✌ FREEME - MEOTE FM1 LH351D (CRI90+) / XP-L HI (4980lm) / SST20 Anduril 18650 EDC Flashlight - ALIVE!

Is the green version shown on the YouTube video the same as the sand or a special edition?

Sand with bad lighting/camera settings.

:weary: my order was placed 19 april. purchase info shows a tracking number but the shipping info page says tracking number not found.

BG came back to me. Delivery estimated to be 17th June.

Yeah id guessed it will take a while probably before things starts to move out there, i guess we all will get similar shipping arrivals or so… They probably sit in some terminal our packets waiting for further delivery destination outside china.

LH351D retail version mysteriously appeared on my doorstep without any tracking updates.

More pics will be added in [♛ FreemeDesign ] MEOTE FM1 Alu-Cu-SS-Ti - Exclusive Preview

My black copper LH351D has hit Australian customs. Should be here in a few days.
Woot!

Ordered mine April 14th. Says it shipped on May 6th Air Parcel Register. Said no tracking with that shipping method. Fine by me. It gave me what looks like a USPS tracking number but it’s not. My zip code is the last 5 digits of the tracking number so I am sure it’s some kind of order tracking for them. Expected delivery date of May12th. Of course that didn’t happen but, I’m sure it will be here eventually. Never had any major problems with BG. 4 to 8 weeks is about normal for anything I order from there.

I think a lot of us in the US get spoiled to fast delivery times and within the hour customer service. I never expect too much from overseas orders so, I am never really let down. Before I ever made my first order with a Chinese seller I read up a little on what to expect. I normally get exactly what I expect. 4 to 8 weeks unless otherwise stated and 3 or 4 days waiting on a response if there is a problem. If I stick to making my messages to them as simple and to the point as possible, I seem to get better results. When I try to over explain or otherwise tell them information that they don’t care about, it tends to not go as smooth.

I set reminders on my calendar for all my orders, 30, 60 and 90 days. When the 90 days alert goes off, I just contact PayPal. Only had to do that twice.

They gave me some tracking # but it doesn’t sound right since it’s a fed-ex # and it’s coming from California. If it is right it hasn’t shown anything other than information sent to fed-ex for a week now anyways.

I have no doubt that any delays after shipping or issues are due to the interruptions to global logistics and travel.

In Australia (where China “express” packages are usually fast enough) we went into full lock down before much of the USA and during that time I had many packages go missing for 2+ months only to turn up now (after getting refunds). Others delayed 2-3 fold.
Banggood was the only supplier in Asia I was getting goods from (still 1-2 weeks later then normal). I also noticed they changed their non free shipping from e-packet to something else almost right away.
Things are still slow, but better than before and banggood seem to be doing much better and taking active steps to keep things as optimal as possible.

Still waiting on things from March 1st from China, things from April have arrived though.

Global logistics are screwed, everyone is the world is shopping online almost exclusively and closed borders are causing huge backlogs of the things arriving to sit there and not be processed into the country.
Also, don’t underestimate how much domestic logistics normally goes on consumer flights as well…

No update in tracking does not mean that your parcel is not moving. This could be the new normal until shipping industry is stable again.

What is your location?

Last “movement” for my tracking was May 4th - “2020-05-04 21:42 Shenzhen, arriving at Shenzhen International Exchange Station”

Cant wait to get it!

:+1:

Shipping is weird these days. I bought some leds from Mouser friday 15.30pm, the package was picked up in Texas friday 20.30pm, and it arrived in Oudemeer,Netherlands saturday sunday 9.30am (to be delivered on tuesday so FedEx is not good with weekends over here). Planes seem to go normally from TX to NL ?

Edit: arrived today (monday) after all, so that is three days from order to arrival.

my track nr shows something now…

May 15 06:23
Package information received
Netherlands Post

so it seems things are starting to move slowly.

My black copper LH351D just arrived.
Threw in a 30Q and did a quick day time white wall tint comparison against some other lights.

Firstly on the build.
This light is heavier than it looks and appears to be built like a tank!
The rear clicky is extremely solid and firm and quite loud actually.

Copper head heats up like a stove so no doubt the transfer is good.
Its definitely running a throwy optic. I dont have any spare quad optics to play with but from my experience with triples, its got a small tight hotspot (for a quad with big emitters) with medium fill. The usual “clock notches” around the edge from the throwy optic, not the worst ive seen though.

QA: I have a small bit of left over glue or something just above the copper, like something left over from sticker. Will come off easy.
Had a tiny bit of flickering that was solved by tighting the rear cap that extra half mm until its really tight, not something i love to see in a new light…

The only similar LH351D i have for comparison is the Wuben TO50R. Unfortunately its quite a bit greener than the Wuben and many of the 5000k lights i consider to be close to the BBL :frowning:

After 5 mins with it during the day that’s my quick overview.
To be honest i dont really have a purpose for the light as i have many similar and more not similar than i know what to do with.
But its different, it looks good, likely has good heat management for the size due to the increased mass and copper head, as well as efficient Samsung emitter.
Being more throwy is going to be nice over the Wuben when using it outdoors. The Wuben isnt really an outdoor light as much as the perfect photgraphy or fill light with its perfect large circle of light.

Got to get back to working from home, 5 hours until the sunset here :slight_smile:

I would advise to perform a temperature and ramping configuration before use.

Will do.

Just unscrewed the head.
The copper is way larger than it looks, its actually the entire head, from 1cm below the driver all the way up to the MCPCB shelf! Nice!
The rear cap also has some mass to it.
Beautiful design and a really nice change to see such great build quality in this time of cheap crap.Havent even seen the aux leds properly either :slight_smile:
Well done mate.

i like everything about the light except the clip :frowning:

It’s weak and no good

I am a pushing for custom clip design(s) in future. A stiffer clip might be more suitable for for the heavy copper pill.