FREEME ✌ ASTROLUX FT02S 4*SST40 / XHP50.2 26650/21700 USB-C Flashlight Group Buy - Ended

You got mail.

Thanks Tom E for your response. I agree that it is nog a dealbreaker. It’s aslo unknown if it only happend on your light or multiple lights.

Anyway, freeme, do you have a code for me?
Thank you.!!!
That is really a great price!

A lighter package should be able to bring down shipping and raw material cost by small margin. As long as the content is well protected, a simpler packaging design is just as good imo, and environment friendly.

Thanks for bringing this up, I will inform them update their product pages this week.

Nice teardown Tom!

Host looks nice but unfortunately SST40 and XHP50 don’t appeal to me :frowning: I guess modding options are limited with the custom MCPCB?

XM-L2?

Yep, not many options unless you can do custom MCPCB's.

Interested

Code please, and thanks!

Aren’t they the epitome of “Cree Rainbow”? :confounded:

No, the XHP's are worse, I'd say. I bought/tested a new XM-L3 and didn't look bad, but only available in CW, so I think the SST-40 5000K is better - better tint, little more output, maybe about the same.

XM-L2's were about the one and only choice in high output for a long time, and eventually available in NW's and WW's.

Yeah SST40 is ok, but as much as I like the look of the light I think this would need to have future (relatively easy) modding potential for me to buy. Or be super cheap :blush:

Thanks very much for the detailed information, Tom E!

Code please if still available, thanks Freeme!

sharing some beamshots I took of the FT02S (XHP50.2 & SST40) variant:

1) Astrolux FT02S (4x XHP50.2 5700k) beamshot

distance to opposite building around 150 meters or 400 feet

2) Astrolux FT02S (4x SST40) beamshot

3)

Left: Astrolux FT02S (4x SST40 5000k)

Right: Astrolux FT02S (4x XHP50.2 5700k)

distance of flashlight to opposite wall ~ around 18 meters or 60 feet

Looks like the XHP50.2’s have a more even beam. I really wish they worked harder on a nicer beam profile or used an OP reflector

Out of curiosity is mateminco having a lot of production issues with this light ? I ordered decently early in November and my “Expected Shipping date” has continuously been pushed back multiple times to the point its now “Estimated to ship before January 31, 2021”. That seems umm really odd especially when I’ve had the status of “Dec 19, 2020 02:35 Our warehouse has started packing your items.” So did the person whom was “packing” my light mysteriously vanish? :person_facepalming:

There will probably be a version 2 of this light is my guess. The sst40 and xhp50.2 are different animals and it seems like the reflector setup favors emitters with larger dies maybe?

Interested!

all models on banggood shows very late shipping dates so idk…. popular just and they cant keep up with demand due to corona etc…?

That’s understandable due to popularity, But I also pre-ordered and the status indicated “Dec 19, 2020 02:35 Our warehouse has started packing your items.” So its just a bit perplexing that it hasn’t shipped yet or seen movement since December 19th as it did indicate their warehouse had started “packing” it.