Flashlight User Interface Cheatsheets

amazing!

Hello everyone, I need help.

I have a Thorfire Q8 narsil.
I accidentally changed the setting and now the flash is blocked. I’ve been trying for several days (01/01/2021) to program the flashlight but I still haven’t been able to.

I looked at many manuals and diagrams but I can’t understand.

It needs to be step by step like this:

1) with flashlight off
2) 3 clicks to put in battery mode
3) hold button for 8 seconds (until flashing) for configuration mode
4) ???
5) ???

I do not know what else to do….

Help me!

there are 46 days I can’t go beyond that point …

First, let me see if I understand you correctly (by the way, I suggest to create a new message thread for further questions) — by ‘flash is blocked’, my understanding is that it does not do Strobe modes after Turbo mode.

I’m assuming that your BLF Q8 is running NarsilM (v1.0 or v1.2), and not Anduril (because there are some variants of the Thorfire BLF Q8 that do).
To go to Strobe mode: go to Turbo mode first (eg. via double-click), then do another quick double-click. If Strobe does not happen, it means Strobe setting is disabled.

To enable Strobe mode:

1. From Off, hold the button down for about 8 seconds (in some later NarsilM version, this has increased to 16 seconds). Continue holding down the button, until you see a double-flash, followed by a single blink. You can release the button if you see this happen.

I suggest to observe first:
From OFF: hold button down until main LED does a double-flash, followed by a single-blink, then a short pause.
Then another double-flash, followed by 2 blinks.
then another double-flash, followed by 3 blinks.
then another double-flash, followed by 4 blinks.

Check if the above pattern happens, it should exit (no change in configuration) if no presses were done.

To enable Strobes mode, do the above again:
From Off, hold button down around 8 or 16 seconds until the double-flash + 1 blink. Wait until it does double-flash + 4 blinks, and quickly do a triple-click right after the 4-blinks. This will enable Strobe mode.

Test if it has been enabled: go to Turbo mode, then do a double-click (should become Strobe mode).

The method to go to the next Strobe mode varies slightly depending on the which NarsilM version.
On NarsilM v1.2 and v1.3: while the light is in Strobe mode, hold down the button (I think 1-2 seconds), will cycle to the next Strobe mode.
On NarsilM v1.0: (kindly refer to the manual or Youtube videos, it’s a bit more difficult to cycle Strobe with NarsilM v1.0), which is actually one of the main changes between v1.0 and v1.2
(I believe the change of v1.2 and v1.3 is that v1.3 made configuration mode a bit harder to access accidentally (hold button for 16 seconds instead of 8 seconds)

That,

It worked!

Thank you.

Very helpful information. I was able to figure out the UI (a beautiful customize copper light from pinkpanda Copper Build ) by using this cheatsheet.
Thank you!

Could we get Anduril 2 added to the original post? Diagrams have been out for a while and a quick google search yields good results, but it’d still be nice to have all of this in one place.

It’s unfortunate that CRX isn’t around that much anymore - over 4 months now. Hopefully CRX is ok.

This thread is priceless, thank you!

I printed this to PDF and saved it to my desktop
Thank You

1 Thank

^^^^^ Great idea, thanks!!! :+1:t3: