look okayish (have no ideas when manufacturers use multi-die LEDs in combination with clear reflector, not a big problem in the current case), but can not light side switch when off.

If lightened switch is so rare option, I am able to add it to the tail. Are there are any suitable models with two switches?

How about Anduril 2 . Put one of these into muggle mode and leave it. Not sure when they will be available. This would open up your choices to many different lights potentially. Or maybe a rear clicky only since winter gloves are involved. Convoy S11. You would have to ask if Long cell would fit.

i had my convoy s2+ fall from more than 10ft, several scratches, and chipped edges, but still worked like nothing happened,
i’d look into convoy lights, not expensive, simple, reliable, and pretty strong, s21 would be close to what op wanted

Ok.
I think I have overestimated community forces on manufactures.
I could expect that in 2020 some Chinese brand could be able to copy some features from 3-5 y.o. zebralights, nitecore, spark, fenix etc. Instead of this features (simple ui-similar for all models of one brand; side switch with reasonable feedback, breathing switch), but instead we have another Arduino which deserves many paper users manual.
So, I will need to make some more anyway?

- add lighted switch to S11
Or

• add 6mm to the Jaxman X2 tube
    Need to decide what will be the easy way lol.

I want flashlight with titties , why flashlights have no titties!? :smiley:
Why not Astrolux EC01? You can configure Anduril once and forever for your needs.

reminds me of an old movie, where an old lady bought a tv, the store delivered it, hooked up, and put on a soccer game, the lady looked at tv and said ” i do not like it, take it back, something wrong with colors, too much green.”

Just slap on a rather big Lee filter…

This light is not in the possibilities for this thread (more expensive, not lighted swith when OFF, UI is not bad though), but I guess that we would all like to see some of the above mentioned suggestions tested like this! Specially the end of the video :smiling_imp:

This flashlight is a beast! Add the 2 tubes with 2x 26650 cells and it will be a baton of light!
Wuben T70:

BTW, I guess this is the kind of tests you may want to ask Simon about the one I suggested above :wink: