✌ FREEME - MEOTE FM1 LH351D (CRI90+) / XP-L HI (4980lm) / SST20 Anduril 18650 EDC Flashlight - ALIVE!

I got my refund through. It is a pity as it is a stylish flashlight.

Good news.
They haven’t answered me yet…

Do request for a refund from their customer service for your faulty unit.

Man, I’m not liking these comments :frowning: I just saw that my flashlight hit the US last week, but customs is taking forever. I have had 3 packages at customs for over a week now.

I hope you get your packages faster than I have been. I finally received a package from March that sat in customs (Chicago) for a month (May 9 - June 8). :weary:

Just to let you know… i did that as soon as you suggested it a couple weeks ago. I never received any acknowledgement my request was sent or received, i cannot find any trace of it in my BG account (whereas FT has a ticket section) and i never heard back from it.

Maybe something went wrong… I’ll try again.

Just FYI.

PS: Frankly i don’t care much and i won’t spend time or energy trying to get it right. It’s just not worse it IMO. This can happen and i accept the risk whenever i’m buying ‘budget’ stuff from a chinese site following some buzz about a hot new light on the forum. Ninety-nine percent of the time i’m very very happy with what i get and i want more (even more then i care to admit), but once in a while it fails and it’s no big deal. In that case, a few packs of cigarettes.

The MEOTE FM1 is a really nice light (especially the Al/Cu version) and i’m confident something great will emerge from this once the dust has settled.

Oh… don’t tell me that. I’m also in Central IL, and I have one package in Chicago, and two packages in New York. The thing that frustrates me the most was that the Chicago package originally had a delivery date of 6/12.

Mine finally arrived today (LH351D 5000K).

LH351D 5000K emitters are good. They do not look green when compared to D4V2 on turbo with SST-20 4000K FA3, and Sofirn SP36 on turbo with LH351D 5000K.

Beam looks good, and I do not see any flickering. I have no way of measuring lumens, but it seems as bright as my D4V2, and the head seems to heat up very quickly when using Turbo.

My only objection is that the button is loud and has a mushy feel to it. It makes noise while you are pressing it, which is quite different from the first batch of FW3A, which just had a reassuring “click” sound when you pressed it.

EDIT: When comparing at night, these LH351D seem a little green compared to SST-20 4000K FA3.

Weird, my light also heats up which is a good sign, but the lumens are no way near what u should expect from a quad emitter light. For the fun i dug up my old astrolux s41 light… it seems again not much brighter then that on turbo and that light is rated for what 1200-1400 lumens on turbo using crappy xpg3 emitters lol… again if i knew the samsung emitter in this light wouldnt even peak at 2000 lumens i wouldnt have bought the light in first place.

switch on mine is fine though , a bit louder then fw3a but not really mushy…

my emisar d4s sst20 3000k smokes this light on turbo, a bit unexpected but again… my fireflies e07 also is no match for this light…… so for me im dissapointed it so low output using sony vtc6…

worst is the damn flickering, using when dark is not fun really… kinda defeats the purpose to use the light when it flickers this much…

I wait for banggood and see what they say about refund, to me its not working as it should and i have tryied what i can and problem is still present…

Since I don’t want to send it back I tried ooening it again. I could finally get the bezel off without much damage. I just got some marks on the copper fins where I clamped it with a 4 jaw chuck, the Alu bezel was clamped with a 3 jaw chuck (fortunately we got some in the workshop) and a plastic wastewater tube for protection. Man that was a lot of glue/thread lock. It should be a crime to use threadlock on a flashlight….

Using it as a mule is a bad idea, the copper head causes some very visible amber reflections.

