FREEME ✌ ASTROLUX FT03S SFH55 9300lm & FT03 SFT40 2200lm 1300m NarsilM v1.3 USB-C - ALIVE

No glue on the battery tube to bezel connection. Lens retainer bezel ring is finger tight as well and easily removed.

@weklund

Sounds good! Thanks for all the updates/replies. :+1:

Look'n good so far! Wondering if you can tell if the NW LED is a SST-40? I know it supposed to be but don't think anyone has actually seen one.

Very similar CRI. Tints match very closely.

Well … I am not an emitter aficionado … so I will let you decide. I hope these photos will help.

Yea, think that's an SST-40. Great LED ID ref here by CRX: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/23020

I have 2 cool white and have been using the 40t without issue so far

Thanks for the Info. :+1:

It appears that the best High drains are safe.

Hey Weklund, is it dark yet over there for some beamshots? Eagerly wanting to see the NW beamshot at distance…!!! :sunglasses:

^

It gets dark in Pa. at 8:10 EST. Got about 50 minutes before it is 8:10 in Cali…………….Just an estimate as it may even get dark later there by a bit!

Goodnight,The trail is good exercise before bed!

Ah, but you posted before April 1 for most members, so we didn’t expect the subterfuge. When beamshots are involved, people don’t pay much attention to the weather :nerd_face: . Oohh, nice range and tint. What unicorn leading a squirrel brigade?

It bothers me a bit that we've seen a few lights with centered emitters, but already 2 with off-center ones. So far, the quality control seems hit-or-miss. Most of us understood that we were taking some chances here, but we also knew that these companies have learned a lot about light manufacturing and overseas sales over the past few years. After all, the FT03 isn't quite like the first batch of A6's.

Oh, and I was kidding about the mispelt version of "misspellt" O:) . And I did it again...twice. I'll bet that there's an abnormally high ratio of Type A's on a forum like this, so beware: there's some nuts in this bag }D . I'm not claiming to be a contender; just pointing out the potential risk of blind challenges.

(my two cents, TWIMC: Photos are *great*, but usually just the first time. I'd like to thank those who take the time to remove photos and unnecessary text from their quoted posts.)

OK … A few quicky just after dark city boy beam shots per your request. I have a CW version inbound and will post some decent side by side beam shots once in hand.

If the reflector is not centered, unscrew bezel, tap the light against your hand or move the reflector, tighten bezel. Should be an easy fix. Nothing to worry about.

Thank you weklund! :slight_smile: :beer:

Got my NW version today! LED looks centered to me. Slight amount of green at very low levels but very nice neutral white as it ramps up, happy with the color temperature. Using a Texas Ace lumen tube (calibrated with maukka’s light) I observed the following:

I tested 4 cells, 21700: 30T/40T/50E and 26650: Shockli 30A 5500mah. They all output within a few lumens of each other, just above 1700 lumens (1740 was the highest I saw) and ~1650 lumens at 30 seconds.

It doesn’t appear anything above the 50E (discharge current: 9.8A) really made a difference. I’ll have to mess around with throw another day.

Thanks for the beamshots…

Looks really nice.

That NW lumen number sounds about right. I figure the CW version is a little bit higher.

I’m surprised that the higher drain batteries didn’t show an increase in output. I wonder if there is something that is limiting the current? It’s got double springs for less resistance. Maybe the led wires need beefing up or maybe a lower resistance FET will increase output?

On the other hand, maybe the 50E provides enough current to reach the leds output peak and extra current just goes to producing heat instead of more lumens? Hard to say.

I forgot to mention, mine wasn’t glued!

Thanks for the info, Jordan! I was kinda expecting the light output from the NW to be more like 2000 lumens, but I guess 1700 is good enough… :beer:

Do we know the bin of the NW ?

The 2 different N4 CW tests on BLF show around 2500 lumens at 9A , 30% loss in the optic of the FT03 would be a bit on the high side, so i suppose the NW bin is lower than N4 ?