Flashlight Host and Uncommon Budget Flashlights

Very nice the Jaxman X2! :+1:
Seems that the switch is not ā€œincludedā€ in the driver, what may give some modding potential :wink:

Ah thanks, I always makes photos links as well, donā€™t know why I didnā€™t try first!

Well, on the plus side it looks like the switch is on a separate board and the driver is held in place by a retaining ring. So a driver swap should be pretty straight forward.

Exceptā€¦ Thereā€™s no mention on whether this is using a 6V or 3V XHP50.2. But based on that really flat runtime graph, Iā€™m thinking 6V with a boost driver. So I think youā€™d either need a new boost driver or to swap the LED to a 3V.

That X2 UI -- tighten to turn ON, loosen to turn OFF? Wow, this is going back. Guess they have no faith in their parasitic drain. Probably this firmware was poorly written for a power switch on the tail.

I went to read again, and it is mentioned to be a 3V XHP50.2 :wink:

After two weeks, still I could not decide if i should get X2. I like the form factor a lot but it's UI diagram gave me headaches.

Ugh, I completely missed that chart header :person_facepalming: Honestly, from what I can see in the picture (not much), it looks too flat to be a buck driver (or a boost for that matter)ā€¦ youā€™d think youā€™d see a coil sticking up. Must just be good regulation.

Agreed. I really like the form factor. But this is crying for new firmware.

I missed it too for the first time, and I had to go back again, to check that and the UIā€¦ And, yes, it seems that a new UI/driver would be a good thing to do!
The host, however, seems great, and that makes the light attractive, at least for me!

If I didn't have a full bench of mod lights, I'd go for this one with a driver replacement or piggyback. For $25 it would be a no-brainer, but $35 and Ali shipping now, ugh... I'm getting to 6 weeks on 2 Ali orders, month since last updates

Working on my HK04, Nitenumen TK-35, probably have bout 10 other mod lights opened up, plus projects...

Wish he would sell hosts :innocent:

Iā€™m a Jaxman fan butā€¦ Twist on/offā€¦
Yeah. Can I buy this one without the driver?

I have it,are you interest?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001137711085.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.7d732c78I391C0&algo_pvid=a0bcbf2b-db82-4fa0-904d-15a750fd6b7d&algo_expid=a0bcbf2b-db82-4fa0-904d-15a750fd6b7d-26&btsid=0ab6f82415920851906452383e3e8a&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602*,searchweb201603*

These Jade lights usb are inexpensive.
Curious see photos how is inside,maybe cheap UV led

https://www.1thedeals.com/2020/05/palight-ts-2300lm-16340-cr123-edc-titanium-flashlight-limited-edition/

Not really but it would be nice if you shared your impressions. :slight_smile:

ā€œThis content is restricted to site members.ā€

Okay, letā€™s registerā€¦

ā€œPlease be patient with us. We are almost done with our test.ā€

Welp.

I think the flashlight is this one:

Oops, i always forget to change the setting.

Still getting the ā€œBe patientā€¦ā€

Is that the same PALIGHT as this old discontinued thrower