FM-transmitter?

Hi!

Again, I seek advice for a problem from off-topic…

Long story short:
At work, we have terrible coverage on FM -radio.
Mostly because surrounding steel etc.

I use Active Peltors (Alert) with radio to listen some tunes (as much as comes through…).

Is it possible to purchase or DIY a FM-transmitter, that could first be feeded with cell phone (internet radio does not have interference, local stations have internet feeds) and then broadcasted inside the “bunker”?
I´m looking for a range of maybe 100ft to 300ft tops.

I think those car transmitters might get a bit too weak.

are you allowed to use such devices in Finland? in Sweden i think you can’t have too powerful fm-transmitters without license.

but maybe you aren’t too concerned about that :wink:

I´m not too concerned but I think a basic cigarette-plug will be a tad too weak.

On the other hand, I have found gear like 0.5W -> 1W and up. They are probably WAY too strong for this use.

I would like to keep it pretty minimal…
I can use Peltor´s with AUX IN -wire but it causes too much hassle when working and moving around.

Bluetooth Peltors on the other hand cost something insane, like 400$?

I think the answer must be yes, but I think bluetooth is cheaper and maybe easier.

i’ve used an fm car transmitter in my car but they’re terribly weak.

here’s a cheap bluetooth model, that has a widely known modification that might make it strong enough for inside your faraday cage

http://slickdeals.net/f/5862512-Belkin-Bluetooth-Music-Receiver-for-iPhone-3G-3GS-iPhone-4-iPod-touch-2nd-Gen-F8Z492-P-18-99-ac-fs-newegg

https://www.google.com/search?q=Belkin+Bluetooth+Music+Receiver&aq=f&oq=Belkin+Bluetooth+Music+Receiver&aqs=chrome.0.57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#hl=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=Belkin+Bluetooth+Music+Receiver+modification&oq=Belkin+Bluetooth+Music+Receiver+modification&gs_l=serp.3..0.3985.5700.0.5978.13.5.0.8.8.0.98.417.5.5.0.les%3B..0.0…1c.1.5.psy-ab.uhQwA9lMuk0&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.43148975,d.dmQ&fp=7def6efaebf4b1c4&biw=1280&bih=859

Seems like a good option but I think the price for BT headphones is killing the deal.
At the moment, I don’t have them. I have tried one Wurth -branded but the “hearing” feature was horrible on them…

I’m pretty sure I cannot send with Belkin, receive with phone and then push it to headphones via 2.5mm jack.

If you’re handy with a soldering iron www.ramseyelectronics.com has kits. Their FM10C kit might be what you’re looking for. It is legal in the US, but I don’t know about your country. I have a much earlier version of this kit 20 years ago, and I was able to get almost 1/2 Km distance clear line of sight. It might be able to cover your building or at least part of it depending on shielding.

Nice!

Sounds pretty much what I’m looking for and I like soldering something every now and then!

Edit:
Now! I got the right fee for shipping and it seems pretty affordable 8)
(I used first the wrong option while doing calculation…)

Thanks again for the link!