FREEME ✌ ASTROLUX FT03S SFH55 9300lm & FT03 SFT40 2200lm 1300m NarsilM v1.3 USB-C - ALIVE

CORRECT. The difference is 42.56%

If someone dedome the sst 40 it will be interesting to see the results :slight_smile:

Yh I guess I’ll have to see for myself. I thought my GT mini wouldn’t have much more throw than my L16 (603 vs 750) but when measured it turned out to have 90% more intensity!

I saw 235/135x100=174 so 74% more

I’ve got a dedomed on the way from Kaidomain:

http://kaidomain.com/Luminus-SST-40-Dedomed-White-6500K-LED-Emitter?search=Sst-40

I bought a NW, so it’ll be interesting to compare NW and the dedomed CW. I’ll have to try and set up a rig to get the exact same shot but with different emitters.

Lets argue about it!! lol!! Sorry your number is incorrect,without even doing the proper math you can tell that 135 is a bit more than half as much as 235. By that alone it is quite simple to tell that the difference is UNDER 50%! :smiley:

That’s the intensity thought, not the throw. The throw will be the square root of 235000 multiplied by 2.

Right! And that[CD’S] are the numbers he was comparing!

235Kcd =969m/1060Yds.

May as well finish up the numbers!

135Kcd-735m/803Yds

235Kcd=969m/803Yds.

For THROW- 969m is 24.15% MORE throw than 735m……………….so his 26% more throw was very close!!! lol!!,Just confusion b/w percentages of throw and CD difference! :smiley: Time for dinner!!!

Oh god not this again

Relax!!! lol!!! :sunglasses:

I am happy to report that I received mine today, So far I like it a lot! The box it came is nice, my flashlight came unglued, craftsmanship is great, I like the NW tint on mine, It looks like something around the 3A tint when compared to my Emisar D4S and Fireflies PL47 that have the Cree XPL-HI 3A tint led, It does not show any purple or pink in the beam.

My only complaint (If you can call that one) is that it had 2 small white specs of lint in the reflector surface that were easily blown away when I checked if the bezel was unglued.

So far I am enjoying this light. I will post back later when I have a chance to use it at night.

Good job Astrolux! :slight_smile: :beer:

PS… Astrolux could you do a stainless steel bezel for it?

Actually 969 is 31.836734694% (rounded to the nearest billionth I think) more than 735. I was comparing JasonWW’s CW GT mini measurement to tm07’s NW FT03 measurement. That’s how I got 26%.

this is from the old bunch sst-40 dedome 367,000kcd @10m same shockli battery at 4.14v.

[quote=tm07]

Actually he's using a clamp meter so no need for a shunt - just use a heavy gauge wire across the batt- end to the non-anodized housing, clamp around the wire.

Nice bump there for the dedomed SST-40! Now it's crank'n!

235 kcd to 367 kcd

Ok, I'n not gonna post what the bump is :facepalm:

Nice!! :+1: Is that also a NW emitter?

Any idea what the lumens are for the de domed SST-40?

You my have solidified the plan for mine. I want to keep the NW emitter get it de domed, current boost and beef up wires if necessary.

Well, seems like people are getting great throw numbers, like I did last week.

Did anybody break the 250kcd wall like I did?

I did use a super low resistance 20700A and a CW SST-40 when testing, so the LED must have been very close to the breaking point.

I wished I could get to test the light again, but alas, my friend is off to the mountains saving stupid/helping people out. She did send me a message that it was very helpful though.

Did anyone get the Banggood points they said they were going to give us for the delay? I just emailed them about it…

First impressions of FT03 NW:

• The built in USB-C charger topped off a battery to 4.14V
  • LED centering appears like 95% spot on eyeballing it but you can notice a very slight lack of corona on a quarter of the hot spot
  • The weight of the light is much less than it appears from the outside but still handles heat pretty well
  • There is no glue on mine (bezel and either end of battery tube checked)
  • Makes a slight popping noise on turbo as it warms up
  • Machining and anno look good
  • The end of the USB cover keeps catching my finger like a hang nail but it stays securely in place
  • Good positive click feel on e-switch
  • Very stable tail standing
  • The only thing that keeps it from rolling are the 3 very long grooves just below bezel so it will rock back and forth a lot until it settles
  • Switch LEDs are a pretty good brightness (not too bright) and aligned fairly well. Orange when charging.
  • The Astrolux and FT03 laser markings look pretty low quality
  • They should include a 21700 spacer or one of those hard rubber rings like the Convoy L2 comes with cause there is too much play when screwing it down and it seems to be a tight fit. Based on other people’s numbers though I dont see the point of using one and I opted for a 26650.
  • The neutral LED tint is WAY better than other cool white SST-40’s I have. I will rate it as good for the niche purpose of a FET thrower. Would probably not choose it for any small reflector or TIR though.

Overall, I would rate this light as a very good value for the group buy price.

Here is the output at turbo. The spill is noticeably blue/purple but the hot spot and corona look pretty good to me.

contactcr, a bit off topic, but what type of equipment do you use to measure the color temps?

Thanks to both of you. Sorry if I used the wrong terminology, but I called the wire a “shunt” as that’s what I think of it as in this case. I’ll try to be more specific in the future. I have professional experience with clamp meters :wink: , though mine is presently broken.