Flashlight that takes CR123/AA/AAA

Just to burn ’em off. Or in case of emergency (if that’s all you got, it’s better’n nothing).

I wanted a sleeve to fit AAAs to let it fit an AA-sized tube, just to burn off AAAs that I… might as well.

Eg, if they’re too finicky for the remote, I could at least get moonlight from one in my bobofett light.

Thank you for catching that. I was being lazy, cutting & pasting battery sizes. Fixing it now.

I assume the idea is a just in case feature for an emergency.

In an emergency you are likely better off with a AA/14500 light with USB port for charging NiMh or LiPo and have a solar charger

Also Lithium primaries do not leak or fail, you can store em 10 years in a light and got still most of the capacity

Dang, thought there would be a new version of the Gerber omnivore.

https://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_009967770927.html
Utorch SF01 Portable LED Flashlight - BLACK

From the description, it sounds like they've implemented Streamlight's 10-tap programming. Is the driver just a clone of Streamlight's?

That is what I have heard, that it is from Streamlight, but IDK if the driver is a clone.

I have one of these lights, it is good for what it cost $5 on sale.

Strange thing, the instructions say NOTHING about 10 taps ,they don;t even say you can program it.
I don;t know what that means, maybe Streamlight sold them a bunch of parts and they didn;t bother to change the manual.

The 10-tap programming does work, but it doesn’t really offer much.

right - at least you can cut out the strobe mode - make it a 2 speed
or even a 1 speed

wle

ZL SC80 but good luck finding one.

Ive been looking for that elusive one.

I had one. Ended up selling it to a friend, that lost it in a week. Still bothers me.

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/17534

hugsby p2

Dang. Those are hard to come by.

Yeah yeah zombie thread and all. I’ve never seen a NIMH light with build in charging- any suggestions?

See “Klarus RS1A”

Pretty nice looking light, too bad its another one ruined by mode memory (based on the reviews I found).

I’ve got a U Torch SF-01 here.
Bought for granddaughter (1 of them)
It takes the 123/AA/AAA.
AA fits fine. just stand he AAA up hold of internal side with fingertip and put tail on.
Quite a nice little light for short walkabout. But there are better.

It’s basically the novelty of varying battery’s.

OH. I went on net. The programming is 9. NOT 10 taps. It says.
I’ve never played with it.
Kids toy/torch only.

Jet beam WL-S1 will take AA,14500,16340.

No separate adapter needed as it is all built in. Still available at fast tech.
Discontinued model.
I do have this model and the disadvantage is it is larger than any AA light I have and not something I would pocket carry.

For historical reference, Gerber's last flashlight production line was shut down in the fall of 2018. I live a few miles from the Gerber plant in Tigard, Oregon, and know one of their QA employees. After Gerber stopped making flashlights, they then partnered with Maglite, which they now pair with their other products. The QA employee got me one of their Cortex lights from employee sales a couple of years ago, it's nothing to write home about.