FREEME ✌ ASTROLUX FT03S SFH55 9300lm & FT03 SFT40 2200lm 1300m NarsilM v1.3 USB-C - ALIVE

The wrapper is higher than the button on my batteries, so it keeps the battery from shifting too far off Center

Ok,what 21700 cell are you using?

And it should be a straight swap, since the dual gold plated phosphor bronze springs will have no problem handling 15A+.

For a 3V XHP50.2 though(4x XP-G3s), I would either bypass the springs or put in dual BeCu springs for absolute maximum output.

Personally, I would love it if Astrolux had put out an SST-20 5000k in the light.
That would be absolutely bonkers if they had done that.

Would be the absolute best(easily available) 1x21700 thrower.

I always assumed the shipping cost was the same one month later or one month before for Europe, isn’t it? The shipping of one pallet or 2,3,4 etc. for States , shouldn’t have been an excuse for shipping others one month later. I assume ,Lumintop would of have time before to think how to do cheaper shipping, besides, most of european shippings were done by national shipping company ,for lower fare and custom trouble. In these type of deals, one is learning to be patient, as no other worries would change anything at all, and who doesn’t like it, the right thing is don’t buy it. I learned and I still enjoy the forum’s deals, as I believe that are best for myself.

The reason for the delayed shipping was that production was slow. Maybe 150 lights per week. This is way below a normal small light which might be 400 to 500 a week. Lumintop built up a big order of lights to send at once. Then they had to build more lights.

Lumintop weren’t even the ones shipping the lights. The shipping process in China is very complicated. Lumintop handed over the lights to a 3rd party shipper who then figured out the best way to ship everything.

I don’t understand why it’s done this way.

Ok, checked my notes. The UranusFire C818 was fully modded with a UCL/p, XP-L2 V6 3B (from KD), and did:

11.8 A, 2060-1880 lumens, 116 kcd

After modding it with a 3V XHP50.2, same mods (lens, driver, wires, MCPCB, etc.):

19.0 A, 4200-3700 lumens, 110 kcd

So, 61% boost in amps, 97% boost in lumens, 5.2% drop in candela. But this is a top bin XP-L2 vs a 3V XHP50.2,

Since the C818 is a thrower, but smaller size, I think it will apply pretty well to the FT03. So there will be a loss of throw from a SST-40.

I checked the 2 reviews of the SST-40 done here on BLF by djozz and koef3 and both found the bond wires burned up at 9.5A and 9.4A, so I guess it's important to keep the amps below that level. Adding bypasses and using fully charged top cells could be an issue?

Yeah, I’d be very careful with doing any types of bypass or even higher performing springs, ESPECIALLY with cells as powerful as the NCR21700A 30A, Samsung 40T 30A, and Samsung 30T 40A.

I didn’t even realize this was a question. I thought all the experienced modders know the end result will be less throw.

So you legitimately don’t know? You think it might actually be close to the same throw distance?

Now I am curious to see.

I don't know what you are talk'n about - of course I understand the theory, and the theory you stated looks correct to me. The FT03 is not limiting amps, right? Everything you stated is true for keeping the amps to the LED controlled, limited, which is not in the FT03 design, as I understand it.

Here is a new video with the Mateminco MT35mini. The tint on that CW unit looks quite blueish…

I found some conflicting data on the xhp50.2 die size. I’ve got 2 charts from CRX. One shows they are 4.82mm square, the other shows its 2.94mm square.

I think the correct size is 2.94mm. Does anyone know for sure?

I mean, what is the die size of one XP-G3?

No, I was talking about the doubling of lumens versus the larger die size. I’ve found that doubling the lumens doesnt increase the throw very much compared to using a smaller die.

I saw that the die size goes up a lot from sst40 (2 x 2) to xhp50.2 (4.8 x 4.8). Now I’m not so sure. If the 50.2 die is actually 2.9 x 2.9, thats not as big a change as I thought. So maybe it’s throw won’t be as scattered as I imagined.

IDK, let’s see what happens. :partying_face:

Between 1.44mm and 1.47mm squared.

According to CRX’s led chart.

That means the XHP50.2 has a 2,9mm*2,9mm die size.

It depends on the cameras white balance settings. You would probably need to ask the person if it’s tint on camera matches to real life.

Oh yeah, I should have thought of that way. I wonder why his current chart shows a bigger size? I vaguely remember something about this.

Anyway, I’m curious to see what a swap to a 50.2 does.

Samsung 40t from liionwholesale

I ordered a NW on feb13, it says shipped about a week ago but I didn’t receive a tracking number and now BG has emailed me requesting that I login to PayPal and accept a $10 refund.

It seems like a trick to try to protect themselves from further PayPal actions should the light never show up or have defects.

Anyone know what this $10 refund is about? Did anyone else accept? It doesn’t feel like a good thing to me…

ETA: just checked my acct and I do have a tracking humber showing the light is in Cali!

@TrueRMS, that is strange, I haven’t received anything like that from BG.

My NW says shipped on Mar/25 & has a tracking number but it wont become active until the light lands in the UK which is normal.