✌ FREEME- ASTROLUX MF01 Mini 7*SST20 CRI95 26650 ANDÚRIL Flashlight Group Buy - $45.99

True. Sustainability is important and hard to achieve on this small head.
Too bad the website doesn’t show the full beam profile of the white 2 version, would love to see if there is enough flood.

Dear friends ! No one compared with Emisar D4S? Which is better and who has a greater range of light?

Osram has S2WP emitter which has 4 2mm² dies (White 2) but it has a hole in the middle and fighting that will likely cost more throw that it’s worth. Also, White 2 is quite thermally limited and S2WP is even slightly worse in this regard.
So CFT-90 is probably still the best large thrower LED out there.
I know Vinh mods K75 and his lumen numbers are way lower than what Acebeam claims.
https://skylumen.com/collections/v54-lights/products/acebeam-k75vn-best-ultra-thrower

I notice that there is an Aluminium and Copper version on BG. Will there be any deals on this version?

Too late to get in on this? I’m interested

Created a separate thread for it. https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/58699

Since there’s a lot of discussion on throw and led etc, piling in here. Jason, or anyone else, wouldn’t a big led with zoomable head be best of traits? You literally get throw, lumen, spill, all together. Only negative is that it requires adjusting, but I think that’s fine with most ppl. Why aren’t zoomies more popular? I mean in theory a vendor can engineer a new zoom mechanism (not the common ones in market today) and charge more premium for it. Otherwise it seems like everyone is putting out the same light using well known variables and a new market can be harvested if more variations is introduced.

Why no mention of the Thrunite Catapult V6? 750 meter throw. And the UI would be familiar after having had a TC20.

You haven’t heard? Zoomies waste a ton of output when focused to a narrow beam. Take my CPF Cometa for example. It uses an xpl-hi led. When zoomed wide I get a decent 810 lumen. When zoomed narrow for long distance use it’s output was 270 lumen. That’s 2/3 the output wasted.

This is pretty much true of all zoomies, they waste a lot of output. They have a few fans, especially the smaller zoomies, but I think the majority of people don’t care for them. I don’t really like them.

Two reasons, the head is too big and the output is too low (to meet Clouds requirements).

I mean the acebeam w30 only puts out 500 lumens, and its a thrower. So when throwing, you don’t care about lumen as much?

Third reason - I have it, the catapult v6. I am ok with it as a small thrower but I wasn’t looking for a thrower in the first place, I was looking for a small but powerful enough combination light ( perfect balance of flood and throw, maybe on a throwy side) and catapult has virtually no flood, and yes like Jason said, it’s too weak also, and slightly big head, even if the beam profile was what I was looking for

Ordered on the 10th of September and is now on back order status. It’s still being sold as pre-order so just a heads up for people looking to buy now. You might be waiting for a while.

@freeme

If you have any info on the next batch that would be very helpful. I was expecting it to ship by the end of September (previous estimation).

On the Banggood page, it said previously that shipping was expected on September 29, but when I checked it today, it says “Expected on October 15, 2019” so I guess we are in for a little more wait.

I ordered on sept 7, support says shipping out 1st, but app shows preordered now.

Cometa, 270 lumen and 800 meters
W30, 500 lumen and 2,400 meters

They are quite different lights. Plus the Cometa is wasting a ton of battery power and generating a lot of heat to produce the small output. It’s extremely inefficient.

I think most people like reflector based lights because you get both flood and throw at the same time. Still, there are certain applications where super throwy beams are useful. They are a tiny part of the flashlight market which is why they exist, but are not very popular, in my opinion.

Will they add a xpl hi option for the Aluminium version?

if so i would like a second light in 5000K XPL HI

I found my notes, my candela increased 33% by slicing the dome off the xhp70. I went from 75kcd (550 meters) to 100kcd (630 meters).

The TS70 is rated at 25kcd (320 meters) so slicing it’s dome it might go up to 33kcd (360 meters). A nice bump, but probably not enough for your needs.

Between Sep 30 - Oct 7.

My guess is there will be some delay due to National Day? And such holiday can be as long as 7 days.