Flashlight madness

So, my wife thinks I’m crazy.

I started my flashlight Journey around 2018, looking for a better work light than the light my employer provided.

Eventually settled for a Sofirn SP35 and IF25A through the help of r/flashlight.

Down the rabbit hole I went…

Fast forward to 2023, and I’m mainly modding lights for friends or myself.
I’m from Central Europe, and afaik there aren’t a lot of modders around (compared to US).

Oh, and I like colored emitters the most, especially in throwers!

When I’m not busy shining or gutting lights, I try my best to pass on information over at the flashlight reddit. Reaching out to newcomers, just as I was a couple of years ago.

Right now, I’m working on a custom project, a boost driven mule:

I visited BLF before but now I’m here to interact too.
Just wanted to say HI!

6 Thanks

Welcome! I followed a similar journey internet-wise, first BLF then Reddit until they effed it up, and now back in BLF for good!
I’m no hardware modder, at least yet (I do a bit of firmware modding, tho) and I also try to help novices and otherwise as much as possible, to pay forward a little bit of everything this wonderful community has gifted me.

1 Thank

That is the next thing on my list, dabbling in firmware. But that is an entire new skillset I’ll have to learn, so I am holding it off for as long as possible.

Nice to meet you!

1 Thank

Let me begin by saying, yes you are crazy and you do have issues. You came to the right place to come talk abou them. Many of us are in different stages of flashaholicism. Some of us are still in denial. Some have kicked the habit altogether then within a day or two they had a relapse. Truly sad.

Anyway, welcome and we can talk this through together and possibly get over it.

1 Thank

Make yourself at home, Haedesz!

2 Thanks

Welcome to BLF Haedesz, I hope you enjoy it here.

I originally also was on reddit but BLF ended up lining up more with my interests, and the forum format lends itself better to in-depth discussion.

I’m also from a region without many flashlight enthusiasts or modders, over in South America, but in my case I mostly mod lights for myself, haven’t found any other flashlight enthusiasts nearby.

3 Thanks