✌ FREEME - ASTROLUX EC03 3*CREE XHP50B-3V 6700lm Andúril 21700/ 18650 Flashlight - from $

I’ve got one myself and collecting test results for a review that I’ll post soon. I’m very happy with it like others. Great value for the price.

I don’t think having stock spring bypassed is a good idea. As it is it is already stretching the limits and going beyond what a light this size can handle safely. The extra lumens would not make much difference but will make it even more hazardous.

Ahhh, I removed the inner spring and added a 20 AWG bypass. Also changed the LED wires from stock 20 AWG to 18 AWG. It's pulling 27 amps from a 40T now

Dunno bout it being a good idea or not, but it's a bump up for sure.

For the LED's, I got in a EC01 in 5000K and looks more like 5700K - I can't see any difference, very disappointed.

I recently got an FT03 Mini with a SST-40 in 5000K and that looks great! Very surprised it looks so good - the beam is more like a XPL-HI, very consistent through-out the beam, hotspot, corona, and spill.

+1. A balanced and reliable design is more suitable for the masses.

I am going to keep two of them in Masses Mode and I’m going to configure my third one for Atomic Fireball mode.

Even a modded EC03 isn't the hottest light around. Look at the D4V2.

A D4V2 weighs 71 grams while the EC03 weighs 175 grams. Hhmm - the D4V2 is rated at 4300 lumens can pull 16 amps.

So pulling even 27 amps from a 175 g light is a lower ratio of amps/g than a D4V2.

D4V2: 0.225 amps/g

EC03: 0.154 amps/g (40T on a modded EC03)

So which light would get hotter quicker?

Note: Hank doesn't list the weight of D4V2 models, but found the 71 g number in a TK post here: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/57232/1946

But, you still can put optional box for bypassed wire or spring…dang, select tick, done.easy. people would love having option. I know that spring wire bypasses look technically cheap and imcompactible, look low quality for some, i think that why.

All private and public deal prices will increase by $2 from now on.

Hi, Freeme
is there a code that works now for the new price?
Thanks

I just got the other two EC03 in the mail today that I ordered a little while ago. I am still continuously amazed at the super low price for its combination of quality, performance, beam profile, attractive looks, and very nice weight and size for optimum combination of power and throw. Anything smaller will have notably less performance, and anything with some more performance is in a larger size classification. If the Astrolux EC03 becomes an instant and enduring classic with large distribution, great; but if its production ends up not so very large, I have three. Now for the two hard parts: Foolishly not ordering a few more while they are still available, and making more friends that are interested in high quality, affordable, high performance flashlights.

Hi, I would like to get code for this deal too. Thanks.

interested

Can anyone recommend a source to buy a small amount of the bare copper braid flat cable to do the spring bypass? Looks like an easy way to bypass the spring, but could this cause problems later??

Interested please

Hi freeme,

Order placed for another 2 pieces. Thanks.

freeme please send me a code thanks . Quick question for all the battery on the first post has a steep shipping fee I think like 7 or 8 bucks any work around ? Also any recommendation for another light for around 15$ you know something easy or already modded to be a turbo mega light :slight_smile: low use and playing around I wouldn’t mind a sacrificial one

If shipping is too high for the battery, you might want to look for local source instead.

How many people want this? EC03 & EC01 bundle anyone?

I like the green

I do like the green. Hhhmmm. Also I really like these lights just come with the SS bezel - no extra $$$. Just wish they had true 5000K's.

With 5000K's, definite would order a set.