Modified the optics and the beam is way better. I will print a thin spacer and then it is okay. The flickering was gone after heating it for a couple of minutes with 200°C hot air to loosen the thread lock (did not work there but got rid of the flicker, I don’t knows how)…
Just learned (again and again :wink: ) don’t buy first batches :slight_smile:
As I said earler, the design is nice, the flashlight looks very good, but the quality issues must be addressed. Still a no go for a second Meote…

24 hours passed and no reply… I dont even have got email or anything that i sent a request from their website. It says they respond within 24hours… or is there a holiday now? I hate if they will ignore me because i asked for refund, i will never accept this, i give them a few more days then i just do a paypal dispute…. they should take more responsible when someone gets a faulty light or whatever…. i waited since late april for this so kinda dissapointed its not working fully as it should.

sorry but this is the last time im buying a light without any proper tests before they ship out to customers…… if i knew this know i wouldnt have bought the light… Its a nice host shame the technical stuff suffers issues….

made short videos of the problem, u can see how low the output is when double click to turbo also turbo many times after just 1-2 seconds lower itself… and flicker is maybe hard to see on video but its there and so annoying …… i hope banggood gives me refund…

Mortuus, your video is set to “private”

oops… try now

Nope, you can definitely see the flicker in the video.

just got the light too and already disappointed. its kinda dim, but that dark spot in the center is a eyesore.

Since I got 1 of each LED type to check them out, I've done some beamshots.

Only the LH351D 5000k would be "acceptably good" enough.
The SST20-4000k and XPL-Hi 6500k have poor beams and the XPL-Hi is notably dim, where 4x XPL-Hi should have been a bright flashlight (eg. compare with Emisar D4 or even the FW3A 3x XPL-Hi).

Beamshots are taken with the same camera settings (using an entry-level digicam, so may not be that great)

White balance: "daylight" ; ISO: 800 : shutter speed: 1/10th second ; aperture: f/2.8

distance of flashlight to "wall" ahead is approximately 18 meters or 60 feet

Meote FM1 (4x XPL-Hi cool-white)

Lumintop FW3A (3x XPL-Hi cool-white)

~~~~~~~~

Meote FM1 (4x LH351D)

FW3A (3x XPL-Hi 5000k)

~~~~~~~~~

Meote FM1 (4x SST20-4000k)

FW3A (3x SST20-4000k)

The still photos may not show the "beam artifacts" that well, but these short beamshot videos definitely show those beam artifacts:

Left side for each beamshot video is the Meote FM1, while right side is the FW3A.

Meote FM1 (4x XPL-Hi cool-white) vs Lumintop FW3A (3x XPL-Hi cool-white)

(observation: Meote FM1 XPL-Hi has some dark spots in the beam pattern, one near the center, and some around)

(in terms of brightness, it looks not so bright, so I would doubt the claimed brightness lumens for the FM1 XPL-Hi)

Meote FM1 (4x LH351D, neutral-white) vs Lumintop FW3A (3x XPL-Hi neutral-white)

(observation: in general, the Meote FM1 LH351D has acceptably good beam pattern, somewhat floody)

(unfortuately I can't verify if the claimed brightness/lumens is anywhere near -- I think it's not, but might still be acceptable)

Meote FM1 (4x SST20-4000k) vs Lumintop FW3A (3x SST20-4000k)

(observation: beam artifacts definitely show for the FM1 SST20, with one dark spot near the center and some in other patrs of the beam)

(in terms of brightness, it's also not as bright compared to the FW3A 3x SST20)

yes u would think a 5000k tint LH351D emitter quad setup should be brighter then my fw3a 3000k XPL but its not… its so much dimmer to the eyes…. even the so called rated output for xpl 4980 is very optimistic… even in your pics the sst20 and xpl hi on fw3a looks alot brighter… it should be atleast close to the lumens the lumintop fw3a does but clearly it does not u see that on the pics its not eveen close in any tint…. :person_facepalming:

i hope we all with issues get a refund quickly.

Just got my light, and it flickers at all brightnesses :frowning: Really disappointed considering how long I waited. I think I’ll ask for a refund from Banggood. Light output at Turbo also seems pretty pitiful. I don’t have a light meter to test, but my Sofirn SP32 is at least twice as bright.

I feel the same. My Sofirn SP32 is easily appearing way brighter than the Meote FM1. No comparison. I submitted an after-sales request to Banggood.