Flashlight Under 50

Thanks I’ll check it.

Size doesn’t matter :wink:

Mostly to throw light downrange.

What kind of features are available in this price range?

It depends on the battery life. If it’s only a few hours I’d get some rechargables. Otherwise I’ll stick with alkaline.

Lithium Ion’s have a MUCH higher energy density than alkalines, so you can have a much brighter light in a much smaller package (and not have to buy new batteries all the time). I will say though, very few lights will have longer battery life than a 4D Mag LED. So if run time is a huge deal for you….

Here is one suggestion from Mtnelectronics.com This light can run on 1 battery or two, so if you have more money later you could get an extra battery and have even longer runtimes.

Note the Supfure L3 won't take 2 protected cells.

Ahh thanks for pointing that out

Whats a protected cell? One that can’t over charge?

A peotected cell has a protection circuit hidden under the battery wrapper that stops overcharging, over discharging, and short circuits. It’s recommended for newbies (as liions can be dangerous if mistreated) but it does add size to the battery and won’t fit in everything.

If I had just one flashlight (heavens forbid!) the Convoy C8 would be the one I’d choose. It’s a thrower (distance) with good spill (surrounding light around the the beam). Over a dozen types to choose from which vary in light color, intensity, and how well the beam is concentrated (smooth or OP reflector). Hard to beat as a general-purpose do-it-all flashlight.

As a newbie I saw where many here had mentioned that everybody needed a C8, so based on that alone I bought one and now I understand why they all said that. Light, cells, and charger all for under $50 or you can get better cells and charger which will run you more based on your choices. If you go with any Li-on light, use only cells and chargers recommended on this site; cheap cells and chargers can be dangerous.

Warning: Once you’ve gone to Li-on LED lights you’ll never go back to anything else and if you’re like us, that one will lead to many more :slight_smile: This is an addicting hobby!

Phil

If I had to choose just 1, I’d pick the BLF A6. It’s easily the best light I have for the size. Throws decently, bright as heck, and at $25 quite affordable. And more pocketable than a C8 for me.

But the C8 will throw more light downrange, for sure.

What is I bumped the budget to 75? Open up more choices

Love my BLF A6 too, but I believe the GB is closed and it’s no longer available- if I’m wrong somebody speak up so I can get another one!

Phil

You could go for the Maxtoch GB right here GB Interest ///OFFICIALLY CLOSED 11/8 @ 9pm CST/Maxtoch M24 Sniper with XP-L HI /// 250K lux @ 4.3 Amps!!!

It’s still available and the discount codes for the anodized and bare version are still working, BUT they are back-ordered and expected to arrive on 26 October.
At first, it was back-ordered to 20 October, so who knows if Manker will delay the shipment date again to BG?

The BLF A6 is great, but not exactly what I’d recommend for the OP’s needs

A $75 thrower?
Olight M2X-UT Javelot can be had for less during sale or with discount code from China’s online delaers like Banggood, Gearbest, etc

Get a Small Sun ZY-T08 a decent charger and some really good cells. I don’t know anyone who has ever regretted buying one.

http://www.tmart.com/Small-Sun-ZY-T08-Cree-XM-L-T6-635lm-5-Mode-White-Light-Flashlight-Torch-Black-2-x-18650_p193788.html

If you want something with even more throw and more battery life then go for the Courui D01.

http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_85126.html?gclid=Cj0KEQjw44exBRCu8vfS_bPEtNoBEiQACrt0075V1HDyoxZy8gfaBfNhZc6Bhd-10xg0alyC6_Da45kaApt58P8HAQ

These two lights are in a class of their own, when it comes to budget (throw) lights. They are both very good stock lights and both are very easy to modify to make them even better.

Everyone seems to really like this light. I’m intrigued by the 1” tube for a rifle.

What batteries would work well with it?

30Q does great! Well that’s a compromise for both high drain and capacity :slight_smile:

I mistakenly put I had A 4d maglite…its really 3.