FREEME ✌ NEW LUMINTOP GT 8*XHP70.2 Searchlight > Sneak Preview

Imalent is using the xhp70.3 in its MS12 mini.

I know I joked about this one needing an extension cord. However I’m interested in it. Specifically output, size and cells used. It would be the brightest almost practical light I’d have.

Hi freeman are there any updates on this light?

I also really like to know.

whats the ETA on this?

Looks like freeme lost his fingers. I did also ask him FEW times but NO response.

Freeme is making money from this forum.
So, hi will be here soon…

I ended up buying the BLF GT4 last month cause I didn’t want to wait for something that may or may not come to fruition :frowning:

How do you like it so far? I bought one a few months ago and am very pleased with it. Its one of only a few mega lights that have proper heat sinking for long turbo run-times.

Performance of flashlight is awesome. The only complaint I have is having to remove the batteries to recharge is a bit annoying, and on 2x Nitecore UMS4 chargers it takes 4+ hours to recharge the batteries while I only get < 30 mins of turbo.

Yeah, I hear ya. Onboard charging would have been convenient if it actually worked properly. All the battery management systems (BMS) Ive seen in serial cell configured flashlights never terminate all the cells at the same voltage or work properly with any consistency. Cell balancing during charging cells in serial configuration becomes very important when discharging such a large current above a cells maximum rated output. So maybe we should be glad it didn’t come with onboard charging.

I charge 32 matching cells from the same batch, let them rest overnight, then group them by voltage. Then I know they are balanced and safe (or safer) during maximum discharge.

Maybe the BLF GT8 got redesigned to this TIGER - Lumintop ?

Might be coming soon. Lumintop share this picture this month.

Already started endless speculations on all specs.

Tube knurling is rather mismatch.

I think most likely is 8 XHP70.2 or XHP70.3 HI. All these high power flashlight must have good candela, else it is just blinding the user with lights reflected from the ground when it is on turbo. At night, 400-500kcd is considered good throw to see clearly 200m away. So I think Lumintop should target it above 500kcd, and 50k lumens.

Ya, it looks mismatched. The tube seems to borrow from Lumintop Tiger. I think it can be run from 4x 21700 too.
I wish Lumintop has an option of 6x21700 battery tube, to make it easier to hold.

Any updates on this flashlight? Real or Vaporware?

looks like 8 x sbt90

Potentially more output with throw at over twice the amps. Really going to need every bit of those 8 cells to work. I’d be storing mine in the refrigerator. For myself actually XHP70.3 for a little less heat and price.

This is a new product called gt98 and it is a GT94X with double the leds or 8 SBT90.2 leds there is some information on the Lumintop website.