✌ FREEME - MEOTE FM1 LH351D (CRI90+) / XP-L HI (4980lm) / SST20 Anduril 18650 EDC Flashlight - ALIVE!

I just sent a message to BG inquiring about my FM1.
More than a month has passed and no news. And yes, I know that some people are waiting for more than that time, but I ran out of patience… :neutral_face:

I’ll be looking for their reply about it…

You waited one month??? I wouldn’t wait more than a week!

edit: Oh I just realized you’re talking about receiving the light. I just received my light, and it was shipped out April 30th.

Inquiring? Have you ordered the light?

Sorry for my answer freeme, but that is dumb question and it makes me look dumb too!!!

I ordered it on the 14th April, they shipped it, it was returned due to customs issues in the US (I presume), they shipped it again and since the 17th May it hasn’t moved!

History in this very own thread:

I guess this is enought to prove that the flashlight has been ordered…

I wouldn’t say that a Sofirn SP32 is brighter than the Meote FM1, but it may be that the SP32 “appears brighter”, this is because the SP32 has a central focused hotspot (which is brighter), compared to the Meote FM1 which is a much more floody light.

In all the pictures above (Meote FM1 vs FW3A), notice that the corners of the pictures are still lighted up (visible) with the Meote FM1, but are very dim with the FW3A.

However, even then, total brightness of FM1 seems quite a bit lower than the FW3A (I don’t have a light-integrating-measuring device), but I do have a Lux Meter and did some simple ceiling bounce test/measurements. It’s not “fair” to compare a floody light with a more throwy light when doing simple ceiling bounce (throwy light will read higher). But even then, in my simple ceiling bounce tests, the FM1 (XPL-Hi) is reading quite lower than what I expect.

~

when I have time, I’ll try to do a probably more “fair” comparison — Wuben TO50R-HC (4x LH351D, “2800” lumens manufacturer rating) with the Meote FM1 (4x LH351D, ??? lumens). Wuben TO50R-HC is a very floody light, so it may be interesting to compare its beamshot with the Meote FM1 LH351D…

Stilllll waiting on mine, with no excitement…just dreading dealing with banggood for a refund if it’s a dud…

Shipped Apr 29
Showed up in NY June 13

Guess it’s at customs?

got reply from CS,lets see what they will decide… i also said on blf thread other users are reporting same problem as i have so its clearly the light have issues….

+*Dear mortuus

Thank you for contacting us for the order 83896690.

Regarding your concern, I understand this might cause you unconvinced, let me escalate it to the internal department to see any other solutions for you after they check relevant information.

Please expect the contact via email in 8 hours. Thank you very much for your kind understanding.

Best regards*
+

Yesterday I sent a message to Banggood CS as stated here .

To continue the saga and to prove that I really bought the light, about 4/5 hours later I received the following message.

I didn’t reply them yet, as I’m seeing with gchart what can be a good option: to wait some more time (51 more days, eventually :exclamation: ), or to ask for refund on this light, and get him a GAW prize elsewhere!

@ MascaratumB

what shipping method did u chose ? My order from late april took a litle over 1 month with priority direct-mail to arrive.

Are you sure they don’t look greener than the Sofirn SP36? The LH351D in the Meote is very positive DUV whereas the LH351D has an almost neutral DUV. Unless Sofirn got a new batch of this emitter that has higher DUV, the difference should be obvious.

I guess that the first attempt (april) was with USA Priority Mail and the second attempt (17th May), after Banggood informing that it was returned due to customs issues and following their recommendation, it was Air Mail Register.

Mysteriously my flicker problems went away… not really sure why. All I did was wipe the threads with my finger a bit more. Still worried the problem will return though.

Oh, yes yes. How could i have forgotten? Do forward your order number if you want me to check for you.

Thanks freeme.
I already took care of it with Banggood CS.

They replied, and I replied back that I will wait some more time… eventually 51 days more!

I talked to gchart, that will be the receiver of the light, and he said he was ok with waiting! So I replied back to BG CS, and…we will wait to see how long will it take for the flashlight to move and to arrive.

:+1:

hm 3 days has passed now and no reply from cs to my support mail…. they said they come back within 8 hours :frowning:

come on……

Light seems to be doing better with no flickering, but it gets INSANELY hot after just like 3-4 minutes of being on (not on turbo). Is that standard for this sort of light?

Yes, that’s normal, you need to step it down to suit longer use or adjust the thermal limit.

You need a much larger light with more thermal mass to dissipate the heat

This size would only be able to sustain around 800-900 lumens of continuous use

Ahhh. Wish it could dissipate a bit more heat. At least the light seems to not be having anymore issues, just tried it with a VTC6 and no problems.

Mine isnt doing that much lumens yet it heats up, i dont get it really… or well i do get it since copper absorbs heat faster vs alu but when the light doesnt seem to give much lumens compared to my other multi emitter lights i find it strange… and the damn flicker is still present……

light still underperforms alot vs my other lights.