FREEME ✌ ASTROLUX FT03S SFH55 9300lm & FT03 SFT40 2200lm 1300m NarsilM v1.3 USB-C - ALIVE

Because it was just released. I’m sure they will be everywhere in a few months.

MCPCB size, 28mm:

Really big MCPCB traces you can see here. Basically, the + and - traces are the full surface:

They mimicked a Manker MCPCB, but the traces and finish are different:

Mounted, stock:

Liquidy grease and a contaminant near the black wire on the left. It showed on the MCPCB side as well:

After cleaned up. Did you ever see copper with a wood grain finish? Hard to get the grease out of the channels:

That mark was some gunk that I could scrape off:

So, I don't think it's a good thing to have a wood grain finish on the backside of an MCPCB, no, don't think so. Fortunately it can be eliminated by a good amount of flat surface sanding.

Between the rough surface, the contaminant, and the liquefied grease, I'm sure that explains the cracking/popping sounds. I do want to replace the LED wires too, and for that, I'll need to get the driver out - gotta wait for tomorrow.

MCPCB Pros:

• good amount of grease
  • really like the insulated screws securing it down
  • LED wires look heavy gauge, guess at 20 AWG
  • nice size MCPCB, nicely done traces

MCPCB Cons:

• crud, gunk thing in there - not good, this contact area needs to be 100% clean
  • poor looking grease, dunno what it is
  • absolutely ridiculous finish on the backside of the MCPCB - what were they think'n? Not much on this...
  • copied a Manker 28 mm MCPCB, but wait - ohh, not the backside gold smooth finish, hhmm......

Thanks for the pictures Tom E, guess I have some work to do on my light.

…. wow that’s a bad MCPCB. Well, the back of it anyway. Looks like I’m busting out the sandpaper kit up to 2000 or so.

It looks like the screw holes need to be chamfered as well. A slightly larger drill bit should do the job.

Hi,
Very happy with the FT03, Ive tried 18650 LGHG2, Sanyo 18650 GA and 18650 Samsung 30Q, I have also tried 26650 Xtar 4000mah black, all seem to work similar to the eye but the 18650 soon start to drop in voltage after about 10 mins, would it be worth investing in another cell or would I not notice and throw/brightness to the eye. Link to Xtar review below

Yesterday,banggood change status to shipped…. again but instead of April 4th,it gone to april 12th 2019.
After paying on paypal 2 months ago for ft03…still have no flashlight in hand.
Banggood…good job.

I only have 2 L2 now. One with Luxeon V and one stock new XHP50.2. I mostly have one or two lights per model and replace the leds in thwm over time to try new things. That coloured L2 had SST40, XP-L HI and now Luxeon V in it. I don’t know how much time an SST40 will hold up at these currents. I have too many lights so each always get little use in total.

This is common for pre-orders. Sometimes it might take 4 to 5 months to get your light. You can blame Banggood if it makes you feel better, but ultimately it is you that decided to pay early.

If paying and then waiting a long time is something that bothers you, don’t do it. Wait until it is in stock and commonly available. Then when you pay, it will only take the normal shipping time.

(I think I’ve had my limit of whining. I’m gonna snap.)

Just received mine
First impression: It’s light
Second impression……

Every flashlight I’ve ordered from banggood has come faulty. First my MF01 had a blue LED, then my GT mini had a half functioning switch…now this

Well done to astrolux/banggood on glueing the bezel…and the battery tube. Looks like they’re gna have to send me a whole new flashlight instead of a piece of glass. They might aswell just glue the box so you can’t open it. This way your flashlight will stay in pristine condition for the years to come. Hope this teaches them a lesson. Haven’t tried it yet but dunno if I should turn it on. There seems to be something moving inside aswell.

Not a good run mate :frowning:

Got strap wrenches? That’s how I got my MF01 apart…

Managed to get the battery tube and bezel off with my hand. You just have have to try really hard.

I was gonna say - it's a pretty tight fit with mine, unglued, but think the o-ring makes it difficult. If there's broken glass fragments, may have marked up the reflector - need to check carefully. Finding a replacement glass may not be easy, unless they are willing to send you one.

How did you break it? Or did it came like that? You could get a replacement glass from flashlightlens.Com (not sure if they are still in business)

I am sorry to see that Th558. I hope [and they better] rectify the situation.

First update since April 9th when it was in LA.

Mine is finally getting closer! 97 miles from me. :sunglasses:

April 12, 2019, 1:38 pm
Departed Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item
ELIZABETHPORT, NJ 07206
Your item departed a shipping partner facility at 1:38 pm on April 12, 2019 in ELIZABETHPORT, NJ 07206. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date.

Mine should be in on Tuesday - weird things go on with Banggood delivery here. For some reason it gets shipped first to Tamworth (country town) then makes its way to Sydney… no idea. Oh well, won’t be long, anyway.

I feel bad for the people who are receiving defective/broken ones.

ALL of us have been waiting awhile! Tomorrow will be 2 months for me. I realize it is an inexpensive light,still, there is no excuse for the shoddy work on some of them. Please realize that I am NOT one who can mod and easily fix or repair the deformities! So the modders and mechanically inclined people, it is no big deal!

Of course , it is a different ball game buying from USA dealers…I rarely had to return anything[modded or stock],and if I did, the issues were resolved immediately!

So,oweban and the rest of us still waiting, lets hope for the best FT03!! :smiley:

Absolutely, fingers crossed all ends well for everyone - hoping postal companies are gentle on things, too.