FREEME ✌ ASTROLUX FT03S SFH55 9300lm & FT03 SFT40 2200lm 1300m NarsilM v1.3 USB-C - ALIVE

My 15th Feb NW order still backorder :weary:

Mine’s (NW) still on back order as well but I only placed the order in early March so can’t complain.

I’m surprised nobody here has received one yet though!

NW shipped , The order is placed: 02.13.2019 17:06:35

Probably already answered but what would be the best battery for this flashlight? To get highest output/performance.

Mine shipped this morning!

since its using a single emitter the drain shouldnt be a problem for most high drain cells, if u want the most the keeppower 6000mah should be ok if they fit this light, otherwise soshine 5500mah or other similar would provide longest runtimes.

For absolute highest performance, a 30T. A CW SST-40 could hit 2500 lumens plus in a FET based driver with decent resistance reduced light.

Few suggestions: :+1:

Shockli 26650 5500mAh 20A -

Vapcell 26650 5500mah 20A

Vapcell INR26650 5900mAh 20A

"To get highest output/performance"

Besides the 30T, the P42A and 40T are also up there. The P42A from an initial full charge lags a bit compared to the 30T and 40T, but for the full discharge, it seems to do better. Mooch review indicates that. 20 amp cells can't compare to these high performers.

As we already saw from the Mateminco MT35mini review, the current draw is around 7 Amps, so I think there will be no benefit from those super high drain 21700s, only reduced runtime.

Here is how Shockli 5500mAh and P42A compare at 7A

I’ll be using a black and white Shockli 5500mAh if it fits.

My NW order was placed on Feb 21 …. status ‘paid - in process’ from Feb 22 (stayed this way for 33 days)
I just checked again today … I see my order has been canceled.
WTF?

but why? the light draws not more then 7 amps, ? its not like its an emisar d4 or something that pulls 20a….

Dunno. My SST-40 mods and Dales' using a similar driver do more amps than 7 amps on high quality cells. Basically with our BLF type of FET drivers, the battery directly effects the amps drawn - there's nothing else there limiting amps except the usual resistance culprits, like LED wire thickness and length, springs, poor FET, etc. Even if you have inefficient wires and springs, the quality of the battery will make a difference.

Unless I'm totally missing something here - this is a standard TA/BLF driver, right? He didn't limit amps some how?

llmatic asked specifically for the highest output/performance, not longest run times. I can show you countless comparisons of cells for FET based drivers in lights. You guys saw my Q8 battery test results, right?

Where's the MT35 Mini review? I'd like to see exactly what's referred to.

Here it is - MATEMINCO MT35 MINI Review :slight_smile:

The beamshots in that review make it look like the cool white is a lot brighter than the neutral white. Hopefully that isnt the case

Is there a comparison photo of CW and NW? I couldn’t find the photo.

So, what makes you think the flashlight is designed for 7 amps, and that using a Soshine 5500 mAh cell vs. a 30T will make no difference? I'm confused - of course I had to translate that to English. It sure looks like a FET based driver to me from the pictures...

What exactly in the review is drawing the conclusion that the light can do no more than 7 amps regardless of cell used?

I only see a CW FT03 in the pictures - no NW FT03.

Hi Tom E

The guys are refering to the Black & white Shockli cell which is a 5500mah cell & has a continuous discharge current of 20a, more than enough for this light and almost double the runtime of the 30T.

Thanks, but yes I know that - I have Shockli's, as well as many other brands/models of 26650 cells. That's not answering the questions though.

The 20 amp spec is meaningless for this light, but does indicate it's a relatively high resistance, low power cell that a 30T easily beats in this light.