FREEME ✌ NEW LUMINTOP GT 8*XHP70.2 Searchlight > Sneak Preview

If I know Lumintop well I am almost sure of a new version with 8x Sbt90.2 similar to the GT8.

Probably GT98X?

Oh yeah! Maybe they’ll crack the 3,500 meter barrier

As far as I’m aware, putting more LEDs in the same size reflector doesn’t automatically equate to more throw. In fact it’s normally the opposite.

To get more throw you need 1 or both of:

• bigger reflector
  • more lumens per emitting surface area

Compared to a single LED, more LEDs means:

Someone better at maths and electronics may correct me here.

The GT4 doesn’t throw quite as far as the GT70 and the GT94 doesn’t throw quite as far as the GT90. Versions with 8 LEDs should have similar or slightly lower throw than the ones with 4 LEDs.

I really like monster lumen flooders but if the light is going to be massive I want it to have a a lot of throw. I will be curious to see if the 8 xhp70.2s blur the line between popcan power and the gt94’s throw.

Ya totally. The MS18 isn’t a thrower but 100,000 lumens sends that massive wall of light out farther than my smaller throwers

God news about this torch? For me about 50K lumen if like GT4 (25kX2).

Definitely interested freeme.

I got the GT90 and GT94X long tube. Must say my GT94X out throw my GT90.

Matt Smit measured the GT4 32000 lumens at switch on and at 5 minutes he still measured over 25000 lumens… My GT4 measured close to 600Kcd at switch on. For this light I’ll say around 50 000 lumens with definitely over 500Kcd for same head size as GT4.

Interested!

Freeme, any feedback for us regarding the GT8?

Hopefully by March.

??

Where is the fan for such a large emitter device?

Yes please give us a update.

Also, maybe it is worth considering XHP70.3 HI for this light :wink:

Freeme, yes please give us an update what the latest progress is on this light.
As mentioned from finges the XHP70.3 will also a good choice for this light.

How is the development going?

Freeme,
some new for GT8? March has gone! thanks.

Well this is certainly an interesting concept but it needs some work to make it semi “practical.” A fandle for a start, that’s a butt tonne of wattage to cool, in the same body as a GT4… But with twice as many LED’s. Plus using XHP70.2’s STILL. The XHP70.3 HI is here, use it! No tint shift, better throw and not much lumen loss. Who currently is making high power lights with XHP70.3’s? I don’t know of any, but there probably are some.

Lumintop, you can be a sort of trend setter here. Get some of the new .3 HI emitters and market it as the latest and greatest instead of defaulting to what EVERY high power light uses. We’ve got better alternatives, use them. Hell even a GT-FC40 version would be interesting, although going off the performance of my Acebeam X50 with those emitters, the size to performance ratio would be a bit out of whack with anything other than Cree’s XHP70’s. Hell even XHP50.3 HI’s would be a cool addition. Just my two cents