FREEME ✌ ASTROLUX FT03S SFH55 9300lm & FT03 SFT40 2200lm 1300m NarsilM v1.3 USB-C - ALIVE

I don’t get why they used a domed LED. Im thinking of getting one but only if it’s easy enough for me to dedome.

5 Days since I cancelled my order that had not shipped and issues with BG customer service a another order. No refund yet.

The sst40 is not made in a domeless version. It’s too expensive and complicated for the manufacturer to try and slice the domes off individually by hand.

Or do you mean they should have used an emitter like the xpl-hi?

Here is djozz’s test of the sst-40 with an xpl.

You can see the sst40 can be brighter at higher amperage. An xpl-hi will automatically be 200-300 lumen less than the xpl. So it seems Astrolux wanted a high lumen light as opposed to a maximum distance light.

There might be other advantages to the sst40 as well. Like I said I’m not very familiar with this led. Perhaps it has a nicer-looking tint or is maybe cheaper than the xpl-hi. IDK.

I’ve only read the last half of this thread so maybe this has already been mentioned before?

@Th558, that is because the SST-40 does not come without a dome from the factory.

How hard will it be to dedome this LED for someone whose never dedomed before? Im thinking of buying this but it’ll only be worth it to me if I can get the dome off.

KD sells them dedomed now, not sure how many, not sure for how long.

http://kaidomain.com/Luminus-SST-40-Dedomed-White-6500K-LED-Emitter

Announced here: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/32313/1288

20mm pcb? :smiley:

Wow, that’s interesting. If you dedome a 6500K sst40, I wonder if you get a tint shift to a bit more NW?

I just got my CW version right now. This thing is awsome. Worth the wait. Olson Flat white will be installed within 24 hours!!! 700k lux???! Nah, porly sub 600k

From the KD page:

Note:
After the dedomed of SST-40 White 6500K LED Emitter, the color temp. will be around 5000K.

Ohhhh yesssssss. I’m torn; this, or Osram Flat White/Black?

Ah, yeah. In the Notes. I kept seeing 6500K everywhere and thought that seemed strange.

Down 1500K is a big change! I never would have thought it was that big.

Stock PCB looks decently big, going off the GearKR review - bigger than 20mm. But it should be on a shelf, and it has a centre ring, soooo….

edit:: Looks like a 26mm, this board looks similar in size for a 5050 emitter:

I am in please. Thanks.

Yep bugger it, getting a 20mm de-domed.

Ordered CW on February 17, still on back order :frowning:
I wish someone could give me thousands of $ without any obligations in return.

Anyone knows what Bin are the dedomed SST-40’s?

Edit, I could not resist and just ordered one!

Good, good, let the lack of impulse control flow through you

They have obligations and you have PayPal fraud protection.

Would you feel better if they delayed the sale to maybe 2 weeks before it was ready to ship?

I kinda don’t like these real early preorders. People get antsy when their money is tied up.

Ha ha.

Order placed. Thank you vrry much Freeme.