✌ FREEME - ASTROLUX MF01S 15000lm Flashlight Group Buy - ENDED

Thanks. Guess will wait for Freeme update…

It’s not a hum, it’s more of a popping, sounds just like a camera flash or an old strobe light, just a good bit quieter. I get a faint pop when entering or leaving turbo mode, and it pops on every flash in strobe mode. It doesn’t appear to be causing any loss of functionality, although high strobe rates in party strobe mode don’t seem to work all that well (not a problem as I won’t be using that mode often if ever).

Sounds odd. I’ve never heard this before.

Green received. Fairly accurate color representation.

I guess not. Link https://photos.app.goo.gl/Q28KUBY3uhP5M6cZ9

I’m still waiting to order.
So far no horror story. That’s good news.
Although i’m planning to order a sand/gold one, i have to admit the red/blue/purple and green colors are neat.

Got my green MF01S today and it also has no tailcap lockout. In fact, there’s no clear area on the end of the battery tube or inside the tailcap. It’s all green coated. I was surprised when the main LEDs flashed as soon as the threads engaged and the aux LEDs remained lit through the entire range of travel. Not a real problem for me, but it’s definitely not just a characteristic of the silver. It’s actually a good thing, as it felt like the cap was getting too tight while I was screwing it down on the 30Q button tops vs the other flat tops I was testing with. I’m not sure if it would’ve damaged the button tops if the tailcap had to bottom out before the light would work.

Overall I’m pleased with the color, finish and no overly sharp edges like with some other budget lights, though the threads on both ends were a bit gritty. It also has a good size & weight vs output. The human sized instruction manual was also a very welcomed reversal to the trend of packing tiny instruction sheets with microsized printing.

KuoH

Holding mine up to the laptop screen it actually looks fairly close to me. I think the strong contrast from the reflected light in your image might make it look different to some. It looks “greener” and more metallic than my SC26 or D4S.

KuoH

I calibrated the temperature sensor then set the temp to 55 but for some reason when I go to check the current temp it blinks twice, then once, then eight times. It was ok the first time I checked it but now it’s behaving strangely.

Thank you for posting the image. I followed all the instruction but for some reason it didn’t post.

Agree it is a very nice metallic green that is very difficult to capture, the tint will also vary depending on the light source.

The first time I screwed the tail cap with the batteries inside it did feel tight near the end, after a few more tries it now feels fine until the stop. The threads don’t feel gritty to me, but I’m a newbie in regards to flashlights and I wouldn’t call it smooth either.

I tried taking a video of the noise I’m hearing but it’s too faint for the camera to pick up. I won’t worry about it, everything else seems fine.

Woah green looks alright

Kinda green hulk look :^)

I have the same with my silver one. Sometime it don’t blink the temperature but other not recognize info. Turn of and enter to the temperature check mode again help. Everything else is fine. Max ramp can work long time. What is the lumen number on max ramp for sst20 4000k?

one of my LED stopped :frowning:

Any ideas ?

Replace the led yourself or talk to Banggood. Maybe they can send a new mcpcb that you can swap or else a new head.

I tried it, the temp calibration is alright, but the max temp stepdown is too hot the head was 55c so I dialed it down. Not sure if it set as default or value
Was just random.

With fully charged cells mine is 40.5% of turbo. That should be a little over 4000 lumens. As the battery level drops both of these numbers also do. Turbo on mine at around 25% battery was about the same brightness as max ramp with fully charged cells. Managed to run it at that level (4200?) for 5 mins whilst tailstanding before the head reached 55° which is 30° over ambient. How long does yours run on max ramp?

Tailcap lockout should not work on this light since it has an internal circuit board that contacts the cells. You would have to unscrew the tailcap to the point where springs no longer contact the cells.

LOL! I ordered a purple 5000k and received a green 6500k! The funny thing is, I really like the green! I own very few 6500k lights, so I’m probably going to hold on to it. I hope they didn’t screw up my blue order though.