✌ FREEME - ASTROLUX EC01 SST40 XHP50B-3V Andúril 21700/ 18650 Flashlight >>> Deal is ALIVE!!!

A few thoughts on this light:

It is pretty bright and has a good spill. It does not throw much. An SMO reflector would be interesting in this light.
It gets hot FAST
I ordered the 6000-6500K version.
It appears to be around 5700K. It is not even close in tint to my 6500 FW3 and FF E01 and E07
It fits the same holsters are the E01/E07.
It gets hot FAST.
It is a nice light, but do not expect to use it at any kind of high brightness level for very long.
An Efest 18650 does rattle around, but works,
Samsung 30Q does not rattle.
21700 Samsung 30T does not rattle.
The UI is of course excellent.
However, it will not replace my E01, as that light has WAY more throw and can run on Turbo for 5 minutes + and not send me to the ER.

Conclusion:
It is worth the money, but to me it does not totally live up to the hype: Less output than a FW3, similar turbo run times.

Not sure if it’s mentioned or not… Does anyone know who might be the OEM manufacturer for the Astrolux EC01?

eg. many Astrolux flashlights are manufactured by Mateminco and have equivalent Mateminco models with similar packaging.
Astrolux FT04 is made by Haikelite and looks like a Haikelite flashlight and has similar packaging as Haikelite models.

Astrolux EC01 = ?? (the body knurling looks like some Thorfire flashlights, which would point to Sofirn as manufacturer??)

The rubber switch feels identical to the sofirn c8f so that might be the case ?

Placed an order for two excited to try it now. Now to pull the trigger on some batteries

EC01 Replacement part has been listed upon request

2Pcs Astrolux EC01 USB Port Waterproof Rubber Plug DIY Spare Flashlight Accessories - $2.60.

Are there any issue with the USB cover?
Does it fit other Astrolux lights?

Any news about a NW option for EC01?

Still waiting on mine… should come in any day now.

The issue, IMHO, is that it interferes with my finger when I am using the light.
One of mine is fairly neutral, the other is cooler.
Luck of the draw I guess, both are marked 6000-6500K.
When all is said and done I still prefer the FF E01

McLight mentioned that he received a broken cover.

I personally find the cover is tighter than most rechargeable lights due to IPX-8 rating. Wear and tear is inevitable if buyer uses the port regularly. Please be mindful when using it.

FT03 version

In October.

EC01 with Convoy clip

How long can this run on MAX output before step down?

Can the step down be disabled like FT03?

I wait for NW in October :+1:

It runs anduril so you should be able to adjust the temperature limit. As for the turbo runtime…well I dont have one yet but judging by the current draw and lumens it should probably be around 40-50 seconds at max with a fully charged cell.

That’s about right, depending on how you set the limit. I have seen it step down at probably 20 seconds.

it gets hot kinda quick on high drains so max 30 seconds or so then head is starting to get really warm… not sure u wanna disable stepdown…

I also noticed that the colour temp is below 6000K in the hotspot. I’m thinking of reflowing a 5000K SST-40 from Convoy for more throw.

Thank you th558,scosgt and mortuus for the answers. :wink:

How does it have less output than an FW3?

You can see it.

My EC01 is definitely brighter than my XP-L HI FW3C.

For me, output is more than a FW3A

and runtimes on turbo are considerably longer.

Longer but not considerably