Found my grail emitter!

Don’t like magenta but I do like pink tint. If I know for sure they will be cutting from the same reel, I would buy some.

NWoodsman, unfortunately the E7 bin is rather large, and you’ll need to specify a tint if you have one in mind. 7D2, for instance, is ~3000K and just below the BBL.

That’s from the Cree binning PDF, page 9.

Edit: don’t mind me, just realized this thread is very nearly a year old. But perhaps someone else will find this useful.

Those who like “pink” at and below 3000k may want to consider nichia e21a. While I really hate pink at higher CCTs, those warm nichias are fantastic

I picked up a couple UT20E7 from Mouser and I can confirm, they are very pink. I didn’t expect them to be this rosy and it surprised me. I don’t have a fancy Sekonic spectrum analyzer but I do have a color meter for photography and these measure approximately the same tint as my sw45k lights. I don’t really care for how purple the sw45k looks at 4500K, but at 3000K these XM-L2 look lovely.

A few years ago I bought some of these 3000k 90+ CRI XM-L2s. I put one in my Maelstrom X10 and one in my Sunwayman V10R Ti. I agree it’s just like halogen, a tad warmer than Xenon. Very neat.

Edit-just realized that’s the Sunwayman in my avatar before I modded it.

In my version sst20 is snowy white compared to xm-l2

Yes, its a nice emitter. But I don’t mind the yellow tint of the SST-20 so I prefer it because of the better CRI index.

Looks like you ended up with a different tint bin. Mine is quite pink.

Kaidomain likes to sell fake bin&tint leds