Flashlight Host and Uncommon Budget Flashlights

Hey da, that BOSS1 is a classic, still is! Ok, it's a BIG classic, quad 26650's. I do still really like mine though.

2300 lumens out of a 16340? I don't think so, unless the 2 clicks means 2 secs... I think it has the simple UI people have been asking for in other threads:

• 1 click: 1000 lumens (probably 200)
  • 2 clicks: 2300 lumens (probably 500)
  • 2 more clicks: strobe

drop the strobe and it's simple enough.

It's a nice look'n light though, but chunky for sure.

I posted it here: Flashlight Host and Uncommon Budget Flashlights - #657 by MascaratumB

Do you have a link?

I searched Palight TS and it appeared in the images section.
The first result is freemeā€™s website, but it only has the image he posted.

I was looking for one at some point. Seemed cool but impossible to find. These days, everyone would probably see the size and start talking about SBT90.2

Ye, have also others stainless lights,one is P60 host from KD

Yes, have also others stainless lights,and P60 host from KD

Not sure if this has been show here before:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001031802948.html

At first I though that might make a good host. Swap in a FET driver and a real 70.2, maybe 3 high drain cells and youā€™d have an awesome thrower. Especially at the $29 price. Then I see itā€™s all plastic. :weary: So no real ability to handle heat.

But itā€™s ā€œengineeringā€ plastic!

Just look at these deep cooling fins. They didnā€™t make them for no reason :smiley:

I think the Picatinny rail is so you can mount a real flashlight?

COB

lol
I see variants of that all over the place on YouTube!
People kitbash those cheap COBs all the time, impressive for the uninitiated and uneducated :wink:

But those PCBs and Battery holders remind me of a guy that manufactures those with BMSā€™s for powerwalls.

I found a cheap stepless dimming driver with built-in USB C for charging. I donā€™t know what it could be used for.
Some information from the product page:

Diameter: 28.5mm
PCB Thickness: FR4 1.6mm
Input Charging: Type C USB 5V 2A

For T6 U2 L2 XPL V3 LED: Output current: 2A-3A, Output voltage 3.7V
For XHP50 LED: Output current: 3A-5A, Output voltage 3V

Mode: 100% - Off
Long press switch turn to stepless dimming mode: In the current state, the brightness first decreases and then rises. When it reaches lowest or highest, it will flash twice and wait for 1 second to continue to increase or decrease.

Charging: battery power 5ā€“95 red light on, fully charged green light on
Discharging: battery power 100ā€“50 green light on
battery power under 50% red light on

Link in the pic.

Seems like someone used it in pggy back style :wink:

(the photos is from the product reviews!)

It's a fairly common look of a driver - USB-C on one side, rt. angle board mount switch on the other, with a SMD dual color LED. The size of 28.5 mm is a little odd, being on the large side. So with the size and host dependent switch and USB-C, it's practicality is extremely limited for most modding, specially with limited machining resources/talents.

I'd think this driver was a mistake, or a production batch for a new light that didn't happen.

This is a flashlight/host thread, not a driver thread, but dunno where else you could post this - still an interesting find.

It seems like itā€™s only option, but weā€™ve got better stuff anyway.

Maybe there is a flashlight out there that it fits.

And yes, I know not this thread, but we have no other for interesting/unusual flashlight parts. This was best option : )

Anyone care to link some info to this?
Canā€™t find on Google Images nor on YouTube.

I like the style and the battery boards.
Interesting to see what kind output as a work light.

There have been many huge headlamps already, but I havenā€™t seen the uv panel yet.
And no, those big holes arenā€™t the holes to look through.

Link in the pic.